Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:10 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
I maybe in the minority, but I enjoyed "Godzilla" more than "Kong: Skull Island". I'm expecting a very mediocre score from both Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes when the embargo is lifted for the professional reviews.
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
Logan
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Certain Women, picturesque and kinda artsy but if you're in the mood for that type of film it's not bad as it's about 'real life'. (Again, ppl requiring explosions every 5 seconds need not apply :D )
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26211 posts
39761 upvotes
Toronto
Psychopathetic wrote: Logan - brought to you by FCA
the car company? Lots of excessive product placement?

Lego Batman was like that for me. So much Apple stuff...
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
338 upvotes
Before I Fall

Even though its essentially a Twilight Zone episode with a Groundhog Day story, it is surprisingly well done. Zoey Deutch is great in this, her skilful acting and natural charm show the evolution of her character as she lives the same day over and over. Though it threatens to get hoakey at times, for the most part it is remains authentically portrayed. By the end it becomes downright inspirational. Much better than I expected! 5/5.

(This Village Voice review might give you an idea whether you would like Before I Fall.)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2391 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I don't know when this movie came out, I must have missed all the previews on it, but I watched it today and loved it; Miss Sloane
Last edited by Rob76 on Mar 9th, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Get Out was pretty good. Stay blind, don't watch the stupid trailer that exposes everything.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
We have a kid at home so my moviegoing has been dramatically reduced... but I'm so glad I got to see Logan last night. I'm a huge X-Men comic fan but much of the movie universe has been disappointing to me. Logan makes it all right, plus even provides a bit of a nod towards the incongruity between comics and movies
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
moonlight was brilliant
manchester by the sea was brilliant although depressing af
lion was great also...very touching
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Sep 14, 2014
129 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto, ON
After watching "Prisoners" and "Arrival", Director Denis Villeneuve has proven he can make some thought provoking films.

The short film "Next Floor" by the Canadian filmmaker is another one on his impressive resume.
Not for the squeamish, the imagery is very strong on the voraciousness of the elites.

Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Just saw Get Out today and it was excellent. One of the greatest and subversive horror movies in years.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
Logan.

Not your typical superhero endeavor. Extremely well acted by Jackman as the tortured soul and a fitting end to the franchise.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
Saw the 1992 movie "A Few Good Men" when Cineplex had a couple of screenings earlier this month. Only saw it at the theatre once when it first came out and never got around to see it again on TV or home video. Anyway, I forgot just how good the movie was including the superb acting chops of the all-star cast. Everyone starring in the movie looked so young 25 years ago and that's a good thing because great actors get to live forever because of cinema.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104257/

If you've never seen it before, Cineplex is screening it one more time tomorrow night. Catch it if you don't mind the snow outside. LOL

http://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/a-few ... =3/15/2017
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
invite wrote: Before I Fall

Even though its essentially a Twilight Zone episode with a Groundhog Day story, it is surprisingly well done. Zoey Deutch is great in this, her skilful acting and natural charm show the evolution of her character as she lives the same day over and over. Though it threatens to get hoakey at times, for the most part it is remains authentically portrayed. By the end it becomes downright inspirational. Much better than I expected! 5/5.

(This Village Voice review might give you an idea whether you would like Before I Fall.)
Saw this last week and did enjoy it, but it's definitely nowhere near your score of 5/5.

Can't believe how much Zoey Deutch resembles her Mom actress Lea Thompson at that age. She even has the same beautiful long legs that her mother flaunted in the 80's flicks "Some Kind of Wonderful" and "Howard the Duck". LOL