Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 3:50 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
denn69 wrote: Charlies Angels (2019)
Bloody awful. The 2000 film was at least fun.
Not going to bother. The trailer tried way too hard, which seems to be a recurring theme. They need to write better for female actors.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton

Sci-fi movie. All you need to know is that there is a space station with some peeps on it. Then earth blows up and everyone is dead except the peeps on the space station. That is it. Don't bother!
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Nov 25, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but the last movie I saw and truly disliked was Alita. Normally, I am a fan of the genre, but this one just did not work for me on any level, I was never this bored during a movie in my whole life, literally. And I can stand bad movies, I'm not overly picky, but Alita just blew it out of the park for me when it comes to poor everything. Everyone else I went with liked it though, so who am I to judge, but it still felt incredibly awful.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
6 Underground was pure trash. A Michael Bay sh**show and a waste of 150 million.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1361 posts
1791 upvotes
Westmount, QC
carmaster wrote: 6 Underground was pure trash. A Michael Bay sh**show and a waste of 150 million.
When the movie was announced I thought it would be stupid based on the synopsis (and Bay being Bay). Then the trailer pretty much confirmed that it would be bad, but I thought ok maybe so bad that it's good ? Now the reviews pretty much all say the movie is terrible but I'm still gonna watch it cause it's "free". Netflix won't care as long as people watch it, but I wish they would give that kind of money to people you are trying something new.

Like Bright 2 years ago. It was not a masterpiece by any means but it had potential and at least it was different.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
theXshape wrote: When the movie was announced I thought it would be stupid based on the synopsis (and Bay being Bay). Then the trailer pretty much confirmed that it would be bad, but I thought ok maybe so bad that it's good ? Now the reviews pretty much all say the movie is terrible but I'm still gonna watch it cause it's "free". Netflix won't care as long as people watch it, but I wish they would give that kind of money to people you are trying something new.

Like Bright 2 years ago. It was not a masterpiece by any means but it had potential and at least it was different.
Ya I agree I want something original. Not a Michael Bay explosion fest like Transformers 2/3/4 and this piece of junk.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Found this to be absolutely horrible. Only managed 30 minutes and gave up. No idea what the big deal is.

I'll never see it, don't like anything Tarantino has done. Stopped watching Kill Bill 1/3 of the way through.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
hagbard wrote: I'll never see it, don't like anything Tarantino has done. Stopped watching Kill Bill 1/3 of the way through.
I'm a Taratino fan-boy, but I will admit that he does better when he's penning something vs. masterminding the whole thing.
If you haven't yet, give True Romance a watch - his best written film IMO.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1053 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
carmaster wrote: 6 Underground was pure trash. A Michael Bay sh**show and a waste of 150 million.
I actually enjoyed it. Completely ridiculous at times, but the action scenes were engaging and I found the dialogue pretty funny. Not going to win any awards, but kept me entertained.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
6 underground. What garbage. It was like a cheesy low budget 80s action movie that somehow cost 150 million to make. The car chase at the start of the movie was so bad. The car is getting destroyed and then it looks fine. Somehow it grows new mirrors and fixes its paintjob. At times I felt like I was watching Deadpool 3 without Deadpool.

Rambo: Last blood was also pretty bad.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
The night before.

I knew it would be bad, but thought it was a stupid comedy to have on while I did other things. I couldn't even get through it. It was beyond bad.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2338 posts
345 upvotes
In another world
I came across the movie and thought, well... there's not much to watch lately on Netflix, so I'll give this a try.
After some minutes I noticed there were too rushed action scenes, quick shots, lame jokes, tons of destruction, and the fact I couldn't appreciate looking at those amazing panoramic scenes and architecture... then I thought, where have I watch similarities? The movie reminded me of the last Transformers movies, whithout knowing it was a Michael Bay movie until the credits rolled....
Then I said yo myself, there you go!
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
webshark wrote: 6 underground. What garbage. It was like a cheesy low budget 80s action movie that somehow cost 150 million to make. The car chase at the start of the movie was so bad. The car is getting destroyed and then it looks fine. Somehow it grows new mirrors and fixes its paintjob. At times I felt like I was watching Deadpool 3 without Deadpool.

Rambo: Last blood was also pretty bad.
I literally just came here to write the same thing.

