Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 8:19 am
Tags:
Nov 15, 2004
398 posts
76 upvotes
47 meters down - A thrillingly, claustrophobic shark movie about two sisters trapped underwater in shark infested water. Mandy Moore plays one of the sisters. I enjoyed this almost on par with The Shallows, maybe even slightly more. Once you get through a bit of a sluggish beginning (I skimmed through the beginning to save some time), the pacing of 47 was faster and more action packed and had one of the better endings for a shark movie, imo.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1295 posts
84 upvotes
Baby Driver was not that bad. Disney/Marvel botched things up by going separate ways with this guy.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2072 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
sprung wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 11:20 am
that's sad. I bike on Toronto streets with my kids (ages 5,8). They're on sidewalks unless there is a bike lane. They also attended Gearheads cycling camp this summer and are very adept/skilled.

Denying kids the pleasure of riding with friends seems pretty extreme. Diabetes/obesity kill far more people than cycling crashes.
Riding bicycle on a sidewalk? Seriously? You think this is safe for your kids or the pedestrians?
But lets get back to movies.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2072 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
The Big Sick

Kept me well entertained and few scenes LOL haha. Great stuff.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3835 posts
465 upvotes
Aurora
Baby Driver. Wow. I loved it. I watched it knowing absolutely nothing about it - even thought the title sounded stupid. Very pleasantly surpirsed.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1194 posts
333 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 10:45 am
Riding bicycle on a sidewalk? Seriously? You think this is safe for your kids or the pedestrians?
But lets get back to movies.
You must not have kids. No parent is ever going to allow their kid under 14 or for that matter if they can help it, under 20 to ride on the road. No policeman is ever going to ticket the kid or the parents riding on the sidewalk with them. Any crashes into pedestrians becomes a civil matter and doesn't bother the police. Any road accidents where a cyclist gets killed becomes a police matter.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2072 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
badOne wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 11:44 am
You must not have kids. No parent is ever going to allow their kid under 14 or for that matter if they can help it, under 20 to ride on the road. No policeman is ever going to ticket the kid or the parents riding on the sidewalk with them. Any crashes into pedestrians becomes a civil matter and doesn't bother the police. Any road accidents where a cyclist gets killed becomes a police matter.
Its the reason why Gods invented parks, trails and bike paths. As the name indicates, sidewalk is for walking. Cycling on a sidewalk is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY more dangerous that cycling on the road. Let me guess, you teach your kids, and also practice yourself the rule of "stop at every light, road crossing, bridge, stop sign following by a dismount, walk across said obstacle and ride again"? No? Didnt think so.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1194 posts
333 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 11:13 am
Its the reason why Gods invented parks, trails and bike paths. As the name indicates, sidewalk is for walking. Cycling on a sidewalk is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY more dangerous that cycling on the road. Let me guess, you teach your kids, and also practice yourself the rule of "stop at every light, road crossing, bridge, stop sign following by a dismount, walk across said obstacle and ride again"? No? Didnt think so.
Actually, yes. And I would still continue riding on the sidewalk with the kids.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
On Monday night, I finally was able to tick off the checklist the classic 1939 film "Gone with the Wind" and see it on the big screen for the first time. In 1989, it celebrated its 50th anniversary with an official re-release. I was suppose to see it then, but just never got around to it (both theatre and home video). I ended up procrastinating for the next 28 years. I've always wanted to see it and I can't believe I finally got around to it last night. LOL

Absolutely AWESOME in every way. I was so blown away by just how good it was. I left the movie with a big smile after seeing the credits. Haven't felt that good about a movie in such a long time. Cineplex has a a few more screenings this week if you have never seen this epic masterpiece.

https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/gone-wit ... ssic-films
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1194 posts
333 upvotes
gontori wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:23 pm
47 meters down
I liked this one too - but it looks like the ratings for this film is middle of the road. if this had come out around the time of Jaws it would have done better than Jaws.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1702 posts
212 upvotes
Red Deer
Watched The Big Sick tonight. Loved it.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2924 posts
208 upvotes
Kingston
Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales

Not as good as the earlier movies, but was definitely better than the last one which was just atrocious. This movie saw all the original cast in the movie, though Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are barely in it, but still gives that nostalgic feel to it. Storyline was decent though it was vague. It kept my interest and that's all I look for in a movie lol
Oct 14, 2015
208 posts
23 upvotes
Drumheller
Usually, I don't expect much when I click "play" on a old movie, but this one was a pleasant surprise.
The topic, although a dark one, is real enough for warriors and first responders.
Some great acting, and who can't help but fall in love with Dear Angie?

May 9, 2007
777 posts
199 upvotes
Shot Caller. One of the best movies I've seen in a long long time. 10/10