Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2018 6:47 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 10, 2008
3961 posts
1778 upvotes
lanslord wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 10:20 pm
idiotcanuck wrote:
Aug 28th, 2016 8:15 pm
The Shawshank Redemption,
How it never won a best picture oscar is a mystery to me.
Well the best pic for that year was Forrest Gump... so it is kind of justified.
Don't get me wrong. I really liked Forrest Gump as well, but the best pic for me that year was Pulp Fiction, followed by Shawshank. Strictly IMHO! :)

Wow...that WAS a good year!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8772 posts
2388 upvotes
Toronto
lanslord wrote:
idiotcanuck wrote:
Aug 28th, 2016 8:15 pm
The Shawshank Redemption,
How it never won a best picture oscar is a mystery to me.
Well the best pic for that year was Forrest Gump... so it is kind of justified.
bizee-bee wrote:
lanslord wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 10:20 pm
idiotcanuck wrote:
Aug 28th, 2016 8:15 pm
The Shawshank Redemption,
How it never won a best picture oscar is a mystery to me.
Well the best pic for that year was Forrest Gump... so it is kind of justified.
Don't get me wrong. I really liked Forrest Gump as well, but the best pic for me that year was Pulp Fiction, followed by Shawshank. Strictly IMHO! :)
Wow...that WAS a good year!
I didn't remember that strong Oscar competition that year, so it is a little more understandable in that context, but I would still rank it Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Forest Gump personally. Close race though.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
16925 posts
1350 upvotes
Woodbridge
Those were the nominees? Incredible.


Anyways, watched CIVIL WAR. I bought it on iTunes, the Extras was great though I miss listening to Director's Commentary.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2006
2975 posts
346 upvotes
Just watched "Kubo and the two strings" last night and the kids and I thought it was fantastic.

Really good cinematography and the story was engaging. It's pretty neat with the whole clay animation and I would recommend others check it out!
Penalty Box
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
31681 posts
8082 upvotes
GTHA
bembol wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:53 am
Anyways, watched CIVIL WAR. I bought it on iTunes, the Extras was great though I miss listening to Director's Commentary.
There is director's commentary.

"My favorite types of bonus content — the gag reel and the commentary track — are both on this iTunes download. The commentary this time features directors Anthony and Joe Russo along with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely."
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/captain-amer ... us-content
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2246 posts
405 upvotes
Winnipeg
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:37 am
lanslord wrote:
idiotcanuck wrote:
Aug 28th, 2016 8:15 pm
The Shawshank Redemption,
How it never won a best picture oscar is a mystery to me.
Well the best pic for that year was Forrest Gump... so it is kind of justified.
bizee-bee wrote:
lanslord wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 10:20 pm

Well the best pic for that year was Forrest Gump... so it is kind of justified.
Don't get me wrong. I really liked Forrest Gump as well, but the best pic for me that year was Pulp Fiction, followed by Shawshank. Strictly IMHO! :)
Wow...that WAS a good year!
I didn't remember that strong Oscar competition that year, so it is a little more understandable in that context, but I would still rank it Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Forest Gump personally. Close race though.
All three good movies.. you will be surprised when I watched those
Forest Gump - 2003
Shawshank - 2005
Pulp fiction - 2015

Is any tarantino movie coming in near future ? I watched the hatefull eight last year and wasn't disappointed.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 24, 2004
6051 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 10:28 am
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:37 am
lanslord wrote: Well the best pic for that year was Forrest Gump... so it is kind of justified.
bizee-bee wrote: Don't get me wrong. I really liked Forrest Gump as well, but the best pic for me that year was Pulp Fiction, followed by Shawshank. Strictly IMHO! :)
Wow...that WAS a good year!
I didn't remember that strong Oscar competition that year, so it is a little more understandable in that context, but I would still rank it Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Forest Gump personally. Close race though.
All three good movies.. you will be surprised when I watched those
Forest Gump - 2003
Shawshank - 2005
Pulp fiction - 2015