How is it that Netflix makes such terrible action movies.literally boring moving ... and stupid

I cant believe they burned 150 mil for this trash
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26208 posts
39748 upvotes
Toronto
CATS, saw it last night. The awful reviews are far more entertaining than the movie itself
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2338 posts
345 upvotes
In another world
Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker
The story felt too rushed. Many character backgrounds were shallow and somewhat pointless, if writters wanted to introduce them just to give enough importance to their presence on screen.
I couldn't feel the same empathy for the main characters as I did with Han, Leia, Luke, and Vader.
Big visual effects did nothing in order to maintain a strong story.
Lost are the moments of tension and emotion we would live in the first trilogy.
The ending was not satisfactory enough and felt more like there would me much more to be done, but with weak relations among the main characters that would be hard to achieve.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
I attended the Canadian Premier of The Rise of Skywalker yesterday. There were about 30 people in the rush line...I was in the last 10 people there. We all got our special premiere tags based on unclaimed tags. Each tag had printed on the back the row and seat number to sit in.

I had a great middle seat in the middle row of the theatre almost.

The movie had a lot of "member berries" (aka nostalgia bits..but overkill)...and was visually stunning...however, overall the movie, although fast paced, went nowhere as it tried to fix the crap that The Last Jedi did...but at the same time falls flat because it badly ties loose ends and does not explain others.

But the Last Jedi is still worse.

I will post my spoiler review here in the Entertainment forums later tonight on this thread and the Rise of Skywalker Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: I attended the Canadian Premier of The Rise of Skywalker yesterday. There were about 30 people in the rush line...I was in the last 10 people there. We all got our special premiere tags based on unclaimed tags. Each tag had printed on the back the row and seat number to sit in.

I had a great middle seat in the middle row of the theatre almost.

The movie had a lot of "member berries" (aka nostalgia bits..but overkill)...and was visually stunning...however, overall the movie, although fast paced, went nowhere as it tried to fix the crap that The Last Jedi did...but at the same time falls flat because it badly ties loose ends and does not explain others.

But the Last Jedi is still worse.

I will post my spoiler review here in the Entertainment forums later tonight on this thread and the Rise of Skywalker Thread.

The Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Review

I watched the Canadian Premiere of this movie on Wednesday night.

Short non-Spoiler Review:

Meh....followed by disappointment and sadness.

Major Spoilers Review: (You have been warned!)

Where do I start? I have mixed feelings after watching this movie....as I loved some fan service moments...but did not like and sometimes hated a lot of moments in in too. The storyline is so convoluted and rushed with plot holes galore...even if there are some good scenes or moments in this movie.

This is JJ Abrams attempt apology letter to Star Wars fans for the disaster that was Rian "Ruin" Johnson's "The Last Jedi" which everyone who knows me knows how much I loath that movie....and it still stands as the worst Star Wars movie ever made...and I thought Attack of the Clones was bad.

However, Abrams just barely inched past The Last Jedi...as this felt more Star Wars in theme than that other trash movie...I also love how Abrams just gave a few big FU's to Johnson for completely ignoring plot setups (even though vague) from "The Force Awakens". But this movie has so manu plot holes and things that make no sense at all....and things are just answers without any explanations whatsoever...and a lot of stuff just does not make any sense....it's just crazy!

This was obviously very sloppily and hastily written....with no plan whatsoever. This is Abrams and the writers just saying Eff it...let's just pull a D & D like Season 8 of Game of Thrones and wrap this b!tch up. So so wrong on so many levels.

My fave FU to Ruin Johnson moment in the movie that made me burst out laughing at the Canadian Premiere on Wednesday...and I mean like laugh out loud...was the moment when Luke Skywalker's Force Ghost caught in his hand his original Light Saber as Rey threw it to get rid of it in a fire as she was giving up...followed by him snarkily telling her: "Never disrespect the weapon of a Jedi!" This was a golden moment for me...as it is Abrams just crapping all over Johnson for making Luke throw that same Light Saber over his shoulder in The Last Jedi.

OK, here is my Main Problem with this movie...no in fact this Disney Trilogy (this coming from a guy who really liked "The Force Awakens") is that it completely renders the previous movies...especially the original Trilogy and everything they sacrificed and achieved in it...completely pointless, meaningless and irrelevant.

