• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 12:01 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
100 posts
27 upvotes

what kind of salami you like best?

I normally go to Highland farm or starsky and tried different types of salami. probably lihe hungarian salami or venetian tsar salami .
can you recommend other types of salami, both hot or mild , and ưhere dp you shop for that in GTA? is genoa salami is better? I seem to like the dry one.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16500 posts
1462 upvotes
Space for rent
Far from a cold cuts connoisseur but I don't like Genoa or any kind of hot salami. Makes great sandwiches or you can cut it up and make a great sauce for a pasta or rice dish.
Jul 29, 2013
565 posts
231 upvotes
I love the taste of cervelat salami. Maple Leaf used to make it in the old traditional way in Kitchener at the old Schneider factory.

"Cervelat Salami. A blend of pork and beef, fermented and dry cured. Fine in texture. Tangy and smoky in flavor yet also mild with a hint of garlic. Category: Salami & Dried Meats."
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1410 posts
722 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
profile wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 12:50 am
I love the taste of cervelat salami. Maple Leaf used to make it in the old traditional way in Kitchener at the old Schneider factory.

"Cervelat Salami. A blend of pork and beef, fermented and dry cured. Fine in texture. Tangy and smoky in flavor yet also mild with a hint of garlic. Category: Salami & Dried Meats."
Don't you mean that Schneider's used to make it the old tradional way until Maple Leaf bought them out? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5857 posts
341 upvotes
BC
I like the dry ones, lots of different ones. The whole calabrese at Costco is one of my favourites. Its big but I slice it thin on my meat slicer and then vacuum seal and freeze.
That's my 2cents worth
May 7, 2008
576 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Sikorski makes a really good all beef one - bit more more Hungarian style.

I don't think I've ever had a bad Sikorski product - should check out the entire line.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4114 posts
775 upvotes
Regina
as a hungarian i am biased to the hungarian salami