Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 6:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2818 posts
265 upvotes
Thanks for the suggestion of Wind River, watched it last night and enjoyed it.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2358 posts
153 upvotes
The Garden of Words: discovered this 46 minutes gem after seeing Your Name by the same director.
Dec 23, 2015
198 posts
157 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 12:02 pm
First saw this 1981 movie "Diva" years ago on VHS, but was way too young to appreciate it. Recently, I stumbled onto it again at the library and borrowed the DVD and re-watched it. Forgot just how good it was.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082269/

Here's the sad thing, I'm going out of town tonight for the long weekend and just learned it is screening tonight at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. I really want to friggin' see this movie on the big screen because it's truly a rare gem and I have no idea when it'll play in a theatre again. Go see it if you are town!

http://www.tiff.net/films/diva/
I liked it a lot too when it came out. Who knew opera is cool? A good sound system makes it an even better experience.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19333 posts
1458 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:11 am
Seriously. One of the very best.
That scene towards the end when Paxton is buying time in the cop's office is so intense.
And the montage of scenes when things go 'back to normal'.

I wish Raimi did more stuff like that instead of ...

Yo bruh, that dark spidey dance is a thing of pure genius!!

The audacity, the sheer ridiculousness of it....in the middle of a Spidey film..

It ranks up there with the original Batman TV series Batusi dance!!

Ok, maybe not but kinda close!!

And it ended Tobey Maguire's career!! Epic!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5603 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
The Killing of a Sacred Deer

This is one of those love it or hate it movies - either way it's not an easy one to shake off.
Directing/cinematography is top notch, the plot unravels slowly and it's unique as anything else Lanthimos has ever done. Keoghan in his role is phenomenal.
This one is going to stick with me for a while,...

For anyone else who's seen it - please share thoughts
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16396 posts
1100 upvotes
Woodbridge
Good enough to post here I guess...

The Last Jedi
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5075 posts
955 upvotes
Whitby
newt_101 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 12:00 am
The Killing of a Sacred Deer

This is one of those love it or hate it movies - either way it's not an easy one to shake off.
Directing/cinematography is top notch, the plot unravels slowly and it's unique as anything else Lanthimos has ever done. Keoghan in his role is phenomenal.
This one is going to stick with me for a while,...
Was looking for a movie tonight, based on your post I'll get this....looks interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5603 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Zamboni wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 11:16 am
Was looking for a movie tonight, based on your post I'll get this....looks interesting.
If you've watched the director's other movies you'll know what you're in store for. Just warning you - it's messed up but really satisfying.

Post what your thoughts were after!
May 23, 2017
339 posts
103 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 11:29 am

If you've watched the director's other movies you'll know what you're in store for. Just warning you - it's messed up but really satisfying.

Post what your thoughts were after!
im watching this right now, about half way through and I feel so uneasy, its the emotionless acting and the music....
Got that Zoomer account!