This trilogy COMPLETELY DISRESPECTED & DESTROYED THE STAR WARS SKYWALKER SAGA AND LORE. Kathleen Kennedy needs to be Fired NOW for this BS! She wanted to give us this SJW...Feminist...trilogy by having a nobody like Rey become the Bestest Evarrrr Jedi in the universe...even more powerful than Luke or Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)....with almost ZERO training whatsoever.

I don't envy Abrams...because he tried to fix The Last Jedi aftermath...but no matter how much he tries there is no way he could have fixed it in a 2.5 hour...and especially with a badly written finale movie.

If I keep talking about all the details that I liked and the crazy non-sensical moments I hated...I'll do it all night long....so I will just list both categories separately...and again there will be spoilers:

MOMENTS I LIKED...ENJOYED...FAN SERVICE ('MEMBER BERRIES...ALTHOUGH OVERKILL):

- Lando Calrisian reuniting with Chewbacca...and flying the Millenium Falcon together.

- Chewbacca finally gets redemption for the injustice of the original Star Wars...and is given his Hero Medal.

- The Luke light saber comment to Rey as a slap in the face to Rian Johnson as described above.

- Han Solo non-Force ghost (he was not glowing) special cameo with Kylo...although the scene and dialogue was cheesy as hell.

- Fin is back...Poe is back....Rey is back....all together as a team as they should have.

- C3P0 is very fun in this movie with a few funny lines in there.

- I liked the new droid...D-0 (pronounced Deo....like the antiperspirant...Lol)....it was cute...but BB-8 is still my fave droid from this new Disney Trilogy.

-Seeing a young Luke and Leia fight each other with Light Sabers and Blackout helmets on (so Luke suddenly is shown training Leia...which is information never told before but just now...and which in which Leia beats Luke in the Lightsaber training bout in the end...which is ridiculous and I didn't like it or buy it.)

- The Kylo vs Rey lightsaber battle on the wreckage of the 2nd Deathstar among raging waves.

- The emperor...Palpatine....saying to Rey "Do it!" ("Dew it!....LOL)

- Rose Tico is now completely ignored and is a background character....so she is not annoying this time around unlike how she was in The Last Jedi. Same goes for Maz.

- The little alien character who spoke funny and was rigging C3P0 to do the Sith Dagger forbidden text translation.

- Fin confirmed to be Force Sensitive.

- Excellent visual effects and scenery.

- John Williams excellent Score.

- Fast Paced movie...with lots of action.

- Seeing Luke Skywalker raise his Red 5 X-Wing Spacship from the water for Rey to fly it...as another big F U to Rian Johnson for having it at the bottom of the ocean in The Last Jedi.

- Seeing Luke being his more optimistic true self...even as a Force Ghost...instead of the grouchy hermit way he was so unjustly portrayed as in The Last Jedi.

Now...what I hated...and what disappointed me at least...and my WTF moments... in the movie (trying to recall everything but there is too much to recall):

- Who the hell was the Penis-shaped alien on the Millenium Falcon...and how is he a Mechanic trying to fix damage to it when Poe told him to fix it when Penis-Alien had no arms or hands?! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes....ROTFL.

- Now apparently...and without explanation...Jedi and Sith can Force Heal (now I know that Baby Yoda trying to heal the Mandalorian on the TV show was intentional to justify this crap...and I like the TV show). But if Rey can heal Kylo and Vice versa...and bring them back from death even....then why didn't Luke heal his Father at the end of Return of the Jedi...why didn't Obi Wan Kenobi heal Qui-gon when he was dying in his arms etc. Another STUPID addition that just makes no sense as it nullifies all the previous movies. One thing is for sure...Rey is the most powerful being in the Galaxy....#facepalm#

- Rey is so powerful....yet she was trained by Leia....LEIA! Not Luke...Leia...who never was a Jedi Master until this movie. Guess that explains how Leia survived dying and blown up in space when she turned Space Mary Poppins in the Last Jedi.

- No explanation how Maz found Luke's Lightsaber that she gave Rey in The Force Awakens.

- No explanation how Palpatine survived cetrain death in Return of the Jedi (the Death Star BLEW UP TO SMITHEREENS WITH HIM IN IT...HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISINTEGRATED...or how he built a huge fleet of Star Destroyers with built in Death Star Lasers in total secrecy with noone in the Galaxy noticing it.

