Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 6:35 pm
Tags:
Feb 19, 2017
30 posts
5 upvotes
mzkaye729 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 4:21 pm
One of my favorite movies of all time Smiling Face With Open Mouth I actually have a little Wall-E figurine on my computer desk here at work haha.

"Moonlight" was a good film also! Mahershala Ali was really good in that film.
WOW really? Oh i'm jealous! Where did you bought it?
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13178 posts
8608 upvotes
Toronto
Kong: Skull Island. Very enjoyable . Loved the free preview last night at Scotiabank. Spring for true Imax 3D . It is a glorious looking film. Brightly lit, funny at points, and action right away. No waiting around like 2014's Godzilla.

Also stay for important post-credit sequence!
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1130 posts
254 upvotes
I maybe in the minority, but I enjoyed "Godzilla" more than "Kong: Skull Island". I'm expecting a very mediocre score from both Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes when the embargo is lifted for the professional reviews.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7163 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto
Certain Women, picturesque and kinda artsy but if you're in the mood for that type of film it's not bad as it's about 'real life'. (Again, ppl requiring explosions every 5 seconds need not apply :D )
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13178 posts
8608 upvotes
Toronto
Psychopathetic wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 8:47 am
Logan - brought to you by FCA
the car company? Lots of excessive product placement?

Lego Batman was like that for me. So much Apple stuff...
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
Before I Fall

Even though its essentially a Twilight Zone episode with a Groundhog Day story, it is surprisingly well done. Zoey Deutch is great in this, her skilful acting and natural charm show the evolution of her character as she lives the same day over and over. Though it threatens to get hoakey at times, for the most part it is remains authentically portrayed. By the end it becomes downright inspirational. Much better than I expected! 5/5.

(This Village Voice review might give you an idea whether you would like Before I Fall.)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1686 posts
211 upvotes
Red Deer
I don't know when this movie came out, I must have missed all the previews on it, but I watched it today and loved it; Miss Sloane
Last edited by Rob76 on Mar 9th, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3132 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
We have a kid at home so my moviegoing has been dramatically reduced... but I'm so glad I got to see Logan last night. I'm a huge X-Men comic fan but much of the movie universe has been disappointing to me. Logan makes it all right, plus even provides a bit of a nod towards the incongruity between comics and movies
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14745 posts
3795 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
moonlight was brilliant
manchester by the sea was brilliant although depressing af
lion was great also...very touching
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game