Entertainment

What was the last 'good' movie you watched?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 11:38 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1745 posts
542 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
12 STRONG
One of the best action movies I've seen in a while.
Based on the book The Horse Soldiers, it covers the first Americans on the ground in Afghanistan. All Special Forces, teaming up with the Northern Alliance and instrumental in defeating the Taliban. At times riding horses into battle against tanks, RPGs and suicide bombers.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6189 posts
2277 upvotes
Toronto
bluenose2 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2018 11:07 pm
the theory of everything

the danish girl
I finally watched The Danish Girl and thought it was amazing. Going from The Theory Of Everything to this film really puts into perspective how insanely talented of an actor Eddie Redmayne is. He most definitely deserved that best actor Oscar over Leo but I guess he already won the year before and people felt like it was owed to Leo at that point. Also I recommend reading into the story of the real Einer/Lili because the movie made up and changed quite a bit while the real story and details are fascinating in their own way
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6097 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 1:39 am
oh wow I have a habit of quickly searching this thread for stuff I just finished watching, totally skimmed your post and assumed you were suggesting Fahrenheit 451 as good which released earlier this year. I guess I'll have to save that misplaced rant for the bad movie thread Face With Tears Of Joy. Trippy how some of what you said could actually apply to both movies
Both are definitely about the world 'ending'!
If you like Fahrenheit 451 (the novel) have you seen: V for Vendetta, Equilibrium, Gattaca, Running Man, Minority Report?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6189 posts
2277 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 5:32 pm
Both are definitely about the world 'ending'!
If you like Fahrenheit 451 (the novel) have you seen: V for Vendetta, Equilibrium, Gattaca, Running Man, Minority Report?
All except for Equilibrium and Gattaca and I keep seeing Equilibrium mentioned and recommended in bad reviews for Fahrenheit 451 so I will check that out soon
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6097 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 9:28 pm
A Star is Born. Happy times, sad times, funny times. Thoroughly enjoyable. Not overly sentimental and not a shamelessly manipulative tearjerker. Bradley Cooper is terrific as always and Lady Gaga, whom I've never been a big musical fan of, knocks it out of the park. Music was good, not great. I saw this in UltraAVX; wow, the sound was great! Highly recommended.
Agreed 100%

Really enjoyed these two.

Dec 29, 2012
432 posts
70 upvotes
Scarborough
I just realized I never get tired of watching Independence Day, John Wick, Mortal Kombat and Karate Kid (Jackie Chan) ...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1789 posts
239 upvotes
Red Deer
Last night we watched Please Stand By (2017) and thought it was really good.
Sep 30, 2001
27115 posts
6065 upvotes
Toronto
First Man
Don't talk about it, be about it