What is Melaleuca?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2008 8:54 am
Tags:
None
Sep 8, 2005
169 posts

What is Melaleuca?

What kind of product is this? My friend told me this is a natural product. But I've never heard of it or see it selling anywhere...
13 replies
Sep 29, 2003
97 posts
Toronto
It is natural products for varies uses. Such as cleaning, mouthwashes, tooth paste, alot of things u use in the household. But is not as harmful as clening products like bleach, window cleaner ect. Check out there website, they have great products but they are not cheap by all means.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5412 posts
171 upvotes
BC
its like watkins products.

all i've tried is the hand lotion.
That's my 2cents worth
Jan 25, 2004
972 posts
Melaleuca is not MLM, it is "consumer direct" people do not re-sell their products, you buy direct from the company and the people who referred you get a commision on what you buy.
The products are top notch and company customer service is great. If you are interested in this type of business, Melaleuca is one of, if not the best system for actually building a stable income. I know many people who make their living, and others who supplement theirs by having built small-large melaleuca businesses.

Products are reasonably priced but not cheap, though they are good quality and healthy, so it depends how u look at it.
My eBay Feedback
Heatware ID SledBC
Mar 5, 2002
706 posts
20 upvotes
I have to agree with SledBC regarding the products. They are expensive but they are quite good.

The only thing I don't like it is the subscription to join Melaleuca, and the fact that you have to buy a minimum $$ value of goods per month through their catalog!

I believe that last it was $150.00 a month? PLUS, if you don't order anything, they will ship you some random order of goods valued to that total, and demand payment?

I dunno...good product, but horrible method of charging and keeping loyalty.

Oh well...if only they sold the stuff at Costco! That would be great!

Cheers!
Tano
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14316 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
Wife was on this scam 2 yrs ago.
Everything they make is very expensive, and you have to pay shipping from US.
She was getting vitamins at $150/mth but they would last longer than a month. > :(

Anyone who needs $150/mth in vitamins ought to see a doctor.

There was nothing they sold that can't be bought here, under a different brand name.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
3286 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
sledbc wrote:
Jan 8th, 2007 12:02 pm
you buy direct from the company and the people who referred you get a commision on what you buy.
How is that not MLM? You refer your friends and get commission on their purchases, who in turn refer their friends and you both receive a commission, and so on and so on....It's just a big pyramid.
Dec 27, 2007
644 posts
4 upvotes
monty613 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2008 1:30 am
How is that not MLM? You refer your friends and get commission on their purchases, who in turn refer their friends and you both receive a commission, and so on and so on....It's just a big pyramid.
+1

:D
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4654 posts
170 upvotes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_level_marketing

Looks like a MLM to me ...

I'm curious, how do people who say/believe it's not MLM discern the difference?

How is Melaleuca NOT a MLM?

*edit*

according to the wiki page, it's basically a MLM with some changes supposedly to combat the typical abuses/characteristics of MLM's.
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2005
1631 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga
My mom and a few friends of her also use Melaleuca and they only buy for themselves and not reselling. One thing though is that their product is much better (not sure if cheaper) than Amway. I believe they don't really earn commission for resale, but points to redeem products. There is a minimum monthly purchase of about $40-60. That minimum is so easy for my mom and her friends to achieve because they use their vitamin supplements which were very good as well. They are reasonably price and natural products that are good for the environment.

I have all kinds of Melaleuca's products in my home (my mom just keep buying for me whenever she comes to visit), and I really like their liquid detergent (no scents/sensitive). It's very concentrate and a bottle last me almost a year (I used front load washer if that matters). I also used it with my baby's clothes and it's great.
Jun 13, 2006
760 posts
40 upvotes
Delhi
yup, my wife just signed up and we love there stuff too...works great...and does what its supposed to do...and saves us some $$$ and saves the environment along the way, as its all better for you and the world around you...can't beat that...she has already signed up 5 who wanted to try the products out also...
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14316 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
a50snake wrote:
Mar 10th, 2008 1:36 pm
yup, my wife just signed up and we love there stuff too...works great...and does what its supposed to do...and saves us some $$$ and saves the environment along the way, as its all better for you and the world around you...can't beat that...she has already signed up 5 who wanted to try the products out also...
Except that there are thousands of small shipments of vitamins and floor cleaner, being couriered around the continent. How is that environmentally sound? Maleleuca may be good for the environment, but you aren't because you ship these small packages, from the US.

Frankly, its a lot better for the environment for a trailer load to go to one store, than 1000 cartons going to 1000 addresses.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
× < >