- Kylo tries to run over and kill Rey with his TIE Fighter Interceptor spaceship in the Desert...when he was supposed to recruit her to the Dark Side for Palpetine. Makes no sense.

- The cringy moment when Kylo and Rey kiss later in the movie out of nowhere. Yeesh! Breaking the heart of Fin who is now relegated to just a "friend". Oh boy!

- Super Jedi Rey stopping a transport ship of the First Order from leaving by holding it in the air as it tries to take of and accidentally shoots force lightning from her fingers blowing the ship up...which supposedly had Chewbacca in it as prisoner...and this was thr only Ship in the shot...with us seeing Chewie loaded in it. So he is presumed dead. Yet later they show he is alive as he was on another transport ship ...maybe off screen? Bad writing and explanation...and possibly a reshoot after fans got pissed off in a test screening of him dying...so they just decided to explain how he survived as he was on another transport ship.

- Palpatine lets himself be disintegrated by his own force lightning bouncing back at him by Rey using two lightsabers....so why didn't he stop emitting his Force lightning....and then use it unexpectedly later again on Rey. This has to be one of the stupidest deaths and anti climactic moments in Star Wars...no movie....history.

- Apparently and without explanation you can teleport your Lightsaber or anything to anyone anywhere if you are a Jedi or Sith via the Force. Again, if this were true then all previous movies problems could have been resolved so easily. So Rey teleports her lightsaber to Kylo when he needs a weapon in a fight. This is total lazy ass BS!

- Another total lazy ass BS thing is that as a Jedi or Sith....you can kill yourself if you use too much of the Force. This happened to Luke in The Last Jedi.....and Leia in this movie. Makes no sense whatsover.

- It was nice to see Leia again in this movie (RIP Carrie Fisher)....but her moments are very obviously disjointed and meaningless in this movie mostly. But what pissed me off the most was her dying by just using the Force to telepathically connect or comminicate to Kylo...then her sudden death. Kylo and Rey did it all the time...no in fact the fought each other with Force telepathy using light sabers....yet, Leia...who is Rey's Jedi Master in this movie...dies so easily and with no explanation. One of the most non-emotional death in this movie. Total BS! Leia should not have been in this movie...it was a total waste and a totally uncermonious none impactful death when it should have been a highlight to honour her character.

-Chewbacca mourned and flipped out with rage after learning of Leia's death....and he did not even react half as much as that when he saw his best friend and partner Han Solo get killed in front of his eyes in The Force Awakens. Totally unexpected and out of place overreaction by Chewie.

- The Death Star 2 was blown up and literally disintegrated in Return of the Jedi...we all saw it...no chunks or debris were falling from out of space to any planet below it...especially the moon of Endor. Yet, miraculously in this movie.....huge parts of it are in a raging ocean...which as far as I know is not Endor. Also, the Emperor's throne room of all things is till intact...including his throne chair too. This is all of course one of Abram's nostalgia "Member Berries" which again are littered all over this movie...but makes no sense. What makes more nonesense is also how when Rey is in the throne room...she walks up to a Blast-sheild door that AUTOMATICALLY OPENS for her...with no power source on a completely destroyed wreckage (again which should not exist...but is not explained how if still existed after blowing up) of the Death Star.

- The Sith Wayfinder....the lamest prop in the movie...along with the Sith Key Dagger-Map thing.

-Speaking of that Sith Map Dagger...how was it designed to show where the Sith wayfinder artifact was located on the Death Star wreckage? How did the designer make the shape of the map pull-out part of the Dagger match the cut out shape of the Death Star wreckage?...did they know how the wreckage would look via a Sith Vision or something? None of this makes sense but Abrams expects us to just accept it without explanation. Also, how did Rey know to pull out that Goonie-Style (like the medallion map in the Goonies movie) curved map part of the dagger that was so well hidden? Nothing is explained. So stupid!

- The Knights of Ren have no history of them explained or who they are or anything. They just stand around looking for the main trio. Then when it comes to them fighting Kylo...he kicks their butts like a bunch of sissies in no time. These are the feared Knights of Ren? They are basically Storm Troopers dressed in cool black costumes...but are useless. These guys are basically the Captain Phasma of The Rise of Skywalker....total garbage and useless....and irrelevent.

