Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2016 10:46 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6119 posts
979 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
Jaytee wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:30 am
4 hours? 2.5 hours for the movie and 1.5 hours after the movie ended?
4 Hours was not the length of the film, it was just how long the film felt like.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3843 posts
78 upvotes
Hamilton
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 10:29 pm
Cosmopolis

The budget for this film was 20 million. I'd like to know how a film with 80% of the scenes within a limo wasted that much.
I watched this last night....UTTER ****.... i couldnt stay awake for the ending..im sure i didnt miss much.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
5858 posts
490 upvotes
T dot 6
emperorofcanada wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 12:21 pm
4 hours was not the length of the film, it was just how long the film felt like.
lol
stubhub sucks, like really sucks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
78 upvotes
Seconded (or thirded) on Cosmopolis. I actually quite liked the book when I read it but the movie is just horrible, mundane fare. Possibly Cronenberg's worst offering. I don't even know why he chose to adapt that novel NOW. It was fairly prescient when it came out, anticipating things like smartphones and stuff, but it all came off very old hat to me.
vero95 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 am
LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:34 pm
$5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Les Miz was...disappointing. The only good part was Eddie Redmayne. I am tired of Hugh Jackman and his showboating. Russell Crowe was awful and Anne Hathaway I personally felt underwhelmed. Too much "Oscar desperation" with this film.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
2700 posts
84 upvotes
+1 on Cosmopolis
also Taken 2. paper thin plot and action sequences with lots of close ups and camera cuts to hide the shoddiness and horrible attempts at acting
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4111 posts
519 upvotes
Lincoln
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10520 posts
1752 upvotes
Toronto
I watched the new Evil Dead full trailer yesterday ...Jan 4 online an hour after it was released and was really psyched being an Evil Dead 1 fan ...and having it as my fave horror movie of all time.

Yesterday, after work, I went to see TC3D being a huge fan of the original AND the 2006 remake / prequel.

I was really pleasantly surprised that they showed the EVIL DEAD new trailer I had saw earlier that night online...I had to clap for it. I really hope they do not screw this movie up. Nothing will take away from the original Evil Dead..as it was revolutionary for its time and had Bruce Campbell as Ash...which the reboot does not. Also, I prefer the original movie's makeup of the deadites with red puss filled eyes....this new one does not look so scary to me in the eyeball looks department...it looks like the possessed girl from the exorcist.

Anyway, more people were screaming and in shock at the Evil Dead trailer than at the TC3D movie which had some pretty gory scenes I must say.

Well, moving on to the movie itself....I to watch it twice in a row because I was unfortunate enough to be sitting at the 8pm show with an idiotic row of probably teenage girls behind me who went to the movie just to see the black guy cast member of the movie, Trey Songz, and not for the frickin' movie itself. I personaly think it was a miscast because the guy cannot act for crap...and I don't know or care who he is...as I don't follow him as a singer either. He admitted he was in the movie in an interview as a launching pad for a movie career..as done by many young singers who want to cross in the movie business. Being a singer does not make you an actor.

Anyway, these idiotic girls made me hate this Trey guy even more by constantly giggling and commenting loudly during the movie how hot he looks or whatever...completely ruining the movie. It got so annoying, that for the first time in a long time I had to turn around and tell them to shut up! They did for a while, but then started behaving more immaturely...so I went to the manager...who apologized and gave me a pass to watch the next show at 10:45pm.

Ok, so I go to back...didn't seem to miss much..and there was a scene where *spoiler alert*............the trey character dies....so the girls just get up and leave....finally peace at the movie theatre.
Ok, now onto the movie itself, it is a direct sequel to the original 1974 movie taking place a few hours after the ending...and the intro is basically nice edit of all the major kills and ending of the original using the original's own footage.
The concept is very nice about how the family was all killed but a baby who gets taken and raised by a couple who helped kill the Sawyers family.

Fast forward to now...the baby girl is grown up...and she is the hottest looking of all the TCM movies or remakes so far...but she looks 19 or 20 ...when in reality she should be in her late 30's since the events of the original took place in 1974 or so.

So that is one of the several annoying and lazy things that the producers just ingore.

The concept was nice but they just blew it as the movie progressed.

Now this girl inherrits a big house from an unknown relative and goes to claim it after confronting her adoptive parents. She goes with her friends on this roadtrip.

Anyway, I am not going to say the story....but some of the annoying things in this movie was how they tried to humanise Leatherface or make yo feel sorry for him and the star.

This is frickin leatherface....a monster who kills and eats people with his family who are also cannibalistic monsters. How can you try to humanise them or him.

The whole movie went to hell as it approached the ending.

The story could have been great but...they just made a pile of crap out of it.

Now, if you are in just for leatherface and the gore, you will get plenty of that...and the guy playing leatherface did a pretty good job playing the role. This movie has some pretty sick chainsaw kills. Or attacks.

The 3D was only effective when Leatherface throws his Chainsaw at the camera buzzing andall...other scenes had a chainsaw buzzing and inching slowly towards youface in a closeup..that's it...the rest does not warrant any 3D. This is just a gimmic to make more revenue from 3D ticket sales.

The other nice thing is just a few scenes with 3 of the original TCM movie cast in small roles...including Gunner Hansen...the original Leatherface....the Hitchhicker playing the oringinal TCM's older Sawyer brother in this movie...and Sally who was the original movie's survivor...playing the Grandmother (with older age makeup applied).

Another nice thing, was I like to watch the movie credits, so when the movie was over....everyone walked out of the theatre....I was the last person there..and there was a post creits scene that was pretty funny and cool.

So those of you who want to watch it.....you can wait till the end of the credits for a nice little extra clip with leatherface.

In the end..this is not the worst TCM....that title goes to TCM: The Next Generation with Renee. Zellewiger....but it blew its potential with stupid lazy story telling, a cast of victims you don't care about (except for the lead role) and plothole galore.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6119 posts
979 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
Scorpionsy wrote:
Jan 5th, 2013 7:52 pm
i think you just gave me a stroke
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
12625 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
Zero Dark Thirty was complete garbage. The movie was overrated. Everything about the movie was terrible. I don't know what the critics are smoking.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
4877 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
carmaster wrote:
Jan 5th, 2013 10:44 pm
Zero Dark Thirty was complete garbage. The movie was overrated. Everything about the movie was terrible. I don't know what the critics are smoking.
Overrated and complete garbage are quite different; expand?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4660 posts
865 upvotes
I thought Ted was mediocre. Especially towards the ending. Parts seemed like a bad episode of Family Guy using real life actors, but the suspension of disbelief just doesn't work out as well with real Actors.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2679 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
on netflix there is a movie called Rubber.
it is the WORST movie ever

It's about a tire that drives around and uses powers to kill things
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
78 upvotes
I loved Rubber, but if the idea of a sentient tire on a killing spree isn't for you, then skip it. His other movie, Wrong, is fantastic too.
vero95 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 am
LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:34 pm
$5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
× < >