Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 11:49 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4101 posts
513 upvotes
Thornhill
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 12:45 am
Call Me By Your Name. Phenomenal movie with incredible performances and direction.

Tried to watch it,but as a straight male I found this movie very boring( nicely made though) 3/10 for me...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16505 posts
1143 upvotes
Woodbridge
Molly's Game.

Love Sorkin and only seen a few of Jessica Chastain but I am loving her, becoming one of my favorites.

Never heard of the story nor the movie until I saw it on Flixter. Great cast and delivery.

The Foreigner

I got $100 in iTunes for Christmas and missed this in the theatre...It was only $14.99. I guess like many I expected more of Jackie Chan but still good enough.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4120 posts
590 upvotes
Aurora
Kiraly wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 2:58 pm
I watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles last night. Wife had never seen it, she was rolling on the floor laughing.
It's been a very long time since I saw that movie. The face cloth scene was hilariously traumatising.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10291 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
Kiraly wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 2:58 pm
I watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles last night. Wife had never seen it, she was rolling on the floor laughing.
"Those aren't two pillows!"
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10291 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
Poppwl wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 6:16 pm
Before sunrise
Before Sunset is my favourite of the trilogy, but I love them all.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1393 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Rewatched Sicario again...thought it was a little boring when I first watched it, but Im gonna do a total 180 on that opinion and say its pretty badass on my second viewing.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1736 posts
220 upvotes
Red Deer
Fabfive wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 9:29 am
Rewatched Sicario again...thought it was a little boring when I first watched it, but Im gonna do a total 180 on that opinion and say its pretty badass on my second viewing.
Yep, Sicario was the best of 2015 imo.

Took my 11 year old to see Coco yesterday and it's brilliant.
Jan 23, 2015
535 posts
126 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Went on a Steve McQueen kick the other night, watched The Towering Inferno, The Cincinnati Kid and Papillon, all were great movies.

Last night I watched The Foreigner very entertaining, better than I thought it would be.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6184 posts
1397 upvotes
I just bought the 4K UHD Spider-Man Homecoming and I thought it was the worst Spider-Man movie overall.
Not a bad movie per se, but the movie did not seem to have any real conflicts or dilemmas for Parker.

It felt more like an Iron Man movie overall, especially with the Iron Man's high-tech version of the Spiderman suit.
A lot of the other characters were re-written as well.

I watched the 4K UHD versions of all the other Spider-man movies before watching this one and I felt all the other ones were more entertaining
or at least had more meaningful moments.

Dunkirk 4K UHD has amazing sound quality and is a decent movie but the least re-watchable Nolan title IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)