Shopping Discussion

What other option are there for shipping to Italy?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2011 1:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 6, 2011
199 posts
29 upvotes

What other option are there for shipping to Italy?

I tried Canada Post, and let's just say the price is crazy, 30 for small packet air with no tracking, and if i want tracking, it jumps to 66 dollar.
Tried typing in the info on DHL website, it becomes 580 dollar!!dimension is only 25/17/17 cm and weighting 430g :|

Thanks for helping.
Btw, does Canada post have a mark up or something to the actual weight of the item? I've weighted my package with 3 different
scale, all shown as 430g, i go to Canada post located at kennedy and denision, they tell me its 540g :mad:
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1221 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
Items are notorious for going missing when sending to Italy & Spain (that's why most sellers on ebay won't send there).

Tracking info does NOTHING when your package is sitting in "the forgotten warehouse" of stuff that's supposed to go through customs.

Their customs also rejects a LOT of what is sent there by mail, for no particular reason either!

Send it by light packet air mail (should be $5-10) over paypal and hope for the best.
:arrow: I'LL BUY WAGJAG COUPON CODES! $5, $10 & $20 (from liking on FB or icoke - Paying 30% of coupon value by Paypal) - PM ME! :!:

My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
[OP]
Mar 6, 2011
199 posts
29 upvotes
Only 5-10 dollar?
How do i use this light packet you mentioned

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6167 posts
808 upvotes
Did you try using the package calculator on the Canada Post online site? It gives you all the shipping options and costs. You can play around with the weight to see what difference that makes.

If you told Canada Post that you wanted tracking then yes the $30 quote is probably correct since the cheap shipping options do not allow tracking. Tracking and insurance are two different things.
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
[QUOTE]Items are notorious for going missing when sending to Italy & Spain (that's why most sellers on ebay won't send there).[/QUOTE]

Last time I sent a package to IT I didn't have any problems. I sent Canadapost Express. The tracking worked from the time it left Canada until it reached the buyer's hands.
Nov 23, 2011
10 posts
Cambridge
Should have added to Chitchats Express example. He also offers shipping from USPS, much much cheaper than Canada Post. If it will fit into a small flat rate box, it will cost $13.95US to ship Priority Post to Italy. Comparable price with Canada Post surface mail but much much quicker and it comes with tracking. What he does is deliver packages to Niagara Falls NY almost every day for a base rate of 85 cents each. Every Ebay seller should look into it in my opinion. I have saved thousands over the past year.