Home & Garden

what are reliable toaster oven brands?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 5:04 pm
[OP]
Nov 8, 2017
6 posts

what are reliable toaster oven brands?

The new place I'm moving to (temporarily) doesn't have an oven, so I'm planning on buying a large toaster oven. Do I just go with the Japanese brands, or are there a set of name brands that are reliable when it comes to toaster ovens?

thanks
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6405 posts
1167 upvotes
sahands334 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:10 pm
The new place I'm moving to (temporarily) doesn't have an oven, so I'm planning on buying a large toaster oven. Do I just go with the Japanese brands, or are there a set of name brands that are reliable when it comes to toaster ovens?

thanks
Breville however we learnt along time ago to treat these as disposable items due to poor warranty and lack of replacement parts. Having said that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Breville - we received ours as a gift and its been going very strong for 5 years now - it's basically replaced our large oven.

https://www.breville.com/us/en/products ... ov810.html
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
[OP]
Nov 8, 2017
6 posts
Buy yourself a countertop convection oven, it's more versatile IMO. Something like this is what we have.

That is what I'm leaning towards, just my first time buying such a kitchen appliance, and I do not recognize any of the brands!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4821 posts
1224 upvotes
Alberta
KitchenAid/Whirlpool and Breville are brand names. All of our appliances at home are made by Whirpool. Never had any problems with any of them.
Jul 29, 2013
582 posts
237 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 6:39 pm
Buy yourself a countertop convection oven, it's more versatile IMO. Something like this is what we have.

https://www.kitchenaid.ca/en_ca/counter ... 273ss.html
I have the compact KitchenAid one and am very pleased with it. Much better quality than my old Black and Decker but also more expensive.
You can resale it after your short term use.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1358 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
This has been in regular use for 8 years without any issue.

I bought it when we renovated our kitchen. Has convection, toasts fine etc.
6E2B3BAC-ECB5-417C-903A-6C0C6BCCD649.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1966 posts
325 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Breville, we use it maybe 5 times a day.
We use our large oven maybe 5 times in a year :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5694 posts
1297 upvotes
Markham
I have an old PC branded countertop oven and it's heavily used as well. I recently saw a Oster French door model that I like the look of. Costco had them in, not sure if they still sell it. $180 reg price at Walmart.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1328 posts
161 upvotes
I would recommend Breville. Have been using it for over 6 years, still running strong
Your text to link here...
sahands334 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:10 pm

thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1125 posts
371 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
If it's only for temporary use, I'd look at a thrift shop. Usually lots of those (people dumping them to UG and they work perfectly fine). Most will work for years (they're simple) unless someone damages the heater wire (dripping gunk on it or damaging it through improper cleaning).

I got a nice, older KitchenAid convention oven for $80 (along with 2 Polk tower speakers, centre channel speaker, sub woofer, duct crimpers and other minor things).
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1125 posts
371 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 8:15 pm
KitchenAid/Whirlpool and Breville are brand names. All of our appliances at home are made by Whirpool.
I could almost guarantee you that any small appliance branded with a major appliance name is not made in the brand in question's factories, but either made by a 3rd party or the name's been licensed.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7756 posts
1045 upvotes
Toronto
I bought one of these when Futureshop was still in business for $100 on sale.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hamilton-Beach-31 ... 7161&psc=1

Still going strong and has worked like a charm.
Don't use it everyday as I also have a smaller back and decker one I use for simple everyday tasks like toasting.

Walmart has what looks to be a black version on sale right now.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hamilton-b ... 5gQAvD_BwE
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2317 posts
3309 upvotes
Laval
I would go with Hamilton Beach had conviction oven with a 5 year warranty and it stop working after 4 years called there 1 800 number and they shipped a new one to me with in a week great CS service

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)