Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:10 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
May wrote: The Animal 2001 - Mail Box Scene
Don't support Rob Schneider. He is an anti vax, pro trump, pro racist (ironic considering he is mixed race) comedic hack that needs to disappear.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Jaytee wrote: Don't support Rob Schneider. He is an anti vax, pro trump, pro racist (ironic considering he is mixed race) comedic hack that needs to disappear.
Why though? He's just an actor (albeit not a good one but still is one) - he can think or do whatever he wants, and if he breaks the law he can be tried and pay the price.
Some of my fav movies are Seven, American Beauty and The Usual Suspects - I won't be boycotting Spacey's past achievements anytime, just because of what he's done in his personal life.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Jaytee wrote: Don't support Rob Schneider. He is an anti vax, pro trump, pro racist (ironic considering he is mixed race) comedic hack that needs to disappear.
Tell Adam Sandler. His best buddy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
newt_101 wrote: Why though? He's just an actor (albeit not a good one but still is one) - he can think or do whatever he wants, and if he breaks the law he can be tried and pay the price.
Some of my fav movies are Seven, American Beauty and The Usual Suspects - I won't be boycotting Spacey's past achievements anytime, just because of what he's done in his personal life.
I have a tough time separating the art from the artist. I use to enjoy Kevin Spacey movies, he plays the villain so well but I can't watch his work now. Swimming with Sharks, Seven, House of Cards. He wasn't acting. He has a massive ego and he abuses his power. It's the same with R. Kelly and Bill Cosby. I honestly love their work but I can't enjoy it because I instantly think of the horrible things they have done.

The problem I have with Rob Schneider is his preaching to anyone that will give him a platform. You aren't doctor, you aren't politic scientist. It drives me mad "celebrities" get asked their opinions on thing they aren't a expert in. I remember him saying publicly he will never work with Mel Gibson due to his anti semitic remarks. Really dude? You aren't even on the same level and you just crying for attention. If he just stuck to acting or "comedy", I wouldn't care.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Jaytee wrote:
Don't support Rob Schneider. He is an anti vax, pro trump, pro racist (ironic considering he is mixed race) comedic hack that needs to disappear.
ji2o0k wrote: Wow, didn’t know Rob Schneider was so looney.

There now it's movie based again and both are Good Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Jaytee wrote: I have a tough time separating the art from the artist. I use to enjoy Kevin Spacey movies, he plays the villain so well but I can't watch his work now. Swimming with Sharks, Seven, House of Cards. He wasn't acting. He has a massive ego and he abuses his power. It's the same with R. Kelly and Bill Cosby. I honestly love their work but I can't enjoy it because I instantly think of the horrible things they have done.

The problem I have with Rob Schneider is his preaching to anyone that will give him a platform. You aren't doctor, you aren't politic scientist. It drives me mad "celebrities" get asked their opinions on thing they aren't a expert in. I remember him saying publicly he will never work with Mel Gibson due to his anti semitic remarks. Really dude? You aren't even on the same level and you just crying for attention. If he just stuck to acting or "comedy", I wouldn't care.
I get what you're saying and I can see how he's tainted whatever he (or other celebrities) has been in, BUT, is it his fault or the media?

Reporters are asking for their opinions on things that are non-film related: what does it matter what actors like Gibson think of Judaism? Just act/direct in your movies.

Imagine if your colleagues at the office were asked to talk about political, religious or sexual viewpoints and then their opinions were shared publically with the rest of the work staff?
We'd be having a lot more HR issues in the workplace, no?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
newt_101 wrote: I get what you're saying and I can see how he's tainted whatever he (or other celebrities) has been in, BUT, is it his fault or the media?
Yeah, that's fair. The media is partly at fault. They love if they can get a celeb to say something controversial as it means views for them.

The public is partly at fault for loving the celebrity culture. I think that fueled by people's love to gossip. But gossiping about to someone about someone that you dont know isnt as fun. But celebrity are people everyone know so its easy to gossip about them and hence celebrity culture is popular. Thats my theory anyway.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17434 posts
12786 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote: ...is it his fault or the media?
Reporters are asking for their opinions on things that are non-film related:...
Jaytee wrote: The media is partly at fault.
Disagree
Media can ask questions, people aren't obligated to answer
What's wrong with "Y'know I don't talk politics or religion but thanks"
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
jenviea wrote: Disagree
Media can ask questions, people aren't obligated to answer
What's wrong with "Y'know I don't talk politics or religion but thanks"
Celebs SHOULD say that but it doesn't look good to their fans if they don't speak their mind, or so they think?
It's not just politics/religion that get people upset these days - it's food choices, retweeting the 'wrong' post, posing with the 'wrong' animal, putting the 'wrong' clothes on your child, etc...
The problem is that no answer can please everyone, no matter how well thought out, planned or respectful (or unrespectful) there will always be someone that will find fault with what is said.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Guys, this is getting OT, and I understand sometimes the media can totally skew and misrep what ppl say, but if we're not talking about some muddy grey area and the celeb says something like "I LOVE NAZIS!!!!", then they should get some flack: it's being accountable for using one's brain and deciding what comes out of one's mouth.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1278 posts
592 upvotes
Regina, SK
I enjoyed that Palm Springs movie with Andy Samberg and Christin Milioti. Romantic comedy with a sci-fi groundhog day element.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Possessor, directed by the son of David Cronenberg, so not for the faint-hearted.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
7156 posts
7137 upvotes
Dances With Wolves - great film and one the few for the genre that doesn't depict non-white people as uncivilized, violent animals or enemies.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2005
16205 posts
289 upvotes
Kingston, ON
An odd one that hardly ran in theaters.

Interview with God. Very thought provoking and actually very subtly funny.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green