Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 7:53 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5547 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Ingrid Goes West

Despite the film being a bit too dark for some, Plaza and Olsen are good in the leads.
The film takes some unpredictable turns in this take on the current generation's ideals of social acceptance, and the theme of loneliness. Worth a watch.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1402 posts
399 upvotes
VANCOUVER
blexann wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 4:09 pm
The Vietnam War (2017 TV Series)
I second this. It was a very good perspective on the war and if you like history it's a definite watch. My mother inlaw was in Hanoi during the war when she was 16 ish. I asked her about it and she doesn't talk about it. After seeing this series I can only imagine the things she saw and been through.

Another good war series is Band of Brothers. It's a must watch.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4511 posts
491 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 9:40 pm
I second this. It was a very good perspective on the war and if you like history it's a definite watch. My mother inlaw was in Hanoi during the war when she was 16 ish. I asked her about it and she doesn't talk about it. After seeing this series I can only imagine the things she saw and been through.

Another good war series is Band of Brothers. It's a must watch.
Superbly written and created by Ken Burns and narrated by Peter Coyote. If you like Burns' style also checkout the 9 part series that originally aired on PBS called Baseball (highly recommended). BOB is excellent.
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3526 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got a chance to watch IT. The story of the "Losers" was what really made this movie. Not Pennywise. I thought the movie wasn't scary at all expect for a few parts. CGI really hurt this movie cause it was just unbelievably sad. Overall good movie.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10744 posts
1273 upvotes
Edmonton
Raising Arizona.

Such a beautiful movie in both cinematography and narration with just the right dash of bizarre situations thrown in.

This has always been a cult favorite of mine but after 20 plus years of relationship and marriage, trying to start a family and failing, dealing with the frustration, costs, and emotional turmoil of infertility, and eventually accepting the fact I would not have children, I am now a proud new father in my 40s.

And yes, Arizona sunsets are beautiful.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
1044 posts
17 upvotes
Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Great Horror/Comedy Film. It was our Halloween movie of the night!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16309 posts
1074 upvotes
Woodbridge
Been a long time since I saw a good movie at the theaters...

THOR RAGNAROK
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13701 posts
9201 upvotes
Toronto
avrilcc wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 4:40 pm
Geostorm
LOL what? Think you meant to post in worst movie instead. This thing was as dud.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2029 posts
255 upvotes
Was pleasantly surprised by The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan! Almost comparable to the first Taken movie in the feel of it
Mar 24, 2015
576 posts
125 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Valerian and the city of a thousand planets