Beauty & Wellness

What kind of deodorant/antiperspirant do you use?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 4:01 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
86 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

What kind of deodorant/antiperspirant do you use?

Though some people use the two terms interchangeably, deodorant is the one that covers up or eliminates odors while antiperspirant is used to reduce the amount of sweating. The latter is the one that typically uses aluminium (to clog up the pores), a substance which has been associated with (though not proved to be the cause of) certain diseases (e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26687397). Needless to add, antiperspirants are not the only way we are exposed to aluminium.

I sweat a lot and with the recent heat wave in Vancouver, got me thinking about this, wondering what others do, if they use deodorant/antiperspirant at all, if they do what brand, and if there are healthier alternatives.

Edit: so far I've used mainly Gillette antiperspirant/deodorant clear gel (with beads and without).
Last edited by Partly on Aug 2nd, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8 replies
Jul 7, 2005
760 posts
76 upvotes
North York
old spice - deodorant only.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10820 posts
1463 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I don't use anything except the rare occasion when I need to (eg. wearing silk), and it is some Nivea sample with aluminum in it.
Last edited by Becks on Aug 9th, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2059 posts
100 upvotes
Mitchum Unscented Antiperspirant

I like using this product but I'm thinking of moving onto something different that's safer since people keep talking about the problems of using antiperspirant. If I find a good product that's also unscented and isn't harmful then I'm going to use Mitchum less. I won't entirely stop using Mitchum Antiperspirant since it does make me feel less paranoid about smelling during hot and sweaty days.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1664 posts
25 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Literally just started making my own natural deodorant from an online recipe. Only 4 ingredients! Let's see how it holds up this next month!
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10820 posts
1463 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Partly wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 5:31 pm
...I sweat a lot...
Have u looked at the kind of clothes u r wearing? Lycra-cotton blends will trap heat, for example, and make u hotter.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2059 posts
100 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:56 pm
Have u looked at the kind of clothes u r wearing? Lycra-cotton blends will trap heat, for example, and make u hotter.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1568 posts
143 upvotes
Newmarket
i've been using this deodorant for a few years now [url=]https://primalpitpaste.com/collections/ ... rant-jar-1[/url]
it took me quite a number of natural deodorants until i found one (the primal pit in lavender) that i didn't stink with
i also sweat under my arms like a man, and have horrid bo if i don't use the deodorant........i remember when i was a teen that's when it started, and since then i can't be deodorant free for 5 min........my husband doesn't use one, and he never stinks...........it annoys the shit out of me!

also if i go to a place where the temps are over 30 celsius i use a random antiperspirant from a drug store and the primal pit on top for stinkyness because i would have sweat running down my arms ....ugh

i also use this after shower before i go to bed pit stop.....it just soaks up some of the wetness and makes me feel dry which i like