Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 4:07 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11776 posts
2719 upvotes
Montréal
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 1:15 am
Yes huge fan of breaking bad will give it another go! Can anyone suggest some other good crime/ mystery/ who done it type movies ( prefer English no sub)
No Country for Old Men
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7065 posts
3346 upvotes
Toronto
hyperactiveme wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 3:34 am
You were never really here
I finally got around to this one yesterday and really enjoyed it. Probably not for everyone but the style and tone reminded me a bit of Thoroughbreds which I loved as well
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2316 posts
329 upvotes
In another world
Tag.
I didn't expect to be that heartwarming at the end... not just a silly game but a way to keep a long term friendship.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2978 posts
789 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 10:53 am
I finally got around to this one yesterday and really enjoyed it. Probably not for everyone but the style and tone reminded me a bit of Thoroughbreds which I loved as well
Watched this last night. I still dont know why I watched it 'till the end, and still dont know what I saw lol :) Very very weird movie.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1710 posts
197 upvotes
Markham
three billboards outside ebbing missouri
PSN ID: liquidimpulse
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1396 posts
378 upvotes
Life Itself (at TIFF)

Some might find it a bit sappy but I liked it
Heatware: 9-0-0
Realtor @ Royal LePage United Realty
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17671 posts
1763 upvotes
Woodbridge
Tuesday so figured why not...

PEPPERMINT

Enjoyed it, only a few female actress can sell a suburban mother turning into an assassin. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11413 posts
1646 upvotes
Mississauga
22 July by Paul Greengrass. Excellent and powerful movie.

Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
837 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
IN THE FADE.
German movie with English subtitles.
It's about a terrorist bombing in a German city. Woman losses her husband and child. Plot follows her as she goes through depression/hell, then the trial and the usual twists.
Great movie, suspenseful with some pretty good acting.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11776 posts
2719 upvotes
Montréal
bembol wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 9:55 am
Tuesday so figured why not...

PEPPERMINT

Enjoyed it, only a few female actress can sell a suburban mother turning into an assassin. LOL
Ya, it was alright...didn't feel the need to pay for it though. (Very few movies are worth paying for these days.)
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11776 posts
2719 upvotes
Montréal
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4823992/

Really good for a tv movie. It's a remake but the original was in the 50s w/ dated acting/music/etc, so I don't consider it so. Very meaningful cameo, nice touch.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1148 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
Pandora on netflix

really got me thinking that pickering nuclear plant should really shut down.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8785 posts
1288 upvotes
Victoria
Get Out

Had been meaning to watch it for a while. It was in my list of Oscar nominated movies to watch. Didn't really know what it was about before hitting play. They totally throw you off in the direction it starts with the misdirection, then it totally goes in another direction. Creeped me right out.. lol. Was really original though and I quite enjoyed it.
Mar 17, 2016
967 posts
734 upvotes
Sicario Day of Soldado

First one was better but this sequel was still very strong and enjoyable. Del Toro was great as always.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11776 posts
2719 upvotes
Montréal

Another neat thriller. David Spade in a srs role!