Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 18, 2008
698 posts
14 upvotes

What is possibly wrong with this?!?!

I have a sony dsc-t7 with a 1gig memory stick

took the pictures today at the raptors game and when its viewed on the camera, its completely fine
but when i upload it, it becomes this

[IMG]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5948/dsc00075pc.jpg[/IMG]

about 90% of my images become like that!!!

Anyone know the issue?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1573 posts
315 upvotes
Montreal
ouch!
hopes its not the shot of a lifetime pics
Jul 5, 2006
150 posts
26 upvotes
Looks like a corrupted memory card?
[OP]
Jan 18, 2008
698 posts
14 upvotes
Guy wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 9:47 pm
Looks like a corrupted memory card?
possibly, i think this as well.

my camera phone does that too and it uses a memory card also

any ways of fixing this?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2217 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
i had similar stuff happen to my images. turns out it was the RAM in my computer. I never knew transferring images ever touched the RAM but it does pass through.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
ryan_lau100 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 11:35 pm
i had similar stuff happen to my images. turns out it was the RAM in my computer. I never knew transferring images ever touched the RAM but it does pass through.
Lots of computer functions pass through the RAM first - think of it as a buffer between your CPU and your hard drive. It's called Random Access Memory for a reason. :razz:

To the OP, do a memtest (Google it, it's a free application less than a MB big).

To determine which stick is faulty, test it one by one by yanking each stick if you have more than one stick in your PC.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1444 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
CSAgent wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 11:57 pm
think of it as a buffer between your CPU and your hard drive. It's called Random Access Memory for a reason. :razz:
Not that it matters, but FYI the "Random-Access" in RAM has nothing to do with it being a random/temporary buffer. It refers to the ability to access any piece of memory in a constant amount of time. (as opposed to, say, linear-access which implies accessing the "first" memory address is faster than the "last").
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24013 posts
1328 upvotes
Markham, ON
supernerd wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2009 1:53 pm
Not that it matters, but FYI the "Random-Access" in RAM has nothing to do with it being a random/temporary buffer. It refers to the ability to access any piece of memory in a constant amount of time. (as opposed to, say, linear-access which implies accessing the "first" memory address is faster than the "last").
i finally understand the significance of your avatar name :cheesygri

your nic name is well deserved :)