- I don't blame Abrams for this one as I am sure he was not planning to bring the Emperor Palpatine back when he made The Force Awakens...but Snoke was killed stupidly and effortlessly in The Last Jedi by Ruin Johnson...when Abrams was setting him up to be the big bad main villain of this new Trilogy. So Abrams was forced to bring back the Emperor...and I wish he bough Darth Plageus from the beginning instead.

So who is Snoke now? A nobody just a clone of many Snokes that Palpatine has in his hideout lair...to trick Kylo into bringing him Rey...etc. He literally has so many Snokes in cloning incubation chambers there...like jars of pickles. Also, Palpatine is the voice of Snoke and Darth Vader in Kylos head all along. Just stupid lazy writing....damage control for The Last Jedi...and retconning.

- Who are Rey's a parents?...Aparently another retcon from the Last Jedi....from Nobodies as Kylo told her...to semi-nobodies. Her father is the son of Palpatine...who hid her from Palpatine because he wanted to protect her. Same crap concept as Luke and Leia hidden from Vader. No background about them....just accept that she is a Palpetine and his grand daughter out of the blue.

- One moment Palpetine wants Rey to kill him so he can transfer himself into her and let her rule...and shortly after he sucks her Lifeforce and Force soul power to heal himself so he can kill her ans become the Ruling Emperor once again. So why did he ask her to kill him in the first place if he could just suck her soul and Force powers out of her. No sense and just contradictory overall....very weak motive etc. It's a rush job to get it overwith with the story...so lame. The end was a fizzle instead of an Epic bang.

- Palpatine calling his new army "The Final Order"....the lamest name possible (I was thinking...is this a restaurant or something? "Oh, can I have some extra fries added to my Order, waiter, please?"...Waiter: "Of course, so is this your Final Order, sir?" LOL Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes!)

- The Darth Rey moment which was pointless and silly...she even gets hissed at by Darth Rey...like a wild cat...hahaha!

- Papatine telling Rey..."I am all the Sith!"...and Super Mega powerful Rey saying "And I am all the Jedi!" I rolled my eyes at this total Mary Sue character at that moment (realizing that they ripped off this idea off from "Avengers: Endgame" when Thanos tells Ironman "I am inevitable!" and Ironman before snapping his fingers replying: "And I am Iron-Man!").

- Rey deciding...and even though she is a Palpetine...that she is Rey Skywalker now...with no birthright to that Skywalker name. Who's gonna challenge her? They're all dead....and she is the most powerful woman in the Galaxy! Then she for NO reason buries both Luke and Leia's Light Sabers in the sand on Tatooine!

- Finally, Tatooine was in there for Nostalgia reasons as Fan service...and it is at Uncle Owen's Home...which after DECADES OF DESERT STORMS ON TATOOINE is only mildy covered in some sand. This abandoned place should be completely burried under the sand by now....but you know...'Member Berries and all that.

I have more but I think I have pointed out more than enough flaws in the plot and script of this movie.

So in the end...it was midly entertaining in parts and not in other parts.

I liked some things and moments and scenes in the movie...but it ended with a fizzle instead of a bang and grand finale to this Skywalker Saga of 9 movies.

The overall rushed story was full of unexplained things...plot holes...etc that it made this fast paced movie...which is not boring to watch...totally convoluted and meaningless to me. That is why I left the movie sad. The Last Jedi made me angry and lose interest in the franchise. Yet, I tried to watch this movie with an open mind....but the overall result saddened me a lot.

I give this movie a 2.5 Skywalkers our of 5 rating....only because of the 'Member Berries nostalgia...and some cool moments in it. It is better than the abomination that is The Last Jedi...but not great either. Just another Return of the Jedi rehash but much weaker...just like how (much more successfully) The Force Awakens was a rehash of A New Hope.

