Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2018 5:12 pm
Tags:
Nov 15, 2009
255 posts
26 upvotes
Spoiler

I saw Calibre as you guys mentioned it. Both actors, acting ability was great. The village people acting was good too. Cinematography was good too. The movie keeps you glued in to what was going to happen next.

The scene, when they were seated at the table. The guy had the white backpack with bloody clothes seeping through. His friend coke addict goes to the washroom. Comes back to the table as the conversation is going on about death of two people. Did coke friend blurt out something that made them the suspect? The person at the table had a bewildered look on his face. I missed something here, maybe Scottish accent.

I think there were two shots fired. First one hit the kid and second one hit the man. Why was the coke friend taking out the bullet from a fallen tree? I could be wrong.

I think the husband got saved because of the girl, he had conversation in empty bar.

The wife never called to check up on the husband or husband never called home to check up on pregnant wife. Hollywood would never forget this one but this is U.K film flavor.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6130 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
MasterMK wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 10:39 am
Spoiler

I saw Calibre as you guys mentioned it. Both actors, acting ability was great. The village people acting was good too. Cinematography was good too. The movie keeps you glued in to what was going to happen next.

The scene, when they were seated at the table. The guy had the white backpack with bloody clothes seeping through. His friend coke addict goes to the washroom. Comes back to the table as the conversation is going on about death of two people. Did coke friend blurt out something that made them the suspect? The person at the table had a bewildered look on his face. I missed something here, maybe Scottish accent.

I think there were two shots fired. First one hit the kid and second one hit the man. Why was the coke friend taking out the bullet from a fallen tree? I could be wrong.

I think the husband got saved because of the girl, he had conversation in empty bar.

The wife never called to check up on the husband or husband never called home to check up on pregnant wife. Hollywood would never forget this one but this is U.K film flavor.
- He assumes the nephew was young when age wasn't mentioned
- 1 bullet went out of the father and hit the tree. 1 bullet stayed in the little kid's head.
Nov 15, 2009
255 posts
26 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 9:50 pm
- He assumes the nephew was young when age wasn't mentioned
- 1 bullet went out of the father and hit the tree. 1 bullet stayed in the little kid's head.
Spoiler

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

One other point that I found puzzled was the kid at the window. After they buried the man and the kid they return to where they were staying. Kid sees them through the window putting away the shovel. Wouldn't the kid tell on them. ( something fishy was going on). Maybe it has to do something with the man at the bar wanting the coke friend to invest in town.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20063 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
Death Wish 2018

I enjoyed this movie - nothing earth shattering but tried and true formula that works.

Bruce Willis was surprisingly ok in this movie - yes, his facial expression didn't change much but he actually cried!! Whattt....

And some of the gruesome deaths were hilarious and awesome - I enjoyed it for what it is
Oct 24, 2004
653 posts
101 upvotes
MasterMK wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 11:55 pm
Spoiler

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

One other point that I found puzzled was the kid at the window. After they buried the man and the kid they return to where they were staying. Kid sees them through the window putting away the shovel. Wouldn't the kid tell on them. ( something fishy was going on). Maybe it has to do something with the man at the bar wanting the coke friend to invest in town.
Also at the end of the movie was was the husband staring at the camera for so long?
Nov 15, 2009
255 posts
26 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 8:20 pm
Also at the end of the movie was was the husband staring at the camera for so long?
Spoiler

My personal view on this is, he killed a kid, the secret his has to live with for rest of his life. He is holding his kid, what kind or moral upbringing is he going to give his kid. Other people might have a different view.

Kid at the window, could be just a reminder of obligation to kid.

He killed his best friend. If he reveal anything to police the mob ( town people) might be after him because mob forced him to kill his friend

This is pure speculation. like to hear other people view.
Dec 23, 2015
485 posts
425 upvotes
I'm going to have to say Thoroughbreds. Dark , slow building tension. Antithetical to the steady stream of formula superhero/action hero commercial pulp of mainstream movies.
Banned
Jul 7, 2018
6 posts
The last good movie I watched was Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks . If you like historical dramas, I recommend it with confidence!
Feb 25, 2018
87 posts
20 upvotes
The Commuter

It was ok, nothing amazing. I was able to sit through it so that's a plus.
Dec 23, 2015
485 posts
425 upvotes
Born to be Blue isn't the last good movie I watched but worth it if you get the chance. Good performance by Ethan Hawke, who plays jazz trumpeter/vocalist Chet Baker. This movie had limited box office appeal but I think is a must for jazz fans and Baker's music is accessible for those who haven't yet discovered they are.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6241 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
Rampage is one of the best video game movies I've ever seen. That final scene really brought back memories and did the old arcade game justice
Dec 23, 2015
485 posts
425 upvotes
Love & Mercy , a biographical film about Brian Wilson deals with his creative approach and his struggles with mental illness. Wilson has commented that he thought the portrayal of him in the film is pretty accurate although they may have laid it on a bit thick regarding the dark parts of his life. For a guy who spent years "self medicating" and from crippling depression my guess is that the film doesn't even come close to portraying his struggles.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6354 posts
942 upvotes
T dot 6
Icarus. Won oscar for best doc last year, didnt get around to watching it until today. I enjoyed it.

"chronicles Fogel's exploring the option of doping to win an amateur cycling race and happening upon a major international doping scandal when he asks for the help of Grigory Rodchenkov, the head of the Russian anti-doping laboratory."
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

onthemove