• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2018 9:32 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4937 upvotes
Toronto
OP has a wrong assumption that people who drive 70k+ car must be very rich.
I bet most of the cars in that price range, they are leased and not someone drop 80k at the dealership and take the keys home.
Yes, even lease payments aren't cheap, but if someone have a good income and other stuff are taken care of. A 75k Toy is not unreasonable.

There are also certainly some people who has tons of cash with a sugar daddy or the son/daughter of a company executive,

After all, this is not a 200k Lambo or Ferrari that people either won a lottery or have an extremely wealthy family to own one.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Apr 30, 2013
860 posts
535 upvotes
King City
A car enthusiast of course. Talk all you want, this is one of a kind. Those who know, know...
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4937 upvotes
Toronto
Kkhan15 wrote: So people who can afford the car are not allowed to save a few bucks? Theres a reason they can afford things. Nothing wrong with being frugal no matter what "class" you are in.
Agree, the people who are financial successful watch their spending and pay stuff for the best bang for the buck. Not over paid stuff everywhere they go. They can have a successful career but a spending dumby.
Jul 6, 2009
84 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Urologist at the hospital I work at got his delivered not too long ago.

Looks good.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
larphraulen wrote: The 5-cylinder in the TT RS and RS3 sounds amazing. Sounds like a baby v10.
Inline 5 have always sounded pretty good imo. Love the way Volvo's inline 5 sounded.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
Thing is non car enthusiast who likes the car will just get the regular or S model. Enthusiast who like the car but need's practicality will choose the RS3 which is basically the same but in sedan form.

Lastly pure enthusiast would likely go for the BMW M2 or Porsche Cayman instead. Both available with RWD and 6 spd manual.

For me personally it's one of the few cars where I prefer the engine to the car itself. Audi/VW should use that engine in more cars. A special edition Golf R with that engine would be awesome or bring the RS3 hatch to North America.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4937 upvotes
Toronto
Badman wrote: Thing is non car enthusiast who likes the car will just get the regular or S model. Enthusiast who like the car but need's practicality will choose the RS3 which is basically the same but in sedan form.

Lastly pure enthusiast would likely go for the BMW M2 or Porsche Cayman instead. Both available with RWD and 6 spd manual.

For me personally it's one of the few cars where I prefer the engine to the car itself. Audi/VW should use that engine in more cars. A special edition Golf R with that engine would be awesome or bring the RS3 hatch to North America.
Also, rather you are Car enthusiast or not, you may have no choice to get a car more practical than just fitting 2 people in the car.
Car enthusiast do get married and eventually have kids as well.
Mar 4, 2013
671 posts
533 upvotes
Gboard2 wrote: Small people so usually ladies and it's cute looking

Anyone over 6' is going to have issues fitting in one
Totally agree with you. I'm only 5'9" and I had trouble getting in and out because the roof line is so curved and low.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
It's definitely a sweet car. I like last gen's smoother design more though. Like the TFT screen, way of the future. Was considering the TTS but the rates were nuts and the TTRS only had manual at the time.

Btw, why is OP getting negbombed?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Meh girls car.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
EP32k2 wrote: Meh girls car.
What exactly does that mean? Besides, females generally have better tastes than cavemen.

What a silly comment.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Badman wrote: Thing is non car enthusiast who likes the car will just get the regular or S model. Enthusiast who like the car but need's practicality will choose the RS3 which is basically the same but in sedan form.

Would never happen unless they neutered the engine or they made a very special Golf R with a very special price tag to boot. $60k Golf R like then GTI r400 or whatever it was called.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tranquility922 wrote: What exactly does that mean? Besides, females generally have better tastes than cavemen.

What a silly comment.
It's a feminine car period. So no nothing silly about what I said except for the TT itself.
Mar 20, 2006
50 posts
13 upvotes
Woodbridge
Supercooled wrote: Sports car:

Super car:

Personally, even if funds weren't a major deciding factor, I'd be hard pressed to pick the R8 over the TT RS. We're talking having to work for a living not asking mommy and daddy for the money. If I won the lotto tomorrow, yeah for sure, R8 with all the trimmings and then some. The R8 is really for people who have more dollars than sense. What do they charge for the intake blade in pure carbon fibre? Something like $10,000 a piece?
for a lot of people, a brand new beige corolla is really a great car.

for some people, the f-150 is the best truck in the world.

for other people, a 911 turbo is the best bang for the buck.

then for many people, taking the bus makes the most sense.

maybe if you step a tiny bit out of your own world then you will stop judging other peoples financial situations and their choices of cars, girls or whatever.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely
The guy I just bought my B7 RS4 from sold it because he had bought a TTRS and had modded it to 850hp.

That's the kind of person who buys it... Lol
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
679 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: What exactly does that mean? Besides, females generally have better tastes than cavemen.

What a silly comment.
Since anyone close to 6' can't fit into one, it's made for girls who are shorter generally
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
679 upvotes
Andro wrote: You sure about that? I can't imagine this being smaller than new Miata. I am over 6' and fit in a Miata. Never set in new tt though. I would imagine that someone with a chubby heavier build would have that problem though.

BTW not all people under 6' are small, most are are average height.
Yes my mom has a TT so I've driven it when i take it to swap rims and etc and I feel like Mr Bean in it and don't really fit (I'm 6'2)

Don't know about Miata, never been in one
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Gboard2 wrote: Since anyone close to 6' can't fit into one, it's made for girls who are shorter generally
That’s not even remotely close to true.

Yes, small sporty cars have less room than an F150, but is 6 footers still fit in many of them just fine. A TT is less space compromised than true sports cars like Boxster or Cayman, MX-5, etc.

A GT86 or BRZ are as small as a TT and have room for 6 footers with helmets on!
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
EP32k2 wrote:
It's a feminine car period. So no nothing silly about what I said except for the TT itself.
Gboard2 wrote: Since anyone close to 6' can't fit into one, it's made for girls who are shorter generally
Silly comments and generalizations. Ya, those under 6'=female. Also, I guess many F1 drivers should off themselves too as they're deemed effeminate by you smh. Esp this latest design w its harder edges, hardly 'feminine', whatever that means. Besides, wanna bet your life that more females bought the TTRS vs males? Didn't think so.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.