Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 12:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1822 posts
220 upvotes
In another world
The Houses October Built 2
What a crappy nonsense movie. I bet actors had more fun doing the movie than the audience watching it.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13701 posts
9201 upvotes
Toronto
Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Watched this last night. Made the original look even better in comparison. This one is long and pretty dumb. Not sure if it'll merit a 3rd installment.

Mountain Between Us. Garbage flick. If you want action in the frozen woods check out 'The Edge' w/Hopkins & Baldwin instead.
Last edited by sprung on Sep 26th, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1822 posts
220 upvotes
In another world
Spider-Man: Homecoming
I think the actor was too young for my liking. I would have preferred Toby or Andrew to continue with the saga.
And the high-tech suit was too much, like another Iron Man suit version. As the wife said, the movie is geared towards a younger generation of teens, rather than guys and gals accustomed to classic heroes.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14065 posts
2472 upvotes
Toronto
gontori wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 11:09 am
Spider-Man: Homecoming
I think the actor was too young for my liking. I would have preferred Toby or Andrew to continue with the saga.
And the high-tech suit was too much, like another Iron Man suit version. As the wife said, the movie is geared towards a younger generation of teens, rather than guys and gals accustomed to classic heroes.
Wow i'm surprised. I think it was one of the Better Spiderman movies way better than the Andrew ones.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1333 posts
87 upvotes
Kung Fu Yoga.
As someone who worked on the DVD post production of The Myth, I'd have to say it certainly deserved a better follow-up sequel. This misses the mark.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1450 posts
432 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 3:22 pm
Kung Fu Yoga.
As someone who worked on the DVD post production of The Myth, I'd have to say it certainly deserved a better follow-up sequel. This misses the mark.
Why do you name drop for every post? I'm curious.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1333 posts
87 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 4:36 pm
Why do you name drop for every post? I'm curious.
Because Kung Fu Yoga is the supposed sequel of a film I was loosely involved in? What name was dropped? You tell me.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14065 posts
2472 upvotes
Toronto
Atomic Blonde. Slow and boring. Lacks action.
May 23, 2017
249 posts
64 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 12:09 am
Because Kung Fu Yoga is the supposed sequel of a film I was loosely involved in? What name was dropped? You tell me.
Don't bother with this guy @badOne I have noticed the exact same thing in 99% of his posts and it makes me cringe every time I read them. He is just some "loosely involved" background actor who said hello to Guillermo Del Toro once and now he thinks that they are best friends.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2495 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
I watched Transformers - The Last Knight this past week-end and wow was it ever bad. I've actually enjoyed each of the previous ones to some extent, but this one was really quite terrible. I think this franchise is done and hope that they don't make any more if this is how they're going to be.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10744 posts
1273 upvotes
Edmonton
Passengers.

I really wanted to like it. I really did. It had great moments.

The first 10 to 15 minutes a la last man on earth beard was pretty epic. Special effects were pretty great. The trapped in a bubble of water pool scene was amazing, pretty smart when you think about it just like a bug drowning in a raindrop of water due to surface tension. The bartender was a good comedic relief if a bit of a robotic moron.

Then it turned into a crappy love story. Then a scornful heartbreak. Then a tragedy when Lawrence fishborne shows up for all of 10 minutes before he kicks the bucket. And then a second rate sci fi action making no sense.

Seriously, all the computers are burning out because part of one pc took a meteorite hit? And it's the most important one? Seriously no redundancy at all? And the safety exhaust vent has to be held open manually by a person holding a wrench? Did the story writers get that lazy at the end?

After the two main characters spent a couple of years on the ship and one finally figured out that one could stay asleep in the infirmary pod while the second would grow old and die. It took my wife 30 seconds after the credits to brainstorm up the idea, couldn't they swap out the use of the pod every few years and split the time aging 44 years each? Sure they lose a good chunk of their lives but they would be alive at the destination and likely in line for a multi quadrillion dollar settlement from the homestead company.

And why is it absolutely impossible for them to survive the 88 remaining years of the voyage? The main characters are in their late 20s or early 30s and great health. People today live to 90 or 100 in many cases. This is set in a future with obviously advanced medical technologies to the point a frozen corpse from space can be revived with no obvious trama effects and able to lock lips and hips immediately after with no recovery time. Is it impossible for someone to live to 120?

Is the homestead company the same as the corporation in avatar and aliens as well? Sure seems like it.

I wonder if Andy Garcia got paid for his 3 seconds of screen time? I'll have to watch the alternate endings to see if there is any more screentime for him.

Give it a watch but no guarantees you will like it any more or less than i did.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1450 posts
432 upvotes
I liked Passengers - had a unique story going for it. Attractive cast members, and a sappy ending. And it's even Sci-fi! Hard to dislike it.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1822 posts
220 upvotes
In another world
1922 (2017)
Slow and kind of boring.
Not all Stephen King books have good movie adaptations, and this is one of them.
I watched it till the end as I'm a fan of S.K. movies, and was waiting for a big surprise, but I found it meh.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1333 posts
87 upvotes
Enter the Dragon's Gate.
I only watched this because of Ni Ni and the fact that Francis Ng was in a Luc Besson production. But alas, it had to be Forbidden Kingdom 2.0. Oh, and Francis Ng was dubbed over, sounding like James Hong for some odd reason.