Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:10 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6251 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Wrath Of The Titans
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
84 upvotes
"The Greatest Movie Ever Sold"

A bit of a thin look at product placement and how it can affect the direction of a film. While I like the concept and the information presented, I think Spurlock's execution wasn't the greatest or the most developed. I'm not a fan of documentaries that seem to have a snide disdain for the subject they are presenting, especially when the director/writer is part of the film (see: Religulous) and while this wasn't terrible in that regard, it could've been a little more balanced.

It's pretty entertaining but it didn't hold my attention after the first half. 6/10
vero95 wrote: LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote: $5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8739 upvotes
Toronto
sonic wrote: yeah...same here. of course i was alone...in bed...in the dark.....LOL
lol....I was watching with my gf but she feel asleep....

So I was watching alone like at 2am in the morning....really dark outside and I was watching with the laptop close to me....some of the sudden camera pans freaked me right out!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
The Dark Knight Rises. A very worthy conclusion to an excellent series.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
This thread is gonna be littered with Dark Knight Rises.
Sep 13, 2009
572 posts
25 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote: This thread is gonna be littered with Dark Knight Rises.
x2

and The Dark Knight Rises
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13960 posts
93 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
dark knight rises. loved it more than the previous one..
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3566 posts
1644 upvotes
Brampton
another one for dark knight rises
...why hello robin
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3803 posts
635 upvotes
Leuven
flashy_mcflash wrote: Really enjoyed Take This Waltz, Sarah Polley's newish film about longing and the idea of old vs. new. Amazing, truly standout performance by Michelle Williams with good supporting roles by Sarah Silverman, Seth Rogen, and Luke Kirby. Really nice to see Toronto presented as Toronto as well.
Hmmmm, I generally disliked this one. Was a fan of Williams and Rogen, but found the story... off somehow, and too long. Looking at reviews it seems to be a pretty polarizing film with people loving or hating it.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10493 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
The Dark Knight Rises and You Are the Apple of My Eye.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
84 upvotes
BongoBong wrote: Hmmmm, I generally disliked this one. Was a fan of Williams and Rogen, but found the story... off somehow, and too long. Looking at reviews it seems to be a pretty polarizing film with people loving or hating it.
It's definitely a quirky film, but I enjoyed it almost as a spiritual successor to Blue Valentine. I think I liked it because it didn't devolve into the same cliches you always see in films like these.
vero95 wrote: LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote: $5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
God Bless America... I haven't seen a movie that made me laugh so hard in a long time. Some parts had me roaring (and my wife cringing), definitely a movie for the cynical or those who find society has turned trashy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)