Automotive

What are the police doing at Southbound 404 x Finch ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2016 3:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10728 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto
canoek wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 10:00 am
What part of 404SB and 401 doesn't make sense?
You probably are too young to remember how it was when it was essentially just straight and exits were 'normal. Now you have a long barricaded sounthbound 'throughfare', and one long restricted lane each for both E or W 401 even though they exit at different points. Given the volume and driver's propensity to transfer as in virtually ever other exit point, this one stands out. The designers of this probably designed the Harbourfront streetcar redesign.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2006 posts
993 upvotes
Toronto, ON
at1212b wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 11:49 am
You probably are too young to remember how it was when it was essentially just straight and exits were 'normal. Now you have a long barricaded sounthbound 'throughfare', and one long restricted lane each for both E or W 401 even though they exit at different points. Given the volume and driver's propensity to transfer as in virtually ever other exit point, this one stands out. The designers of this probably designed the Harbourfront streetcar redesign.
Yes, I don't know the old design. I also find this one design horrible as far as interchanges go. Was just wondering which aspect you don't like.

BTW, are you talking about Queens Quay streetcar design?
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10728 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto
canoek wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 2:13 pm
Yes, I don't know the old design. I also find this one design horrible as far as interchanges go. Was just wondering which aspect you don't like.

BTW, are you talking about Queens Quay streetcar design?
Yea, it's a disaster down there. No other road is designed like that. I can totally see and understand how and why cars go into the wrong way. It's not intuitive at all. It's as if they got people who were high that designed it.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2006 posts
993 upvotes
Toronto, ON
at1212b wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 2:40 pm
Yea, it's a disaster down there. No other road is designed like that. I can totally see and understand how and why cars go into the wrong way. It's not intuitive at all. It's as if they got people who were high that designed it.
I have seen many people driving on the streetcar tracks. You really have to keep your eyes opened there! I almost once went on the tracks, but since I know the whole place is a "gotcha", I was ready for it and got back on the right track so to speak.

Must be a bitch during snow when you can't see any marking on the road.

All in all, it's a huge clusterfluck.