Is any tarantino movie coming in near future ? I watched the hatefull eight last year and wasn't disappointed.
Kill Bill 3?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 31, 2008
10035 posts
1421 upvotes
Toronto
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 10:28 am
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:37 am
lanslord wrote: Well the best pic for that year was Forrest Gump... so it is kind of justified.
bizee-bee wrote: Don't get me wrong. I really liked Forrest Gump as well, but the best pic for me that year was Pulp Fiction, followed by Shawshank. Strictly IMHO! :)
Wow...that WAS a good year!
I didn't remember that strong Oscar competition that year, so it is a little more understandable in that context, but I would still rank it Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Forest Gump personally. Close race though.
All three good movies.. you will be surprised when I watched those
Forest Gump - 2003
Shawshank - 2005
Pulp fiction - 2015

Is any tarantino movie coming in near future ? I watched the hatefull eight last year and wasn't disappointed.
Which of his movies have you seen already?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2246 posts
405 upvotes
Winnipeg
at1212b wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 2:17 pm
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 10:28 am
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:37 am




I didn't remember that strong Oscar competition that year, so it is a little more understandable in that context, but I would still rank it Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Forest Gump personally. Close race though.
All three good movies.. you will be surprised when I watched those
Forest Gump - 2003
Shawshank - 2005
Pulp fiction - 2015

Is any tarantino movie coming in near future ? I watched the hatefull eight last year and wasn't disappointed.
Which of his movies have you seen already?
so in 2015 I covered pulp fiction , Inglourious Basterds , Django Unchained... I had seen Kill Bill ( dont remember 1 or 2 ) already ...and I liked his movies so I went to watch hateful 8
Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2013
292 posts
38 upvotes
"Dont breathe".....

i was on the edge of my seat the entire time....very intense & a bit bloody. 7/10
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7495 posts
1912 upvotes
Toronto
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 4:38 pm
at1212b wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 2:17 pm
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 10:28 am


All three good movies.. you will be surprised when I watched those
Forest Gump - 2003
Shawshank - 2005
Pulp fiction - 2015

Is any tarantino movie coming in near future ? I watched the hatefull eight last year and wasn't disappointed.
Which of his movies have you seen already?
so in 2015 I covered pulp fiction , Inglourious Basterds , Django Unchained... I had seen Kill Bill ( dont remember 1 or 2 ) already ...and I liked his movies so I went to watch hateful 8
watch the entire kill bill trilogy and reservoir dogs
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Member
Nov 17, 2015
304 posts
44 upvotes
Resolute, NU
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:07 pm
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 10:28 am
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:37 am




I didn't remember that strong Oscar competition that year, so it is a little more understandable in that context, but I would still rank it Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Forest Gump personally. Close race though.
All three good movies.. you will be surprised when I watched those
Forest Gump - 2003
Shawshank - 2005
Pulp fiction - 2015

Is any tarantino movie coming in near future ? I watched the hatefull eight last year and wasn't disappointed.
Kill Bill 3?
Try Jackie Brown and From Dusk till Dawn.
Banned
User avatar
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
772 upvotes
Kingsglaive -- It's actually a very good backstory...but critics won't understand it because they don't know the full universe...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 31, 2008
10035 posts
1421 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 4:38 pm
at1212b wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 2:17 pm
Which of his movies have you seen already?
so in 2015 I covered pulp fiction , Inglourious Basterds , Django Unchained... I had seen Kill Bill ( dont remember 1 or 2 ) already ...and I liked his movies so I went to watch hateful 8
watch the entire kill bill trilogy and reservoir dogs
I haven't seen Reservoir dogs in years. Think I'll check it out again. Also, if you like Tarantino's Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs, watch Stanley Kubrick's "The Killing". It's a 1950s noir film. It heavily influenced Tarantino and you'll easily identify the traits he 'borrowed'.
DurtyNelly wrote:
Sep 4th, 2016 10:06 pm
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 1:07 pm
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 10:28 am


All three good movies.. you will be surprised when I watched those
Forest Gump - 2003
Shawshank - 2005
Pulp fiction - 2015

Is any tarantino movie coming in near future ? I watched the hatefull eight last year and wasn't disappointed.
Kill Bill 3?
Try Jackie Brown and From Dusk till Dawn.
Jackie Brown is the most 'different' Tarantino movie I found. If you want quick, action pace, you won't like this. But if you follow-through, just listen to the dialogue, and be patient, it is one of his best movies I find.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

elnino