Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 7:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1168 posts
955 upvotes
Canada
Logan. Not sure what the hype was all about. 2 hours of a guy limping and a little girl pretending she cant speak...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7054 posts
944 upvotes
Winnipeg
J.C wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:56 am
Logan. Not sure what the hype was all about. 2 hours of a guy limping and a little girl pretending she cant speak...
Not gonna downvote for differences of opinion. Instead i'll disagree with your feelings because I think its one of those movies you have to know its roots or maybe had read it when you were a kid to enjoy it.

The original was a comic written by Frank Miller. He's stuff has been adapted to the films alot, like "30 days of Night", "Sin City", "300". This was at best influenced by his novel "Old man Logan" but only by title. The rest is a completely new story line and might be the best writing of a comic character adaption to cinema yet. Because the "story" maybe better than the original graphic novel which was a very crazy dystopian society and far too difficult to meet mass appeal in film.

Its rare for a film to have the better story to reach that suspension of disbelief. Most often it disappoints thru inferior writing when someone tries to make an adaption to the film.

I'll tell you what cemented logan for me. (Spoiler tho, so stop reading if you havent seen it)

It was a script around defeating all super powered beings on earth with just sugar water. I saw the reverse parallel to the world changing question Steve Jobs said to Pepsi executive John Sculley to lure him to Apple. “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?”

In this movie of a world changing to super powered beings...sugar water was used to administer "gene therapy"to change the world back. So super powered beings wouldn't accidentally destroy it. No big fight just a slow process of manipulation defeated all of them.

I wonder what John Sculley today thinks about the revolution he helped market. In particular how the medium it helped create has effected the current world political situation? Maybe pushing sugar water isn't such a bad legacy after all.
Sep 3, 2007
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Transformers... That's the worst summer movie
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1825 posts
221 upvotes
In another world
J.C wrote:
I didn't like it as much as many folks. What I liked about the movie was the gloomy beginning. It reminded me of the The Last of Us video game, with Logan as Joel. I didn't like much of the second half of the movie.
lead wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:37 pm
Not gonna downvote for differences of opinion. Instead i'll disagree with your feelings because I think its one of those movies you have to know its roots or maybe had read it when you were a kid to enjoy it.

The original was a comic written by Frank Miller. He's stuff has been adapted to the films alot, like "30 days of Night", "Sin City", "300". This was at best influenced by his novel "Old man Logan" but only by title. The rest is a completely new story line and might be the best writing of a comic character adaption to cinema yet. Because the "story" maybe better than the original graphic novel which was a very crazy dystopian society and far too difficult to meet mass appeal in film.
After reading the story in Wikipedia, I would have loved to watch a movie adaptation. Something different, more mature, more like the Watchmen movie.
Oct 27, 2016
184 posts
33 upvotes
Superbad (2007)

It was really "super bad", except one or two scenes. Didn't like the movie but two cops were truely insane.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1164 posts
191 upvotes
The Dark Tower, I really hoped it would at least be OK...I was wrong.
Alex
Sep 12, 2012
686 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
J.C wrote:
Huge X-men fan and I agree. Overrated movie
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1588 posts
238 upvotes
Winnipeg
People were raving about "Get out".
I completely missed the point of the movie I think. Just hated the story. And the lead actress is really really bad at acting. She had this expression on her face as if she would start smiling any minute throughout the movie and couldn't take anything seriously.

Another few bad ones on Netflix : Dog eat dog , check mate, beyond Valkyrie
May 23, 2017
252 posts
67 upvotes
J.C wrote:
This is what I thought too.
May 23, 2017
252 posts
67 upvotes
johnjacobs12 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 3:45 pm
Superbad (2007)

It was really "super bad", except one or two scenes. Didn't like the movie but two cops were truely insane.
I bet you are under 25, you didn't see it in the theatre, you missed the time when this movie was amazing because for our generation we had nothing like that before
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2100 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
bigjee wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:22 am
People were raving about "Get out".
I completely missed the point of the movie I think. Just hated the story. And the lead actress is really really bad at acting. She had this expression on her face as if she would start smiling any minute throughout the movie and couldn't take anything seriously.

Another few bad ones on Netflix : Dog eat dog , check mate, beyond Valkyrie
My thought exactly regarding Get Out. Absolute garbage.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3950 posts
529 upvotes
Aurora
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Acting. Crap.
Story. Crap (except for first 5 minutes).
Dialog/Script. Crap.
Effects. Good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6097 posts
664 upvotes
T dot 6
doubloonie wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:05 am
Jigsaw. Please, for the love of god, don’t make anymore.
Not going to stop.

Production Budget: $10 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $30,934,093 49.3%
+ Foreign: $31,869,841 50.7%
= Worldwide: $62,803,934
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck