Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 1:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13887 posts
9479 upvotes
Toronto
To nobody's surprise, Fifty Shades Darker was pretty awful. Watched it in VIP last night. Still busy despite terrible reviews. Crowd mainly women.

BTW on RT it scores just 2% higher than the spoof Fifty Shades of Black!
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19322 posts
1449 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 8:49 am
To nobody's surprise, Fifty Shades Darker was pretty awful. Watched it in VIP last night. Still busy despite terrible reviews. Crowd mainly women.

BTW on RT it scores just 2% higher than the spoof Fifty Shades of Black!
lol - my wifey wanted to watch this and I was able to find a telesync copy of the Interwebz......she watched it and even she said it was pretty crappy......lol!!!

Originally she wanted to watch it in the theatres and I wanted to watch John Wick: Chapter 2 - I suggested we go to the theatres and individually watch the movies that we want to watch.....she declined....LOL!
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14167 posts
2519 upvotes
Toronto
Moonlight. Slow, boring and a waste of time. It's beyond me how this movie won best picture.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1838 posts
223 upvotes
In another world
The Institute
Knowing James Franco co-directed and acted in the movie I thought it was going to be a good flick.
It's slow and boring. I fell asleep in the mid of the movie. Maybe it picks up later. Not really interested in finding out.
Jun 30, 2009
528 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
carmaster wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 6:56 pm
Moonlight. Slow, boring and a waste of time. It's beyond me how this movie won best picture.
Pretty much all the movies that win best picture are slow and boring dramas, or at least have that heavy drama feel. You need to be in a very specific mindset to watch them. I've learned that movies that win Best Picture just aren't my thing. Well, the King's Speech was alright, but I knew what I was getting into.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1838 posts
223 upvotes
In another world
carmaster wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 6:56 pm
dchimera wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 2:58 pm
Pretty much all the movies that win best picture are slow and boring dramas, or at least have that heavy drama feel. You need to be in a very specific mindset to watch them. I've learned that movies that win Best Picture just aren't my thing. Well, the King's Speech was alright, but I knew what I was getting into.
A matter of personal taste.
Many folks mention that movie in the Last Good Movie thread.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4003 posts
556 upvotes
Aurora
dchimera wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 2:58 pm
Well, a lot of them are but there are also the likes of Platoon, Braveheart, Rocky, Forest Gump, and Lord of the Rings which buck the trend somewhat.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3009 posts
416 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Just tried watching that terrible Neighbors 2. Not so sure what is funny about multiple felonious "pranks" and sjw tumblerina "jokes". Awful movie. Cut it off about 3/4 way through.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1838 posts
223 upvotes
In another world
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 12:12 pm
Office Party - some parts were funny but overall it wasn't very good....

At least make some of the parts more raunchier or something - it was like they wanted to play it safe-ish....but still a bit raunchy.....overall a miss in my books....
Totally agree.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4003 posts
556 upvotes
Aurora
Fences. Sorry, but I just didn't like it and I don't quite know why. It has superb performances from Denzel Washington and Viola Davis in a minimalist film - what is essentially a stage play. Very snappy dialog well delivered by the stars. Why didn't I like it? I think I suffered from pure fatigue. 2 hours of watching a a very unlikable character performing a lot of monologues and abusing and causing misery to his family. Denzel plays a character I just couldn't identify with in the least. Excellent performances but I just hated the movie.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13887 posts
9479 upvotes
Toronto
Life . Watched free sneak preview last night. So many stupid decisions made by the crew. Very unscary monster, looked like a jellyfish banged an octopus.

One unintentionally funny Titanic tribute and a 'twist' ending that could be spotted miles away. How did this get made?
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1838 posts
223 upvotes
In another world
The Love Witch.
Not even the nudity made it watchable.