Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 7:39 pm
Tags:
Feb 13, 2017
257 posts
1250 upvotes
Bin Dopin's CANistan
ill Manors
features six original songs by Plan B,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ill_Manors

"Brawls break out again at same Chuck E. Cheese's in California & Two 3 year old boys shot accidentally outside Fort Worth Chuck E. Cheese’s "
"Stay Tuned For More Breaking Cheese @ 11"
Sep 14, 2014
112 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sicario
Denis Villeneuve(Arrival, Prisoners) knows how to make a thrilling movie. If you are a fan of Emily Blunt, Benicio del Toro or just want to watch a serious, suspenseful movie. Try this one.

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1720 posts
218 upvotes
Red Deer
AoKatana wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 6:38 pm
Sicario
Denis Villeneuve(Arrival, Prisoners) knows how to make a thrilling movie. If you are a fan of Emily Blunt, Benicio del Toro or just want to watch a serious, suspenseful movie. Try this one.

Sicario was probably the best movie I've seen from 2015.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3441 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
I liked White House Down so much I watched it again since I last saw it on netflix. This was way better than Olympus Has Fallen feat Gerald Butler

Although London Has Fallen made up for Olympus Has Fallen.

Jamie Foxx (President Sawyer): Get your hands off my Jordan's!!!

hahahaha
May 22, 2016
861 posts
152 upvotes
Ontario
Just watched Return of the King again. Still amazing after 20 years. The CGI is amazing still.
Sep 14, 2014
112 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rob76 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 9:11 pm
Sicario was probably the best movie I've seen from 2015.
yeah, I'm completely late to the party on this one. Sicario's Director is now on my radar.
Just watched Return of the King again.
saw Fellowship of the Ring extended on the christmas holidays. good re-watch after a decade+ passed by.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5592 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
AoKatana wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 12:40 am
yeah, I'm completely late to the party on this one. Sicario's Director is now on my radar.
Incendies is his best work so far
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2624 posts
411 upvotes
Markham
Logan - I was 'moved'. Sad that it will be Hugh Jackman last time as Wolverine.
I was hoping that Liev Schreiber came back as Sabretooth.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1201 posts
277 upvotes
Was gonna wait to see Kristen Stewart's movie "Personal Shopper" on discount Tuesday at Cineplex, but it seems the only place playing the movie is the TIFF Bell Lightbox in the GTA. Admittedly, I really hate this theatre because they overcharge you for movies that are already on DVD, blu-ray etc. Today I made an exception to see "Personal Shopper" on opening day and paid $14 at the box office to see this new release. Not so bad, since it was a new release and not an old film that I'm paying anywhere from $14 to $17 depending on the movie's format. Like who would want to pay astronomical prices to see old movies already on your home video collection.

"Personal Shopper" I actually really enjoyed this movie. However, it's not for everyone. It's got a rating of 77 at Metacritic right now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4714782/?ref_=nv_sr_1

If Cineplex chooses to show this movie at a later date, I'll gladly go see it again on Cheap Tuesday. This movie was really up my alley and warrants another big screen viewing before watching on home video for me. Also, I'm a little bias because I'm a Kristen Stewart fan. LOL
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1992 posts
294 upvotes
Get Out.....
Must watch...
Good suspense and thriller.....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7547 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 7:29 pm
Was gonna wait to see Kristen Stewart's movie "Personal Shopper" on discount Tuesday at Cineplex, but it seems the only place playing the movie is the TIFF Bell Lightbox in the GTA. Admittedly, I really hate this theatre because they overcharge you for movies that are already on DVD, blu-ray etc. Today I made an exception to see "Personal Shopper" on opening day and paid $14 at the box office to see this new release. Not so bad, since it was a new release and not an old film that I'm paying anywhere from $14 to $17 depending on the movie's format. Like who would want to pay astronomical prices to see old movies already on your home video collection.

"Personal Shopper" I actually really enjoyed this movie. However, it's not for everyone. It's got a rating of 77 at Metacritic right now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4714782/?ref_=nv_sr_1

If Cineplex chooses to show this movie at a later date, I'll gladly go see it again on Cheap Tuesday. This movie was really up my alley and warrants another big screen viewing before watching on home video for me. Also, I'm a little bias because I'm a Kristen Stewart fan. LOL
Tx Mr Fanta for putting this on my radar. Ya, big fan of KStew also.