Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2018 1:41 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5049 posts
739 upvotes
calgary
gontori wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:46 am
Adam doesn't look like a badass to play Kylo.
The problem with Adam Driver playing a villian in Star Wars is -at least in my mind- Adam Driver had already typecasted himself as a loathing idiot in Girls (which was the best thing about that show).
Feb 25, 2018
79 posts
21 upvotes
The last "good" movie I watched is a 2017 American "comedy" “The House”, starring Will Ferrell.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2091 posts
268 upvotes
In another world
daisygoodman wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 10:38 pm
The last "good" movie I watched is a 2017 American "comedy" “The House”, starring Will Ferrell.
You also posted this in The Last Bad Movie thread:
The last bad movie I watched is “The House”, a 2017 American "comedy" film, starring Will Ferrell.
Feb 25, 2018
79 posts
21 upvotes
gontori wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 10:23 am
You also posted this in The Last Bad Movie thread:
The last "good" movie & the last bad movie do not mean the same thing?
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2091 posts
268 upvotes
In another world
daisygoodman wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 1:27 pm
The last "good" movie & the last bad movie do not mean the same thing?
Sure... if you like to write the same movie name in two different threads about a good movie and a the same "good" movie (or a bad movie and "bad" movie).
Well... it's your choice nonetheless Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8774 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
Here are three vintage films that I recently rewatched that have merits. Not necessarily for all tastes though.

The Adventures of Robin Hood
The 1938 Errol Flynn Technicolor extravaganza.

Harold and Maude
The 1971 blackish comedy about a suicidal boy and the full of life old woman who befriends him.

The Magic Christian
The subversive little 1969 British comedy with Peter Sellers and Ringo Starr. About the world's richest man who operates on the belief that anyone can be bought, and tests it every day.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Mar 22nd, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9437 posts
3818 upvotes
Toronto
Mississippi Burning. Good movie!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4897 posts
1124 upvotes
Aurora
The Greatest Showman.

Wow! Just wow. I ignored this when it was in theaters last year and checked out the digital download on a whim, expecting nothing. What an absolutely terrific feel good movie. I also didn't even realise it was a musical - I knew nothing about it.

On RottenTomatoes, it's rated 55% critics review. Screw them. They're wrong and I'm right (along with 89% positive audience reviews). Wonderfully entertaining straightforward movie, easily digestible by the masses, brought smiles and tears to my face. Big enthusiastic thumbs up for me.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6130 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Unsane

I admire Soderbergh (even though I don't love him) because he's tackled so many different genres with such a unique look/feel.
Foy is solid in the lead, and the story, disguised as a psychological-thriller, took some decent twists on a timely take on the whole #metoo and what women can go through.
Pretty cool that he shot it all on an iPhone and it doesn't feel too obtrusive/gimmicky.
Last edited by newt_101 on Mar 25th, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.