Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:10 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Top Five

A lot of famous people from other movies/shows are in this film.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Jan 21, 2013
292 posts
39 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: It Follows. The sense of dread with this one was very high. I dug the 90s look to the movie as well.
although slow paced....it had its moments.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Song of the Sea, was good for an animated film in my opinion.

99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
It Follows (2014)

[IMG]http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/up ... er-art.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/defaul ... k=DukxN3PH[/IMG]

Movie Trailer:

Movie Plot:

"For nineteen-year-old Jay, Autumn should be about school, boys and week-ends out at the lake. But after a seemingly innocent sexual encounter, she finds herself plagued by strange visions and the inescapable sense that someone, something, is following her. Faced with this burden, Jay and her friends must find a way to escape the horrors that seem to be only a few steps behind."

Movie Review:

Finally got to see it last weekend.

I was impressed by this throwback to the 80's horror movies and loved synthesizer-based electronic music.

It had a few flaws in it...but it's ending is the kind of like what Chris Nolan tries to do in his movies...have the audience talking and coming to their own conclusion about what happened in the end.

If you guys liked the other indie-horror movie, "The Babadook",...then you will probably like this movie also, although they are quite different in the way they are executed.

This movie is also, like "The Babadook", a slow-burn psychological supernatural horror movie...but this one will make you think twice about having sex with a stranger in fear of getting an STD (or STI as they call them nowadays...Haha).

I do not want to get too much into details about what unfolds in the story so that I don't ruin the element of suspense for those who want to watch this movie.

This was not scary to me at all...but more along the line of very creepy...in a good way. But the younger generation will probably find it somewhat scary at a few moments in the movie.

The kids are almost like a Scooby-Doo Gang with lots of stupid ideas and blunders along the way.

The monster concept is creative...which is one of the main attractions of the movie...but the entire movie could have been executed better and with better scenes/interactions and ending.

But this is for sure going to bring on a Sequel movie soon enough.

I give it a slow-paced-walking 8 out of 10 rating just for the originality and the 80's throwback of it all, although again the execution and pacing could have been much better in a more seasoned-Director's hands.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Life Partners

Lots of decent looking women/actresses in this film...that blonde chick from community (Britta), sadly no Annie as the brunette, but the brunette in this film was pretty hot. Also 2 chicks from SNL was in this film. Oh and the guy from the o.c. is also in this film(not the guy who is on Gotham)
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

First of the 2 part sequel with Kenshin headed for Kyoto to defeat the villainous Shishio Makoto (played by Battle Royale and Death Note star Tatsuya Fujiwara) on the request of the new government. Epic cliffhanger ending, the fight between Aoshi and old guy was awesome, overall better fight choreography. Donnie Yen taught Kenji Tanigaki well.

Watched it on bluray with English subtitles.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
'Unfriended' and YES YOU PEOPLE DO TYPE/TALK/ACT LIKE THAT!!!!!

The only thing about the movie SPOILER is I thought Adam was gay, so I was surprised when he slept with Mitch girlfriend.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
LostInTruth wrote: 'Unfriended' and YES YOU PEOPLE DO TYPE/TALK/ACT LIKE THAT!!!!!

The only thing about the movie SPOILER is I thought Adam was gay, so I was surprised when he slept with Mitch girlfriend.
I watched it over the weekend and it was TERRIBLE.

I guess it's for young teenage net addicts who are addicted to facebook, twitter and other social media. Thank God I'm not even on those things.

It was so annoying...and not scary.

The entire movie is just looking at computer screen while the main female actor is switching between programs and doing google searches and video chatting with friends over Skype. One of the worst "reality/cam" horror movies I have ever seen.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: I watched it over the weekend and it was TERRIBLE.

I guess it's for young teenage net addicts who are addicted to facebook, twitter and other social media. Thank God I'm not even on those things.

It was so annoying...and not scary.

The entire movie is just looking at computer screen while the main female actor is switching between programs and doing google searches and video chatting with friends over Skype. One of the worst "reality/cam" horror movies I have ever seen.
Meh, to each their own. It kept me entertained throughout.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Rurouni Kenshin - The Legend Ends

Had a Rurouni Kenshin trilogy marathon this weekend. Good sequels through and through. I don't remember much of the comics so I can't really comment on Tatsuya Fujiwara's portrayal of Shishio Makoto but he's doing his usual over-acting.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3758 posts
186 upvotes
Wild Tales.
A rare format, that was executed very well. 6 short stories compiled into a 2 hour movie. All interesting and attention capturing in their own right.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Skip2MyLou wrote: Wild Tales.
A rare format, that was executed very well. 6 short stories compiled into a 2 hour movie. All interesting and attention capturing in their own right.
Where did you see this Argentinian Anthology movie? At a Cinema or did you download/stream it online?

I want to watch it too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)