Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2018 6:13 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1498 posts
365 upvotes
As a kid, I grew up watching kung fu movies shown on TV on Saturday afternoons. When I learned that the TIFF Bell Lightbox was showing one of my favorite classics the "Five Deadly Venoms" I just jumped at the opportunity to see it on the big screen for the first time. What a treat it was to see this amazing martial arts movie in the theatre. For nostalgic reasons, I really wished they showed it with the poor English dubbing. LOL Instead it was shown in its original Mandarin-Chinese language with English subtitles.

https://www.tiff.net/events/colin-gedde ... ly-venoms/
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2053 posts
264 upvotes
In another world
The Watcher on Netflix.
Suspense movie with good acting, which got my wife second thoughts about getting a house, ha!
Sep 30, 2001
26937 posts
5918 upvotes
Toronto
Incredibles 2
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1498 posts
365 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 3:05 pm
As a kid, I grew up watching kung fu movies shown on TV on Saturday afternoons. When I learned that the TIFF Bell Lightbox was showing one of my favorite classics the "Five Deadly Venoms" I just jumped at the opportunity to see it on the big screen for the first time. What a treat it was to see this amazing martial arts movie in the theatre. For nostalgic reasons, I really wished they showed it with the poor English dubbing. LOL Instead it was shown in its original Mandarin-Chinese language with English subtitles.

https://www.tiff.net/events/colin-gedde ... ly-venoms/
Last weekend after seeing this amazing kung fu B-movie on the big screen, I was so impressed by it that I now want to get a copy of this movie. Does anyone know where I can a copy of the "Five Deadly Venoms".
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2658 posts
861 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 8:37 am
Last weekend after seeing this amazing kung fu B-movie on the big screen, I was so impressed by it that I now want to get a copy of this movie. Does anyone know where I can a copy of the "Five Deadly Venoms".
it is only available as a dvd there isn't a bluray version. And it's only fun the first 2-3x you watch it. FYI there is another movie that claims to the a sequel and played by the same actors but has nothing to do with this movie. This is really a standalone.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8754 posts
2367 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 8:37 am
Torrent.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1549 posts
118 upvotes
trini wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 11:55 am
The Lover! Asians should watch it.
Jane March was a pretty sweet thang!!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2658 posts
861 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 9:54 pm
Jane March was a pretty sweet thang!!
I read she's was the wife of bruce willis' best friend. And Bruce still hit on her.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5969 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
Early Man. If you find claymation fascinating you'll enjoy this. Great visuals and good humor
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1498 posts
365 upvotes
Definitely enjoyed seeing this month's all female cast "Ocean's 8" more than the 2016 female cast of "Ghostbuster".

It could be pure coincidence, but "Ocean's 8" was released on June 8th and a piece of the Banksy exhibit in Toronto goes missing last week. I wonder if the thief just watched the movie because Banksy was even mentioned in the heist film. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5923 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 9:19 pm
Definitely enjoyed seeing this month's all female cast "Ocean's 8" more than the 2016 female cast of "Ghostbuster".
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1498 posts
365 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 11:27 am
That was uncalled for and I took offense to it. Therefore, I will just call you a true artsy fartsy film wannabe poser. Prick! End of game on ignore. LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)