Real Estate

What is this property worth in your opinion & why?

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2017 12:24 am
Nov 3, 2009
616 posts
173 upvotes
Calgary
I'm not familiar with Toronto, but I will stay away from the railway... And they will do damages to the building structure.

The other factors you need to consider are the school district, city assessment, renting ratio and median income.

Location is the first factor, then is the structure/facing/size of the house. These two you can't change. Don't pay premium to the renovation, appliances etc.
Mar 25, 2017
207 posts
102 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:49 pm
I must be the only one who wouldn't care (and would be glad to get the bargain)? It isn't like the house was evil and forced someone to kill lol.
I'm 6.6, 240 pounds, 7% body fat, have a 12 inch ding dong and played 15 years in the NBA. Everyone is brave over the internet.
May 30, 2010
29 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
About 4 yrs ago my wife and I passed on this project during pre-construction. The price then was high 300s, after all the upgrades we wanted we imagined it would have been closer to 400. The super jail next door did not make the decision any easier, we passed for another project same price.

Today this it is worth 450k can't believe it.

We still own the property we purchased instead, it's rented out but to sell we would get in and around 700K. We dodged a bullet, pun intended.

Also, a friend of ours bought a condo down the street from this project. Selling it took a very long time and the return wasn't that great.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3421 posts
1352 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
worldpositive wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:48 pm
I'm 6.6, 240 pounds, 7% body fat, have a 12 inch ding dong and played 15 years in the NBA. Everyone is brave over the internet.
What a ridiculous comment. Why would someone being murdered someplace in the past be frightening? You probably walk down streets and in places where murders have happened at some point all the time. Does that bother you? Wouldn't bother me. It has NOTHING to do with the house. Bad shit happens in all sorts of places. Boo! Scary
Mar 25, 2017
207 posts
102 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
May 21st, 2017 3:41 pm
What a ridiculous comment. Why would someone being murdered someplace in the past be frightening? You probably walk down streets and in places where murders have happened at some point all the time. Does that bother you? Wouldn't bother me. It has NOTHING to do with the house. Bad shit happens in all sorts of places. Boo! Scary
I'm sorry that i'm not cool and tough like you.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3421 posts
1352 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
worldpositive wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 12:02 am
I'm sorry that i'm not cool and tough like you.
You have issues dude. I never implied anything about being cool or tough. I'm just not a superstitious idiot who thinks a house is "evil" or something just because a person did something bad in it. I'm totally done responding to your moronic comments.