Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 3:05 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1822 posts
220 upvotes
In another world
Wonder Woman.
A bit slow in some parts IMO. I guess I was tired.

DC is trying to come up with their own Marvel-esque intro ha!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5546 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Belko Experiment

Battle Royale meets Office Space in b-movie format.
Bloody, cheesy and entertaining. Nothing that will go down in any top 10 list, but mindless fun.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19258 posts
1423 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 3:20 pm
Belko Experiment

Bloody, cheesy and entertaining. Nothing that will go down in any top 10 list, but mindless fun.
exact same sentiments! I posted this a couple of pages back - good to know that I wasn't alone - wifey didn't like it
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19258 posts
1423 upvotes
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

If you enjoy Guy Ritchie style of filming, then you'll enjoy this one (I hope!).

I found it entertaining - I like the storytelling format, action was good, Charlie Hunnam was good as Arthur and Jude Law was good as the evil uncle.....

7/10 - soundtrack that went with the film was nice too!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1162 posts
952 upvotes
Canada
newt_101 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 3:20 pm
Belko Experiment

Looks good thanks. Too bad it's not on netflix
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7355 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 6:08 pm
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Yup, it's not bad. Hard to find decent horror (i.e. REAL horror=supernatural stuff, not slasher-gore crap pretending to be 'horror' nonsense) nowadays.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6000 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
King Arthur was actually very enjoyable and it gave another pov of the fable. If you ever studied a film course you'd appreciate it especially the camera work.

Alien Covenant was good even though i hate those creatures.

Lost City of Z was exceptional if you are a historian like me, i's a historical documentary/drama.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1331 posts
87 upvotes
Vampire Cleanup Department.
Haven't seen a decent Chinese vampire flick in years. And they add in a very cute Lin Ming-Chen in the mix.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3983 posts
469 upvotes
Thornhill
I don't get people who hated the Alien the Covenant. I was a great movie and a good continuation of Prometheous! On IMDB it seems at least half of the reviewers gave it 1-star. They either didn't watch it, or just don't have any brains to think. These last 2 Alien movies are not horror. They are sci-fi thrillers and as such They were both simply amazing, providing so much background info on how it all began

Alien - 8/10
Mummy - 6.7/10 - not bad, just an action movie and better than the previous one which made me walk away as it was boring!
Transformers 6.9/10 - Meh, some good action with pop corn. Not the best of them, but worth the $7 I paid to sit in a reclined leather sofa for 2.5 hours @ Imagine Cinemas lol
Wonder Woman - 7.6/10 - Nice,but I am not into female superheroes...
King Arthur - 10/10 Wow, so much action, great story.
Power Rangers - lol... 6.5/10 - I am not understanding the hate for this movie. Did those people watch the tv show??!! The TV show was cheesy. There was soooo much cheese that a cheese factory would be proud lol. The movie was better than the TV show. I grew up watching the dumb Power Rangers tv show and did not have a lot of expectations. It was better than the show!
Security - 6.7/10 Good little action movie with Mr. Banderas. Wouldn't watch it twice,but a nice 1-time movie.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1438 posts
431 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 1:40 pm
I don't get people who hated the Alien the Covenant. I was a great movie and a good continuation of Prometheous! On IMDB it seems at least half of the reviewers gave it 1-star. They either didn't watch it, or just don't have any brains to think. These last 2 Alien movies are not horror. They are sci-fi thrillers and as such They were both simply amazing, providing so much background info on how it all began

Alien - 8/10
Mummy - 6.7/10 - not bad, just an action movie and better than the previous one which made me walk away as it was boring!
Transformers 6.9/10 - Meh, some good action with pop corn. Not the best of them, but worth the $7 I paid to sit in a reclined leather sofa for 2.5 hours @ Imagine Cinemas lol
Wonder Woman - 7.6/10 - Nice,but I am not into female superheroes...
King Arthur - 10/10 Wow, so much action, great story.
Power Rangers - lol... 6.5/10 - I am not understanding the hate for this movie. Did those people watch the tv show??!! The TV show was cheesy. There was soooo much cheese that a cheese factory would be proud lol. The movie was better than the TV show. I grew up watching the dumb Power Rangers tv show and did not have a lot of expectations. It was better than the show!
Security - 6.7/10 Good little action movie with Mr. Banderas. Wouldn't watch it twice,but a nice 1-time movie.
Based on your ratings for those films, it looks like I'm really going to hate Alien Covenant. Anyone who thinks transformers was that good likely doesn't have the same criteria in films as I do.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3983 posts
469 upvotes
Thornhill
badOne wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 8:31 pm
Based on your ratings for those films, it looks like I'm really going to hate Alien Covenant. Anyone who thinks transformers was that good likely doesn't have the same criteria in films as I do.
Well, The difference between me and possibly you are expectations. When I go to see a comedy - I expect to laugh. When I go see an action movie, I expect to see fights or shootings. When I want to see a thriller, I expect to be on the edge. Unfortunately, a lot of people when they want to see an action movie, they expect a script to win an Oscar, they expect the best actors money can buy and billions spend on budget, a great comedy script and all that. I don't call that all reasonable expectations.

Transformers was a sold movie for action. I got exactly what I wanted from it - firefight + some story to go along with it. The 3.1 points loss would go directly to story.

But yes, if you didn't like Prometheus, you will not like the Alien as it is just a continuation of it and many expected nonstop horror killings and it's not what it was designed to do. The movie is amazing,but requires some thinking and a lot of people for some reason don't want to do that...
ps. I didn't like the original Alien movies. I found them pointless, predictable and just stupid.
Last edited by dazz on Jul 8th, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.