Automotive

What kind of tires are these??? Never heard of them before! no info either online...

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2014 10:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11973 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto

What kind of tires are these??? Never heard of them before! no info either online...

Infinity Tires.. made in china.

My friend just went to crappytire to get these installed.. his total came up to $550ish for only 4 tires.. I guess most of the charges were because of installation.. He's been telling me that he has infinity tires.. I'm not an idiot. Infinity Motors don't make tires.. I let him have his moment. Anyhow, he was fitted with Infinity Winter Hero INF-049 tires..

I couldn't find any article related to these tires. Apparently he was boasting how these are really good because crappytire said so..

just curious
24 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15761 posts
1245 upvotes
GTA West
Sounds like White Van Speakers... never heard of them.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
1647 posts
40 upvotes
i went to steelcase tires last week trying to get a set of winters. the gentleman behind the counter offered me Infinity Snows for 500 installed. i've never heard of that brand of tires and politely declined.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11973 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 27th, 2008 10:15 pm
Sounds like White Van Speakers... never heard of them.
haha.. i should be like.. did you get these installed beside a white van..
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
4748 posts
747 upvotes
BC
trixstar wrote:
Nov 27th, 2008 10:04 pm
I He's been telling me that he has infinity tires.. I'm not an idiot. Infinity Motors don't make tires.. I let him have his moment. Anyhow, he was fitted with Infinity Winter Hero INF-049 tires..

I couldn't find any article related to these tires.
You just have to get like some other people on this forum and spell it "infinity-tyre".
The Infinity tyre brand is a private brand, owned by the Dubai-based Al Dobowi group and manufactured by Chinese company Shandong Linglong Rubber Co.

They may be perfectly fine tires, but ....
Just to get things straight:
I wouldn't put Infinity tires on my Infiniti.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14339 posts
1292 upvotes
Oshawa
trixstar wrote:

My friend just went to crappytire to get these installed.. his total came up to $550ish for only 4 tires.. I guess most of the charges were because of installation.. He's been telling me that he has infinity tires.. I'm not an idiot. Infinity Motors don't make tires.. I let him have his moment. Anyhow, he was fitted with Infinity Winter Hero INF-049 tires..

I couldn't find any article related to these tires. Apparently he was boasting how these are really good because crappytire said so..

just curious

Looks to be known only in Europe, not NA.

The private label of the Dubai-based Al Dobowi Group, Infinity continues to gain ground in international brand recognition. The label endeavours to offer a competitively priced tyre range throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe, including a growing winter tyre segment. This year, the brand is consolidating its range by bringing in a series of new sizes for the INF-049 winter tyre and introducing the INF-059 – a winter tyre made especially for vans.

The Infinity winter tyre range is manufactured in China and was introduced in 2006. During 2007 the Infinity INF-049 winter range offered fifteen sizes in both T and H ratings, along with a distinctive asymmetric tread pattern, a proven winter rubber compound and benefits including improved braking performance, extensive tread wear resistance, low noise ride comfort, plus a reinforced bead that ensures comprehensive safe handling on all types of winter road surfaces. Now, in 2008, more PCR sizes have been added, in addition to the first 5 sizes in the new INF-059 Winter van range, which will comprehensively cover 80, 70 and 65 profile tyres

http://www.tyretrade.ie/08tt-news/tt670.html
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11973 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
i guess we`re in a tyre crises that we`ll import whatever we can get a hold of
Sep 12, 2006
945 posts
18 upvotes
trixstar wrote:
Nov 27th, 2008 10:50 pm
haha.. i should be like.. did you get these installed beside a white van..
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1708 posts
15 upvotes
North York
I've never heard of Infinity tires...but I think your friend just earned himself a new nickname.. "Winter Hero".
Dec 16, 2008
7 posts
Toronto, Ontario
Got crazy deal 4 Infinity tires for 280 + 80 for install. Drove them on Mazda 3 GT whole winter no problems. Those tires a chinese, seem to be good all season tires. Still driving on them will see till when.
Apr 29, 2009
153 posts
Mississauga
couz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2009 4:36 pm
Got crazy deal 4 Infinity tires for 280 + 80 for install. Drove them on Mazda 3 GT whole winter no problems. Those tires a chinese, seem to be good all season tires. Still driving on them will see till when.
Where ???. Would be kind enough to share with us.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2005
1269 posts
7 upvotes
i'm rolling on freaking Linglong L688 high performance summer tires...

these would be okay for like, my dad or my sister, but they are just not grippy enough for me. but it's a brand new set of cheapo tires....
i think i'll wear them out and get a new set in 2 years, and get new rims...

but yeah.. 89 bucks for 235/45/17 is dirt cheap. random chinese brand tires for the loss.

here's an article from car and driver
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/com ... 688_page_3

i would definately say pass on anything that googles up chinese. apparently ling long's parent group makes those infinity tire.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15761 posts
1245 upvotes
GTA West
couz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2009 4:36 pm
I don't know, you get what you pay for.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19892 posts
1520 upvotes
trixstar wrote:
That's all you need to know to not buy them, lol. Tell your friend, when one blows out on the road and he headed for his doom, be sure to chant "Infinity plus one!" over and over hoping it might save him. :lol:
trixstar wrote:
He's been telling me that he has infinity tires.. I'm not an idiot. Infinity Motors don't make tires..
Right they don't. You might want to point out to him that the car make Infiniti is spelled with an i at the end, not a y.
trixstar wrote:
I let him have his moment. Anyhow, he was fitted with Infinity Winter Hero INF-049 tires..
They're probably called winter hero because you will need a hero to save you once you go off the road with these tyres. :lol:
trixstar wrote:
Yeah just reiterate that first line from your post above to him and give him a puzzled look. "Infinity Tires eh? Made in China? :confused: " LOL. He must be one of those risk taker/daredevil types to put tyres made in China on his car...
× < >