Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:10 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4548 posts
2623 upvotes
John wick 2, if you like the first one, it follows the same formula.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
carmaster wrote: The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Yup, it's not bad. Hard to find decent horror (i.e. REAL horror=supernatural stuff, not slasher-gore crap pretending to be 'horror' nonsense) nowadays.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6327 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
King Arthur was actually very enjoyable and it gave another pov of the fable. If you ever studied a film course you'd appreciate it especially the camera work.

Alien Covenant was good even though i hate those creatures.

Lost City of Z was exceptional if you are a historian like me, i's a historical documentary/drama.
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
Spider-Man Homecoming
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Vampire Cleanup Department.
Haven't seen a decent Chinese vampire flick in years. And they add in a very cute Lin Ming-Chen in the mix.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
I don't get people who hated the Alien the Covenant. I was a great movie and a good continuation of Prometheous! On IMDB it seems at least half of the reviewers gave it 1-star. They either didn't watch it, or just don't have any brains to think. These last 2 Alien movies are not horror. They are sci-fi thrillers and as such They were both simply amazing, providing so much background info on how it all began

Alien - 8/10
Mummy - 6.7/10 - not bad, just an action movie and better than the previous one which made me walk away as it was boring!
Transformers 6.9/10 - Meh, some good action with pop corn. Not the best of them, but worth the $7 I paid to sit in a reclined leather sofa for 2.5 hours @ Imagine Cinemas lol
Wonder Woman - 7.6/10 - Nice,but I am not into female superheroes...
King Arthur - 10/10 Wow, so much action, great story.
Power Rangers - lol... 6.5/10 - I am not understanding the hate for this movie. Did those people watch the tv show??!! The TV show was cheesy. There was soooo much cheese that a cheese factory would be proud lol. The movie was better than the TV show. I grew up watching the dumb Power Rangers tv show and did not have a lot of expectations. It was better than the show!
Security - 6.7/10 Good little action movie with Mr. Banderas. Wouldn't watch it twice,but a nice 1-time movie.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
dazz wrote: I don't get people who hated the Alien the Covenant. I was a great movie and a good continuation of Prometheous! On IMDB it seems at least half of the reviewers gave it 1-star. They either didn't watch it, or just don't have any brains to think. These last 2 Alien movies are not horror. They are sci-fi thrillers and as such They were both simply amazing, providing so much background info on how it all began

Alien - 8/10
Mummy - 6.7/10 - not bad, just an action movie and better than the previous one which made me walk away as it was boring!
Transformers 6.9/10 - Meh, some good action with pop corn. Not the best of them, but worth the $7 I paid to sit in a reclined leather sofa for 2.5 hours @ Imagine Cinemas lol
Wonder Woman - 7.6/10 - Nice,but I am not into female superheroes...
King Arthur - 10/10 Wow, so much action, great story.
Power Rangers - lol... 6.5/10 - I am not understanding the hate for this movie. Did those people watch the tv show??!! The TV show was cheesy. There was soooo much cheese that a cheese factory would be proud lol. The movie was better than the TV show. I grew up watching the dumb Power Rangers tv show and did not have a lot of expectations. It was better than the show!
Security - 6.7/10 Good little action movie with Mr. Banderas. Wouldn't watch it twice,but a nice 1-time movie.
Based on your ratings for those films, it looks like I'm really going to hate Alien Covenant. Anyone who thinks transformers was that good likely doesn't have the same criteria in films as I do.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
badOne wrote: Based on your ratings for those films, it looks like I'm really going to hate Alien Covenant. Anyone who thinks transformers was that good likely doesn't have the same criteria in films as I do.
Well, The difference between me and possibly you are expectations. When I go to see a comedy - I expect to laugh. When I go see an action movie, I expect to see fights or shootings. When I want to see a thriller, I expect to be on the edge. Unfortunately, a lot of people when they want to see an action movie, they expect a script to win an Oscar, they expect the best actors money can buy and billions spend on budget, a great comedy script and all that. I don't call that all reasonable expectations.

Transformers was a sold movie for action. I got exactly what I wanted from it - firefight + some story to go along with it. The 3.1 points loss would go directly to story.

But yes, if you didn't like Prometheus, you will not like the Alien as it is just a continuation of it and many expected nonstop horror killings and it's not what it was designed to do. The movie is amazing,but requires some thinking and a lot of people for some reason don't want to do that...
ps. I didn't like the original Alien movies. I found them pointless, predictable and just stupid.
Last edited by dazz on Jul 8th, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
The Fate Of The Furious

Watched it tonight, and it was actually pretty good surprisingly. I am not a huge fan of the series, but this one had a different tone to it obviously with Dom going rogue and that.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Spider Man Homecoming

Twice actually since Thursday night. I might see it again tonight.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
Watched Alien Convenant and enjoyed it more than Prometheus....

Still some glaring plot holes but found it better than the previous movie.....

But alas, it felt kinda like the same stuff over and over again - nothing beats the refreshing original movie of Alien and Aliens. Might be a little unfair but guess the bar was raised too high perhaps....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Tour De Pharmacy lol. This was a nice comedy, especially if you watch it with friends who are into bicycles.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Enjoyed Lau Ching-Wan in "Dealer/Healer”, a retelling of real life gangster/drug dealer/druggie turned reformed pastor helping drug addicts kick the habit. There was another movie based on the life of Chan Shun-Chi which I also recommend. Both are great films. The 90s version had the better soundtrack.
Dec 14, 2006
417 posts
386 upvotes
I've seen wonder woman transformers and spiderman In the past month. Spiderman was by far the best. (Excited for Dunkirk)
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2338 posts
345 upvotes
In another world
newt_101 wrote: Belko Experiment

Battle Royale meets Office Space in b-movie format.
Bloody, cheesy and entertaining. Nothing that will go down in any top 10 list, but mindless fun.
I found it OK.
The same formula was used in other movies, though.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
whiplash. if i had just read the description i would have skipped it. the 94% score on RT convinced me to check it out. definitely lived up to it's billing. must see if you haven't caught it yet.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.