The Force Awakens is the best of this Disney mess and forgetful trilogy that insulted true Star Wars fans, but NOTHING will ever beat the original Star Wars Trilogy!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2338 posts
345 upvotes
In another world
Scorpionsy wrote: The Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Review

Now...what I hated...and what disappointed me at least...and my WTF moments... in the movie (trying to recall everything but there is too much to recall):

- Now apparently...and without explanation...Jedi and Sith can Force Heal (now I know that Baby Yoda trying to heal the Mandalorian on the TV show was intentional to justify this crap...and I like the TV show). But if Rey can heal Kylo and Vice versa...and bring them back from death even....then why didn't Luke heal his Father at the end of Return of the Jedi...why didn't Obi Wan Kenobi heal Qui-gon when he was dying in his arms etc. Another STUPID addition that just makes no sense as it nullifies all the previous movies. One thing is for sure...Rey is the most powerful being in the Galaxy....#facepalm#
Indeed... until the very end of an ennealogy, we see supernatural powers from Jedis like healing or reviving.
- Rey is so powerful....yet she was trained by Leia....LEIA! Not Luke...Leia...who never was a Jedi Master until this movie. Guess that explains how Leia survived dying and blown up in space when she turned Space Mary Poppins in the Last Jedi.
I was surprised to learn Leia was also skilled in lightsabers. I can't recall any mention of it in the previous 8 movies.
- No explanation how Palpatine survived cetrain death in Return of the Jedi (the Death Star BLEW UP TO SMITHEREENS WITH HIM IN IT...HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISINTEGRATED...or how he built a huge fleet of Star Destroyers with built in Death Star Lasers in total secrecy with noone in the Galaxy noticing it.
No kidding. Maybe Vader killed his twin brother LOL.
Hey, that could be a twist in the story...
- Kylo tries to run over and kill Rey with his TIE Fighter Interceptor spaceship in the Desert...when he was supposed to recruit her to the Dark Side for Palpetine. Makes no sense.
I think Kylo was bipolar.
- The cringy moment when Kylo and Rey kiss later in the movie out of nowhere. Yeesh! Breaking the heart of Fin who is now relegated to just a "friend". Oh boy!
That was an "ewww" moment for me. Nonetheless, Fin is in the frienship zone.
- Super Jedi Rey stopping a transport ship of the First Order from leaving by holding it in the air as it tries to take of and accidentally shoots force lightning from her fingers blowing the ship up...which supposedly had Chewbacca in it as prisoner...and this was thr only Ship in the shot...with us seeing Chewie loaded in it. So he is presumed dead. Yet later they show he is alive as he was on another transport ship ...maybe off screen? Bad writing and explanation...and possibly a reshoot after fans got pissed off in a test screening of him dying...so they just decided to explain how he survived as he was on another transport ship.
Don't forget the lightning from her hands, power only capable by the Emperor.
- Palpatine lets himself be disintegrated by his own force lightning bouncing back at him by Rey using two lightsabers....so why didn't he stop emitting his Force lightning....and then use it unexpectedly later again on Rey. This has to be one of the stupidest deaths and anti climactic moments in Star Wars...no movie....history.
At some point I thought the Sith would jump in to the fight. They stood there just for cheering up apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them hold posters saying "Go Palpatine Go!"
- Apparently and without explanation you can teleport your Lightsaber or anything to anyone anywhere if you are a Jedi or Sith via the Force. Again, if this were true then all previous movies problems could have been resolved so easily. So Rey teleports her lightsaber to Kylo when he needs a weapon in a fight. This is total lazy ass BS!
What else could they teleport? I don't think they'd be limited to lighsabers only.
Things are getting out of control now.
- It was nice to see Leia again in this movie (RIP Carrie Fisher)....but her moments are very obviously disjointed and meaningless in this movie mostly. But what pissed me off the most was her dying by just using the Force to telepathically connect or comminicate to Kylo...then her sudden death. Kylo and Rey did it all the time...no in fact the fought each other with Force telepathy using light sabers....yet, Leia...who is Rey's Jedi Master in this movie...dies so easily and with no explanation. One of the most non-emotional death in this movie. Total BS! Leia should not have been in this movie...it was a total waste and a totally uncermonious none impactful death when it should have been a highlight to honour her character.
Leia had no weight in this movie... her character could have been deleted from this movie and nothing would have changed.
- The Death Star 2 was blown up and literally disintegrated in Return of the Jedi...we all saw it...no chunks or debris were falling from out of space to any planet below it...especially the moon of Endor. Yet, miraculously in this movie.....huge parts of it are in a raging ocean...which as far as I know is not Endor. Also, the Emperor's throne room of all things is till intact...including his throne chair too. This is all of course one of Abram's nostalgia "Member Berries" which again are littered all over this movie...but makes no sense. What makes more nonesense is also how when Rey is in the throne room...she walks up to a Blast-sheild door that AUTOMATICALLY OPENS for her...with no power source on a completely destroyed wreckage (again which should not exist...but is not explained how if still existed after blowing up) of the Death Star.
The Emperor's throne is made from the same material black boxes from airplanes are made.
- The Knights of Ren have no history of them explained or who they are or anything. They just stand around looking for the main trio. Then when it comes to them fighting Kylo...he kicks their butts like a bunch of sissies in no time. These are the feared Knights of Ren? They are basically Storm Troopers dressed in cool black costumes...but are useless. These guys are basically the Captain Phasma of The Rise of Skywalker....total garbage and useless....and irrelevent.

