Entertainment

What was the last BAD movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2018 7:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5882 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
My Friend Dahmer

Not really a bad movie, but more like 'why was this movie made?'
This is a character study on Jeffrey Dahmer's high school years which hints at how he behaved, and why he might have turned into the serial killer in his adulthood.
Acting was solid across the board, and they were pretty spot on for getting the look of the 80s - but I saw it as 2 hours of teens being mean, and a troubled man feeling alienated - not much more than that, which left a not-recommended stale story.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2040 posts
258 upvotes
In another world
The Snowman
Found it a bit slow, and the ending was unsatisfying. Gosh I couldn't recognize Val Kilmer in the movie. Was he wearing a mask? It was nice to see him back, but unfortunately he didn't spend much time in scene.

Leatherface
It was unfortunate how simplistic the rising of one of the horror movie icons turned out.
I experienced no suspense, no joy in watching this film.
I feel like watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre from the 70's again just to get rid of that bad-taste-in-mouth I saw.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2040 posts
258 upvotes
In another world
OtherLife.
Watched it last night with my wife, after reading some good reviews.
Even when the premise was good, the plot fell short and got us confused and frustrated at the end. We were like, what the heck now?
Feb 7, 2018
106 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto ON
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:34 pm
IT - would have been good / scary if I was a 10 year old kid.
That's the problem - the original set the bar high. But when you get people like Tim Curry the bar is always high. There is something about the way old movies were done which cannot be duplicated nowadays, starting with how better the scripts were, how less violence/gore there were, everybody focused on a good story, even with limited technology they had back then, actors were selected more carefully and result is that now it is so hard to find a good movie. Speaking of horrors, Hellraiser and Elm St are examples - the new movies are crap. Well, to be honest, haven't seen the really last Hellraiser, the trailer looks a bit more promising, so will not have this one in mind.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1161 posts
373 upvotes
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

1/10, we walked out after 20 minutes

spoke to the manager on duty at Cineplex who gave us free passes + free regular popcorn for the next time we come
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5882 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
porticoman wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 5:12 pm
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

1/10, we walked out after 20 minutes

spoke to the manager on duty at Cineplex who gave us free passes + free regular popcorn for the next time we come
NO! NO! NO!
First the water movie and then now this?!

You need to be part of the Oscar's judging panel so you can stop having these 'bad' movies being nominated and going down in history Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 21, 2013
207 posts
23 upvotes
the cloverfield paradox was a let down, not bad effects & acting pretty decent but didnt keep me interested.

The killing of a sacred deer.....WTF? utter shitte!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5882 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
ammaretto wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 10:52 pm

The killing of a sacred deer.....WTF? utter shitte!
What was bad about it?
Jan 21, 2013
207 posts
23 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 6:57 am
What was bad about it?
i understood the jist of it...the surgeon lets this kids father die , so the kids
thinks it only fair to kill one of the surgeons kids. the acting was Horrid...very deadpan , i think thats what turned me off.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5882 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
tinlun wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:36 am
The Room. Need I say more?
Even though this film is SO SO awesome, it is horrendously 'bad it's good' so yes, it could easily be here as it could be in the good film thread.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5882 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
ammaretto wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 4:07 pm
i understood the jist of it...the surgeon lets this kids father die , so the kids
thinks it only fair to kill one of the surgeons kids. the acting was Horrid...very deadpan , i think thats what turned me off.
Gotcha. In that case stay clear of all of the director's other movies.
With the exception of Dogtooth, I really liked The Lobster, as well as Killing of the Sacred Deer - but I can see how the acting could turn you off.
If you are looking for deeper meaning into the film, this might make you appreciate the film a little more
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3187 posts
322 upvotes
Blade Runner 2049, might as well have called it Bore Runner 2049. This is my 2nd attempt at finishing the movie and I am struggling. It is beautifully shot though. What a snoozefest.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated Feb 2018
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6081 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Spot on with Blade Runner.

Murder on the Orient Express started off really well and just went brutally sad.
Why they employed so many Hollywood big names i can never understand.
Last edited by trini on Feb 11th, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4346 posts
668 upvotes
Aurora
boonjaca wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 2:25 pm
Blade Runner 2049, might as well have called it Bore Runner 2049. This is my 2nd attempt at finishing the movie and I am struggling. It is beautifully shot though. What a snoozefest.
trini wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 9:01 pm
Spot on on Blade Runner.
Whoa! I completely loved Blade Runner 2049 - just simply ... intoxicating. Sure you guys aren't mixing up this movie with The Last Jedi?Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)