Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 8:19 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5523 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Wind River

Is it impressive or what for a writer to come up with Sicario, Hell or High Water, and now this 3 years in a row!?
This is one of my very best films of this year - fleshed out characters, unpredictable, solid acting, and great cinematography. Loved it from beginning to end.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6920 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
love & mercy. didn't know what to expect going in. very well done.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3835 posts
465 upvotes
Aurora
carmaster wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 5:52 pm
Baywatch. I enjoyed it.
dazz wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 10:39 am
Baywatch. A nice overall comedy. 6.7/10
I can't believe I'm posting this but, yeah, I quite liked Baywatch as well. Stupid (intentionally) as it was, I think it scored lower than it deserved on IMDB and RT.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19181 posts
1407 upvotes
^ +3 for Baywatch....

Another vote here....watched it last night and it is a raunchy comedy with some eye candy (wowzers, actress that plays CJ is hawwwtt....well, turns out she is a SI swimsuit model...that explains it)....

Had a few good laughs...enjoyed it for what it is

6.7/10
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5523 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Sleight

Can't believe no one has talked about this!
This is a SOLID movie made for $250K (you won't believe how that's possible watching it) that is intensely dramatic, well-thought out and just plain entertaining.
Highly recommended hidden gem.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5363 posts
277 upvotes
TO
bembol wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 7:47 pm
I can't remember the last time I saw a Steven Soderbergh film...that I enjoyed not since Ocean's.

Interestingly enough LUCKY LOGAN matches it.

Again is it harsh but Channing Tatum suits this character. He was really good I was surprised.

I never really paid attention who's in it just watched it because it was Soderbergh but the cast overall was great. Never heard of Riley Keough until now but she's hot...good lol Hilary Swank was a surprised.

The pay off, ending was great and have to admit there was a scene that made the audience's eyes teared up. :)

Really great especially the last few releases was disappointing.
Just saw the trailer and man, I gotta see this one, it looks hilarious.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2072 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
ji2o0k wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 6:43 am
^ +3 for Baywatch....

Another vote here....watched it last night and it is a raunchy comedy with some eye candy (wowzers, actress that plays CJ is hawwwtt....well, turns out she is a SI swimsuit model...that explains it)....

Had a few good laughs...enjoyed it for what it is

6.7/10
Just watched it. Exactly what I expected. Stupid and fun way to waste couple hours sat night haha.
Sep 30, 2001
26295 posts
5381 upvotes
Toronto
Baywatch
Don't talk about it, be about it
Nov 5, 2009
647 posts
36 upvotes
Boy Missing (2016)
Secuestro (original title)

A great Spanish thriller. I have seen a few Spanish films and I am impressed with the quality.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15812 posts
564 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Since summer and no tv shows on watched a bunch of movies I know am behind, trying to catch up.

Captain america civil war - not bad good fx
Central Intelligence - funny ish comedy, rock and hart is in it
Ghostbusters - star cast, good fx
Jason Bourne - action i liked it
Now You See Me 2 - meh
Star Trek Beyond - space stuff I like, good.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5523 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
OliviaAlgoz wrote:
Nov 21st, 2016 9:40 pm
The Lobster, absurdist comedy-drama directed by Yorgos Lanthimos, is the best that I watched in 2016. Excellent actors, Colin Farrell as a newly-single man trying to find someone so he can remain human, and Rachel Weisz as a woman with whom he attempts to form a relationship. I recommend to watch all those who have not watched yet.

+1

Didn't like the director's other film 'Dogtooth' but I did very much enjoy this.
It's a weird one but keeps you glued to the screen the whole time.
For those who weren't able to get TIFF tickets this year, but are in a festival-artsy type of mood - give this a watch.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3939 posts
447 upvotes
Thornhill
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 10:33 pm

+1

Didn't like the director's other film 'Dogtooth' but I did very much enjoy this.
It's a weird one but keeps you glued to the screen the whole time.
For those who weren't able to get TIFF tickets this year, but are in a festival-artsy type of mood - give this a watch.

Found this 2 year old movie to be extremely dumb and pointless.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3939 posts
447 upvotes
Thornhill
Seven Sisters (aka What Happened to Monday) - one of the best action thrillers of the year

The Wall - loved it. Didn't think I'd watch it,but it kept me interested 100%

Jimmy Vestvood: Amerikan Hero -- fuuunny!!