Someone needed their 15 minutes of fame.
- I don't blame Abrams for this one as I am sure he was not planning to bring the Emperor Palpatine back when he made The Force Awakens...but Snoke was killed stupidly and effortlessly in The Last Jedi by Ruin Johnson...when Abrams was setting him up to be the big bad main villain of this new Trilogy. So Abrams was forced to bring back the Emperor...and I wish he bough Darth Plageus from the beginning instead.
It could have been someone greater than the Emperor. As many things suddenly appear out of nowhere, they might have better created an Emperor's master. It could have been more believable than a resuscitated Emperor from the ashes.
- Who are Rey's a parents?...Aparently another retcon from the Last Jedi....from Nobodies as Kylo told her...to semi-nobodies. Her father is the son of Palpatine...who hid her from Palpatine because he wanted to protect her. Same crap concept as Luke and Leia hidden from Vader. No background about them....just accept that she is a Palpetine and his grand daughter out of the blue.
Just to fill in the blanks.
- One moment Palpetine wants Rey to kill him so he can transfer himself into her and let her rule...and shortly after he sucks her Lifeforce and Force soul power to heal himself so he can kill her ans become the Ruling Emperor once again. So why did he ask her to kill him in the first place if he could just suck her soul and Force powers out of her. No sense and just contradictory overall....very weak motive etc. It's a rush job to get it overwith with the story...so lame. The end was a fizzle instead of an Epic bang.
Maybe he needed to catch his breath for a moment.
- Papatine telling Rey..."I am all the Sith!"...and Super Mega powerful Rey saying "And I am all the Jedi!" I rolled my eyes at this total Mary Sue character at that moment (realizing that they ripped off this idea off from "Avengers: Endgame" when Thanos tells Ironman "I am inevitable!" and Ironman before snapping his fingers replying: "And I am Iron-Man!").
And we saying "I' am out of here".

- Rey deciding...and even though she is a Palpetine...that she is Rey Skywalker now...with no birthright to that Skywalker name. Who's gonna challenge her? They're all dead....and she is the most powerful woman in the Galaxy! Then she for NO reason buries both Luke and Leia's Light Sabers in the sand on Tatooine!

She needed a last name apparently. Maybe for census purposes.
- Finally, Tatooine was in there for Nostalgia reasons as Fan service...and it is at Uncle Owen's Home...which after DECADES OF DESERT STORMS ON TATOOINE is only mildy covered in some sand. This abandoned place should be completely burried under the sand by now....but you know...'Member Berries and all that.
We're supposed to believe cleaning droids were sent to get rid of the sand beforehand.
I have more but I think I have pointed out more than enough flaws in the plot and script of this movie.
I have another one. If the all mighty being Jedi can now do magic tricks, like stopping a ship from moving and eventually destroy it, couldn't she had the power to destroy the cruises? Or make them crash with each other?
... but NOTHING will ever beat the original Star Wars Trilogy!
Absolutely nothing!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3419 upvotes
Woodbridge
The Rise of Skywalker
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Rise Of Skywalker

You really had to turn your brain off (to the point of comatose) so you might enjoy this movie.

Too much fan service destroyed this movie. JJ Abrams claimed that he's a Star Wars fanboy, but after watching both Force Awakens and Rise Of Skywalker. I seriously doubt that.