Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 8:48 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19271 posts
1431 upvotes
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Wouldn't say it was crap crap but wasn't very good...just a rehash of previous Pirate movies.....

Can't believe they milked 5 or 6 movies out of this franchise...I don't even remember any of the previous movies except the first one which was good..

And the way they left the end...looks like another one? Goodness
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4729 posts
537 upvotes
Hitman's Bodyguard - no real script just a lot of mad Samuel Jackson one liners - and back/forth one liners with Reynolds. Got boring after 20 minutes of that nonsense.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7343 posts
1057 upvotes
MOther ! few people left part way. Got good critic reviews but an F cinemascore. Now what I expected thats for sure
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2931 posts
208 upvotes
Kingston
Transformers - The Last Knight...... It was better than Age of Extinction by a country mile but it was still terrible. Plot was massively thin, Optimus is barely in the movie except in the very beginning and then he comes back for what seems like the final 20 mins lol.... Thank goodness Michael Bay is done with this franchise as maybe now it finally get back on track, but at this point they might as well reboot the whole thing and start anew as I have no idea where the new team is going to take this with the damage Bay has done over the last 2 or 3 movies.
Jun 30, 2009
524 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah, just saw Transformers - The Last Knight. It was only better than Age of Extinction in that Wahlberg's character wasn't emphasizing he was an inventor every ten minutes, but it was still garbage. I thought I was going in expecting crap, but the turdfest in this was surprising. The direction was terrible, Michael Bay's eternal sunrise/sunset was everywhere, constant shaky cam and the inability to find a focus, the aspect ratio was changing in almost every shot in some sequences (and not even action sequences, sometimes it was just 2 people talking and the aspect ratio changed depending on who you were looking at), there were still absolutely stupid characters that had no point, and the constant spinning/flipping/somersaulting - because nothing adds to a dynamic scene more than meaningless tumbling.

If this was Michael Bay's last involvement with the franchise, then it's about time. They'll probably try to continue on with Unicron, but maybe they do need to just reboot this.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10157 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
I just saw mother!. Yikes, save your money. I read an article about the symbolism used in the movie, and the article was more interesting than the movie itself.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7462 posts
775 upvotes
Victoria
ji2o0k wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 5:31 pm
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Wouldn't say it was crap crap but wasn't very good...just a rehash of previous Pirate movies.....

Can't believe they milked 5 or 6 movies out of this franchise...I don't even remember any of the previous movies except the first one which was good..

And the way they left the end...looks like another one? Goodness
It's funny I could of sworn it was the 6th, but my wife informed me it was only the 5th... feels like more. Funny they teased the return of orlando bloom and he was barely in it. It's sad because the 1st one was so good... but the sequels have been meh. I thought this one was a little better than the last one but that doesn't say much.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1826 posts
221 upvotes
In another world
kcorscadden wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 10:10 pm
Transformers - The Last Knight...... It was better than Age of Extinction by a country mile but it was still terrible. Plot was massively thin, Optimus is barely in the movie except in the very beginning and then he comes back for what seems like the final 20 mins lol.... Thank goodness Michael Bay is done with this franchise as maybe now it finally get back on track, but at this point they might as well reboot the whole thing and start anew as I have no idea where the new team is going to take this with the damage Bay has done over the last 2 or 3 movies.
Watched it last night. So disappointing.
Pros: The visual effects.
Cons: Convoluted story. A visual mess, jumping from one scene to another so fast I couldn't appreciate the details, where everybody talks/yells almost at the same time, where humans understand robot language.
I only enjoyed the first and third movie in the series.