Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 5:11 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9649 posts
1726 upvotes
Montréal
newt_101 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2018 8:05 pm
Calibre

Tensely solid Netflix UK suspense in a similar vein to Eden Lake.
Leaves you thinking far after the credits.
Ya, saw that too. Would you have done what that guy did near the end btw? So many questions.

Netflix is a pretty solid choice, pumping out so many good flicks.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6136 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
tranquility922 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 11:13 am
Ya, saw that too. Would you have done what that guy did near the end btw? So many questions.

Netflix is a pretty solid choice, pumping out so many good flicks.
SPOILERS

I think that's the issue though - it's such a moral personal choice.
Do you kill your close friend to return to your new family but deal with the life-long guilt, or do you die and leave a widow and fatherless child?
I think only someone faced with that predicament right at that point could decide only then - so many variables.

Having said that - his friend was an alcoholic/drug addict, with no clear direction in life and lacking the morals of his own - so is his life truly worth salvaging?
Also - would his friend have done the same if the tables were turned? I don't think so, as at one point he had his knife pointed at his buddy and basically told him that if he didn't let him remove the bullet from the child's head, he would have killed him.

What would you do?
Apr 23, 2018
25 posts
21 upvotes
Coco and I must say this movie had some dark themes for a children's movie.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9649 posts
1726 upvotes
Montréal
newt_101 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 11:40 am
SPOILERS

I think that's the issue though - it's such a moral personal choice.
Do you kill your close friend to return to your new family but deal with the life-long guilt, or do you die and leave a widow and fatherless child?
I think only someone faced with that predicament right at that point could decide only then - so many variables.

Having said that - his friend was an alcoholic/drug addict, with no clear direction in life and lacking the morals of his own - so is his life truly worth salvaging?
Also - would his friend have done the same if the tables were turned? I don't think so, as at one point he had his knife pointed at his buddy and basically told him that if he didn't let him remove the bullet from the child's head, he would have killed him.

What would you do?
SPOILERS...

Ya, that's a tough one...he did 'save' me from the dad...maybe....but if I was that unlucky to do that in the 1st place, I'd just face the music vs making it worse. I didn't pay attn to the friend's personal troubles/demons, but I guess it makes it easier to pull the trigger.

Thing I wanna know is why did they run when the 'gravesite' was discovered...did the mob really suspect them?
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6136 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
tranquility922 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 12:13 pm
SPOILERS...

Thing I wanna know is why did they run when the 'gravesite' was discovered...did the mob really suspect them?
I don't think so BUT they were already paranoid and scared to begin with, plus with a mob mentality like the small town has they could have checked their hotel/Jeep/knapsack and discovered the evidence, and then they would have been screwed.

I don't think one thinks rationally in situations like this - it's like when you have a bad date or an unprepared job interview - it's only AFTER when you look back on it do you see what you could have done differently/better.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3758 posts
339 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Watched Blockers, thought it was funny. John Cena is a good in comedies.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1091 posts
252 upvotes
domo325 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 11:07 am
Sicario 2

Not as good as the first but still worth a watch. Ending was, damn.
Really? I was very disappointed. Only good scene was the opening I found
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6255 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote:
May 24th, 2018 6:54 am
Thoroughbreds

Tight, little, nasty thriller, with solid performances, and excellent direction.
Killer soundtrack as well. This and A Quiet Place have topped my list for 2018 over the past couple days.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9649 posts
1726 upvotes
Montréal
SPOILERS
newt_101 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 12:39 pm
I don't think so BUT they were already paranoid and scared to begin with, plus with a mob mentality like the small town has they could have checked their hotel/Jeep/knapsack and discovered the evidence, and then they would have been screwed.

I don't think one thinks rationally in situations like this - it's like when you have a bad date or an unprepared job interview - it's only AFTER when you look back on it do you see what you could have done differently/better.
Hmm, that's what i thought also...which made it so tense when they decided to run. If you have to do the whole charade, might as well play it to the end, but I guess you're right when ppl are *really* faced w/ this situation, reason may just go out the window.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1628 posts
145 upvotes
Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds
Next month's sequel better be good!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6255 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
gontori wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 12:55 pm
Death Wish.
It was good to see Bruce Willis back to action. Maybe not at his best and the movie is not Oscar worthy, but still entertains.
Bruce has to work on his facial expressions, though. He looked almost the same when he was angry, or sad, or happy.
+1 for Death Wish. I just finished it. Not the most brilliant or unique script but very well executed. A few of those scenes were brutal
Sep 30, 2001
27188 posts
6177 upvotes
Toronto
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Don't talk about it, be about it
Aug 16, 2017
760 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Calibre on Netflix, pretty chilling movie! Liked it a lot.

Backcounty on Netflix as well. not great but definitely not bad.