Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 9:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
563 upvotes
Aurora
Logan Lucky. Sorry Soderbergh fans. I realise I'm going against critics and audiences but I just didn't like it and found the characters and story entirely un-engaging.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5603 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
DiceMan wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:41 pm
Logan Lucky. Sorry Soderbergh fans. I realise I'm going against critics and audiences but I just didn't like it and found the characters and story entirely un-engaging.
Same. Just thought it was OK. Nothing at all special except for some actors having fun with their roles
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1441 posts
428 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Dunkirk... I'm really torn about this. I can't say it was a bad movie, but I can't say it was a good movie. I guess for my opinion, it's more bad. I love war movies, don't get me wrong. Dunkirk feels disjointed.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5603 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
DDHLeigh wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:39 pm
Dunkirk... I'm really torn about this. I can't say it was a bad movie, but I can't say it was a good movie. I guess for my opinion, it's more bad. I love war movies, don't get me wrong. Dunkirk feels disjointed.
Dunkirk, Gravity and Avatar are one of those very rare movies that MUST be seen on the biggest screen possible - more for their grandeur than sheer storytelling.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10212 posts
748 upvotes
Mississauga
DDHLeigh wrote:
I managed to see Dunkirk in IMAX when it came out. If I were to pick one side, I would say it was a very competent film, but I have no desire to buy it or watch it again.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3541 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
DDHLeigh wrote:
Totally agree with you. After watching this movie a couple days ago, kept wonder what was all the fuss. There was barely any action for something that was suppose to be a war movie.

Also wanted to add that the story wasn't told straight through. There was flash fowards and backwards which at times made it confusing.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1846 posts
225 upvotes
In another world
Darn!
I haven't watched Dunkirk, but with all the bad reviews with almost no action scenes, it's a bummer for a war film.
I couldn't even keep my eyes open by wathing the beginning of Hacksaw Ridge.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1687 posts
500 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:29 am
I managed to see Dunkirk in IMAX when it came out. If I were to pick one side, I would say it was a very competent film, but I have no desire to buy it or watch it again.
Not sure what the fuss is about for Dunkirk. The least amount of action for any major war movie I've seen in years. It's a bunch of scenes loosely tied together, and not much of a storyline. This movie would have died if Nolan's name wasn't on there.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1846 posts
225 upvotes
In another world
6060842 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:37 pm
Lord of the Rings , the extended yawn version
Would disagree with you.
The extended editions give a better understanding of the story arc, and the scenes get more fluid.
Jun 12, 2017
103 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Power Rangers,

I was surprised how lackluster it was for me and my kids. We are not that picky for our family weekend movie nights but this one was just a chore to sit through.
May 22, 2016
870 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario
The night before. Not funny. It was terrible. Some of the actors must have owed favors to end up in this garbage.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5603 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
webshark wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 12:30 am
The night before. Not funny. It was terrible. Some of the actors must have owed favors to end up in this garbage.
Pretty whatever holiday stoner comedy, BUT Michael Shannon was phenomenal!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

rocking23nf