• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2017 10:54 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6695 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
Only way is possibly upgrading to a new case and get a new psu and case under 100.00 and I wouldn't have issues with power or height restraints

I'd hate to spend more money I need too and be nice to keep the current setup and find a video card that will run good
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2029 posts
255 upvotes
Not sure what kind of motherboard those small machines use. May not be standard ATX/ mATX sizing . Going to need to research if its a mATX size board or not. If it is matx then you can probably get a case and 500w PSU for around $100
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6695 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
I'm still holding hope to find something lol just need to find a low consumption gpu
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1751 posts
744 upvotes
Saint John
The 1030s and 1050s draw next to nothing. You'll be fine with your 240w PSU. You may need to find a low profile card, however.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5324 posts
574 upvotes
birthdaymonkey wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:43 am
The 1030s and 1050s draw next to nothing. You'll be fine with your 240w PSU. You may need to find a low profile card, however.
This! ^
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2029 posts
255 upvotes
+1 for getting 1050.. just get one.. try it in your machine, if it works then great.. If it doesn't that means you should get another machine anyways, which you can proceed to put your 1050 in.... You can't go lower and still expect to play BF at any reasonable enjoyment level.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6695 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
coilz wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 9:23 pm
+1 for getting 1050.. just get one.. try it in your machine, if it works then great.. If it doesn't that means you should get another machine anyways, which you can proceed to put your 1050 in.... You can't go lower and still expect to play BF at any reasonable enjoyment level.

May try it right now the 4gb gddr5 is around 194.99
Any other recommidations?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2029 posts
255 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 4:34 pm
May try it right now the 4gb gddr5 is around 194.99
Any other recommidations?
Not too many other low profile options for 1050/1050ti. Go for any one of them and let us know what happens :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6695 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
coilz wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 6:28 pm
Not too many other low profile options for 1050/1050ti. Go for any one of them and let us know what happens :)
So many video cards out their it's so dam confusing lol
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21650 posts
2407 upvotes
Yeahhh I wouldn't get a 1030 and expect to play the more recent BF games well. 1050 should be your minimum aim here, a 1050 Ti is preferrable IMO. As for your PSU, you can always try and see what happens I guess. These cards don't require huge current but there's no telling how well (or how poorly) that PSU will hold up to its ratings (and you haven't even mentioned how much 12V capacity it has). Other thing that sucks is it's a non-standard PSU so it's not like you could easily replace it. That's definitely not a standard PSU (like SFX or anything) though it might be compatible with TFX or something but it still doesn't look like it. The whole thing is non-standard really--look at where the slots and the I/O are, it's like a BTX type configuation. It actually might be a micro BTX board but that's certainly not exactly standard either.

Anyway I still think it would work but if it's a really crappy supply then perhaps not. Just a tip...in the future it's best to stay away from highly-proprietary machines like that. Better off buying something off kijiji with decent mainstream parts. I'm sure there's some ITX builds you could find which are very competent and don't have the pitfalls of those OEM business "SFF" machines.

i5-3470 should be good to run BF games though
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6695 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
ES_Revenge wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 8:33 pm
Yeahhh I wouldn't get a 1030 and expect to play the more recent BF games well. 1050 should be your minimum aim here, a 1050 Ti is preferrable IMO. As for your PSU, you can always try and see what happens I guess. These cards don't require huge current but there's no telling how well (or how poorly) that PSU will hold up to its ratings (and you haven't even mentioned how much 12V capacity it has). Other thing that sucks is it's a non-standard PSU so it's not like you could easily replace it. That's definitely not a standard PSU (like SFX or anything) though it might be compatible with TFX or something but it still doesn't look like it. The whole thing is non-standard really--look at where the slots and the I/O are, it's like a BTX type configuation. It actually might be a micro BTX board but that's certainly not exactly standard either.

Anyway I still think it would work but if it's a really crappy supply then perhaps not. Just a tip...in the future it's best to stay away from highly-proprietary machines like that. Better off buying something off kijiji with decent mainstream parts. I'm sure there's some ITX builds you could find which are very competent and don't have the pitfalls of those OEM business "SFF" machines.

i5-3470 should be good to run BF games though
The power is 240watts I have another case I can put my new build into but it has this weird power plug I have never seen ever. It's a 6 prong straight without that I cant turn the system on i have 8 extra ddr3 gaming ram the board can hold up to 32gb gonna order the 1050ti and go from there. If it works perfect if it doesn't I will find another power supply that would be compatible with my current setup...
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21650 posts
2407 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 7:20 am
The power is 240watts I have another case I can put my new build into but it has this weird power plug I have never seen ever. It's a 6 prong straight without that I cant turn the system on i have 8 extra ddr3 gaming ram the board can hold up to 32gb gonna order the 1050ti and go from there. If it works perfect if it doesn't I will find another power supply that would be compatible with my current setup...
Yeah I read the 240W part but much more important is the 12V current capacity rating...and the brand of PSU.

But anyway, sounds like a good idea. A 1050 Ti is a fantastic card and is likely going to be the most beneficial for you per dollar, presuming you have a 1080p monitor (which is perhaps the majority of PC monitors are these days). Note that RAM over 8GB won't do much of anything for gaming, though faster RAM can help in some games (but it only makes a good difference in some fairly specific games and BF isn't one of them I don't think). However since you're using it in an OEM board here you likely won't be able to go over DDR3-1600 (possibly even 1333) anyway, regardless of what speed the memory is rated for.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21650 posts
2407 upvotes
coilz wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 2:48 pm
Hey OP.. this video might be relevant for your scenario.
. Looks like some home made adapter cable. From the comments section there are a few links to buy the adapter too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152350662741?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

http://a.co/3jbO8OL

Obviously use at your own risk.....
The adapter will work but the PSU will not fit. The video shows and Elite 8300...what the OP has is an Elite 8300 SFF. Different form-factor with different layout and no way a full-size ATX supply would fit like the one in the video.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6695 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
ES_Revenge wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 2:57 pm
The adapter will work but the PSU will not fit. The video shows and Elite 8300...what the OP has is an Elite 8300 SFF. Different form-factor with different layout and no way a full-size ATX supply would fit like the one in the video.
I actually have a matx case that I will be using and converting this system and gonna order a 1050ti maybe haven't decided yet between that or the 560 gonna do research before buying. But I did buy the adaptor tho it's coming from the state's and won't see it till end of the month