Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 8:19 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19181 posts
1407 upvotes
It Comes At Night

Enjoyed this movie....a different take on the virus apocalypse....focusing more on the people and the families and how things break down at the first sign of trouble.

Kept me interested for the most part - some parts are slow but overall enjoyed it..

7/10
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2072 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
Train to Busan - entertaining. Noted that Asian zombies move much faster than the American zombies lol
Shot Caller - another good one.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19181 posts
1407 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 11:50 pm
Seven Sisters (aka What Happened to Monday) - one of the best action thrillers of the year
Jimmy Vestvood: Amerikan Hero -- fuuunny!!
+2 thx for the recommendation...watched it last night with the wifey....good action scifi thriller.....kept us entertained...

Nice mix of action and whodunit....story was good!
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10053 posts
634 upvotes
Mississauga
I saw It last night. Very good movie with some great scares. I particularly liked the Stand By Me vibe of the Losers Club, having the kids ride around and exploring around on their bikes. Do kids these days even ride around on bikes in groups like that anymore? Seems like they just hole up playing video games now.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2213 posts
109 upvotes
Logan

I liked this movie too much and was hooked from beginning to end.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6920 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
dunkirk
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10053 posts
634 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been on a horror movie binge this weekend. I saw It on Friday, Friday the 13th Part 2 on Saturday (cheesy but fun), and The Ritual at TIFF today.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1295 posts
84 upvotes
If you're into horror and gore, you NEED to see Herman Yau's The Sleep Curse. This movie is so gory that the Japanese actor retired from acting due to the aftermath of his character. You'll see what I mean.
Very well balanced switching from present-day to World War II.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2072 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
ji2o0k wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 5:56 pm
It Comes At Night

Enjoyed this movie....a different take on the virus apocalypse....focusing more on the people and the families and how things break down at the first sign of trouble.

Kept me interested for the most part - some parts are slow but overall enjoyed it..

7/10
Kept me entertained as well, until the almost very end. Then I was like WTF, thats it??!?!?!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2072 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 12:08 pm
I saw It last night. Very good movie with some great scares. I particularly liked the Stand By Me vibe of the Losers Club, having the kids ride around and exploring around on their bikes. Do kids these days even ride around on bikes in groups like that anymore? Seems like they just hole up playing video games now.
Would you let your kid(s) out on bike on a street with today's idiot drivers and always late for something very important? I am an adult bike rider and the shit I see, from both cyclists and drivers, is just insane.
If I had kids the last thing I would want them do is ride their bikes on a street with friends.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13387 posts
8877 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 11:13 am
Would you let your kid(s) out on bike on a street with today's idiot drivers and always late for something very important? I am an adult bike rider and the shit I see, from both cyclists and drivers, is just insane.
If I had kids the last thing I would want them do is ride their bikes on a street with friends.
that's sad. I bike on Toronto streets with my kids (ages 5,8). They're on sidewalks unless there is a bike lane. They also attended Gearheads cycling camp this summer and are very adept/skilled.

Denying kids the pleasure of riding with friends seems pretty extreme. Diabetes/obesity kill far more people than cycling crashes.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19181 posts
1407 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 11:11 am
Kept me entertained as well, until the almost very end. Then I was like WTF, thats it??!?!?!
Lol...the ending was "abrupt" to say the least....

I liked the ending....goes to show what paranoia can do and how things go to hell quickly....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)