Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:10 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2008
1441 posts
26 upvotes
Another Earth - watched it on Friday and enjoyed it
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3500 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
Sherlock homes - a game of shawdows
Enjoyed it much more than MI 4
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
flashy_mcflash wrote: Thanks! Harvey Krumpet looks great too, almost similar in tone to M&M.

I can't get over how great the voice work was. Philip Seymour Hoffman was almost unrecognizable as Max and Toni Collette was excellent as the older Mary. I felt completely drained by the end because that second half is such a rollercoaster of emotions.

I also really enjoyed it from an aesthetic POV - use of monochrome to depict Max's New York and colour to depict Mary's Melbourne, and sepia tones throught was a great choice, and the incredible detail in each scene was marvelous.

I'd be interested to find out if (the real life) Mary's book was ever published as well.

Yup; great observations on the colours and tones.
The YouTube link I posted is the complete film, and yes, definitely similar in tones to Mary and Max. It came out before, and it's shorter, but no less powerful and beautiful.

When I watched M&M again, my emotions were already all oogly as soon as the credits were rolling and the musical score (which is superb) started playing.

A++++ film in every aspect of it
Apr 17, 2012
5 posts
NORTH YORK
i saw the series almost every year and got different meaning form it!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
In the Land of Blood and Honey - directed and produced by Angelina Jolie was very good.
Banned
Feb 8, 2012
31 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
3d titanic
ghost rider
pretty hot recently :D
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2008
1441 posts
26 upvotes
162 wrote: In the Land of Blood and Honey - directed and produced by Angelina Jolie was very good.

I have been meaning to watch this. Nice to hear a positive review of it from someone
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
May wrote: One Day (2011)

IMDB Rating: 6.7

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1563738/

Lovely, just lovely.... Anne Hathaway does it again!

:) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D

OK, one night I made a concession to my wife and we saw One Day... and to my surprise, I admit I really liked it.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11979 posts
3170 upvotes
Edmonton
Titanic 3D.

Haven't watched this since the days of the old 2 tape VHS set back in 1998. Still a well laid out gutwrenching cinematic masterpiece.

Only one CGI shot that had a hint of looking fake. Other than that, it held up really well. 3D was lifelike.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2095 posts
992 upvotes
YYC
belowzeros wrote: I enjoyed Haywire despite what seemed to be some reshoots that were just odd. like the ending where she seems to be 15-20 pounds heavier than the entire movie. and soderbergh did some weird things to her voice in post i think. but I enjoyed it, you'll dig it if you like spy or action movies.

Her redone voice ruined it for me right from the beginning. I don't understand why they did that.

I just watched Chronicle today, it was very good. Watched Contraband the other day and it was alright as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)