Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1845 posts
224 upvotes
In another world
doubloonie wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:05 am
Jigsaw. Please, for the love of god, don’t make anymore.
As long as there are people willing to pay to watch it, there will be more.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5600 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Bad Match

Was in the mood for something mindless and despite RT's rating, this turned out to be a turd.
Laughable acting, predictable and no pulse - it's a budget stupid version of Fatal Attraction for the Tinder generation.
Oct 27, 2016
184 posts
33 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:13 am
I bet you are under 25, you didn't see it in the theatre, you missed the time when this movie was amazing because for our generation we had nothing like that before
Well, actually I am more than 25 and I think that is exactly why I didn't like it. The movie plot is "ok", but the execution was certainly poor. If I were younger I might like the movie. But alas, I'm old now. I can't like this kind of movies.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5600 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
I enjoy reading this thread and then remembering how old-school critics Siskel and Ebert used to argue about 'bad' movies that actually ended up being classics.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7156 posts
978 upvotes
Winnipeg
mattalias wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 7:13 am
2 Guns.... :D Seriously Ruined my time. :(
is that with marky mark?
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1845 posts
224 upvotes
In another world
lead wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 4:30 pm
is that with marky mark?
That's the one.
I thought it was entertaining.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5600 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Better Watch Out

Trying to do a sort of 'Funny Games' take on Christmas this was a waste from how it started off attempting to be comedic to a couple of twists along the way when it got 'dark'.
Seems like mostly an Australian production with all the characters pretending they knew what American accents are like and what snow is.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5383 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Just got around to watching Fate of the Furious after borrowing it from the library. Wow.... that was bad.

So many sins of Cinema Sins. LOL....

Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Aug 31, 2017
222 posts
53 upvotes
The Disaster Artist.

I was actually looking forward to it, but I left and got a refund 30 minutes it. I felt the laughter in the audience was forced, and the movie was not funny at all. To be honest, I doing it quite sad, because the person that James Franco is playing probably suffers from mental illness and here we are ridiculing him onscreen.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5600 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 9:05 pm
The Disaster Artist.

I was actually looking forward to it, but I left and got a refund 30 minutes it. I felt the laughter in the audience was forced, and the movie was not funny at all. To be honest, I doing it quite sad, because the person that James Franco is playing probably suffers from mental illness and here we are ridiculing him onscreen.
I'm excited for this movie as 'The Room' is one of the most fun movies I've seen and it truly is a horrifyingly wonderful trainwreck of entertainment.
I haven't seen The Disaster Artist, so I can't comment on what you wrote yet, but I do think this movie would be best appreciated by fans of the cult favorite, compared to just people going into it.

This might shed a little bit of background on the love for Wiseau's original

Aug 31, 2017
222 posts
53 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:02 pm
I'm excited for this movie as 'The Room' is one of the most fun movies I've seen and it truly is a horrifyingly wonderful trainwreck of entertainment.
I haven't seen The Disaster Artist, so I can't comment on what you wrote yet, but I do think this movie would be best appreciated by fans of the cult favorite, compared to just people going into it.

This might shed a little bit of background on the love for Wiseau's original

Yeah it definitely seems like a cult following. I've seen some of the Room and I think it intentionally tries to fall flat, but that's just my opinion. I've seen worst movies which believed they were better than it truly was (Tree of Life).

But check it out and let me know what you think :-)