Off Topic Archive

Locked: What kind of "weapons" can you carry in your car?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2010 8:56 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Jun 22, 2009
704 posts
7 upvotes
Gotham City

What kind of "weapons" can you carry in your car?

I want to be prepared in case there's a lunatic road rager who comes at me when I am driving my car. What are some things that I can carry on the trunk of my car to protect myself and still be legal if a cop stops me and searches my car? golf clubs? baseball bat? sword? knife set? bow and arrows?
Share:
40 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3624 posts
330 upvotes
Keep an axe. If you get stopped, say you went up north on the weekend.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2276 posts
87 upvotes
HEY! funboy is back

love your avatar bro
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
funboi22 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2010 8:05 pm
I want to be prepared in case there's a lunatic road rager who comes at me when I am driving my car. What are some things that I can carry on the trunk of my car to protect myself and still be legal if a cop stops me and searches my car? golf clubs? baseball bat? sword? knife set? bow and arrows?

Your car.

Putting into the trunk? "Wait a minutes, Sir! Let me open the trunk first."
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5774 posts
20 upvotes
just equip your strongest weapon, which happens to be your inquisitive nature in starting the worst threads that end up locked.

you can carry whatever your arms can handle.. ibtl
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5432 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto
I put a snookie where my spare tire is.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2010
2001 posts
112 upvotes
North York
Just mash the gas and run the road rager over. You'll be found innocent if you can convince the judge that your life was in danger.
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8279 posts
93 upvotes
Kitchener
Spare wheel. I pop the trunk, pull it out and use it as a frisbee.
Stop supporting monopolistic companies like Bell and Rogers if you want positive change in the Canadian telecommunications industry.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18138 posts
1047 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote:
Oct 18th, 2010 8:21 pm
why not just grow some muscles and fight like a man. :lol:
+2....work out your arms and when a road rager comes, you can proclaim:

"you have two tickets to the gun show!"....while flashing your biceps....

or just carry a loaded gun and shoot the road rager...just say your life was in danger
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1103 posts
133 upvotes
Canada
funboi22 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2010 8:05 pm
IBTL

Perhaps the dumbest question I've seen (and excuse my frankness) - if there's a "road rager", you should not engage with that person in the first place. Call 911 if you feel your safety is in danger.

The items you mentioned could just as easily land you in hot water under S. 88 of the Criminal Code - Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose. Of course you can try to argue your way out but you better have a damn good explanation for a sword or bow and arrow in your trunk.

Further, even legal items, if used in an assaultive manner, can be categorized as weapon. Case in point, R. v. R.C., 2005 SCC 61, stabbing someone with a pen landed the fellow with a charge of assault with a weapon.

The likelihood you will be charged for a criminal offence is so high that I can't even contemplate why anyone would want to do it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
6319 posts
417 upvotes
6ix
Only funboi is legal to carry a AK-47
Virgin Mobile $50 | Unlimited anytime minutes | Canada-Wide Calling | Smartphone Data - 6 GB | Text & PIC to Can, US & Int'l | Unlimited Incoming Text | Call Display Included
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1103 posts
133 upvotes
Canada
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 18th, 2010 8:35 pm
or just carry a loaded gun and shoot the road rager...just say your life was in danger

Carrying a loaded firearm, without proper authorization (that 95% of the population will not receive), will in itself land you in jail for a very long time and properly a life time ban on owning weapons, nevermind if you were in "danger" in the first place. Cops are there for a reason people!
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
1412 posts
1786 upvotes
ItechJester wrote:
Oct 18th, 2010 8:17 pm
HEY! funboy is back

love your avatar bro

LOL...

"Women are like teabags; you don't know how strong they are until you put them in hot water." :cheesygri
× < >