Off Topic

what is rfd's suggestion on removing wisdom tooth?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2012 3:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
539 upvotes

what is rfd's suggestion on removing wisdom tooth?

Some members suggested going to some dental school or vocational school to be a guinea pig.
Other say to remove it DIY like any other tooth.
Or just suck it up and go to the dentist *************?
:|
33 replies
Sep 14, 2010
20 posts
1 upvote
packardbell wrote:
Sep 7th, 2012 4:41 pm

Or just suck it up and go to the dentist ******?
:|

I don't think this means what you think it means. :facepalm:

I don't know anyone who has had a wisdom tooth removed that wasn't by the dentist. My wisdom teeth are in with no problems. Are they causing you problems?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4078 posts
104 upvotes
Tahsis
A dental school would be fine if you have access to that kind of service but I had mine out at the dentist.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11524 posts
1440 upvotes
if u need them removed, you probably lack wisdom.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14656 posts
1497 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
a bottle of vodka and several bottles of tsing tao. Then take pliers and DIY.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2012
1371 posts
143 upvotes
U
I got it done by a Military dentist, they asked me if I wanted drugs, to be put asleep or just frozen.
I opt for just being frozen and it wasn't so bad.. it was recovering afterwards that sucked when I was bleeding all over the place.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4194 posts
360 upvotes
my 4 wisdom tooth removal felt better than teeth cleaning so YMMV
May 28, 2012
9906 posts
2079 upvotes
Saskatoon
Everyone's experience is different...for some, it's an easy extraction, for others it's a long ordeal, where the tooth is impacted and needs to be broken up into several pieces in order to be removed. This is not diy work. If you are getting a lot of headaches, sometimes it is the tooth pressing on a nerve. My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed, which put a stop to the headaches.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6294 posts
2259 upvotes
Calgary
Not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. Dentists usually suggest to remove them because some wisdom teeth are not in good alignment with the rest of the teeth while other are too far back in the mouth for proper cleaning. As a result wisdom teeth are more prone to decay. In most cases wisdom teeth are removed for the sakes of dental health and oral hygiene.

I had all four of them until one got a cavity so big that my dentist suggested removal. The experience was not bad. The root was bigger than my other teeth but it came out as one piece. Since it was an upper tooth, keeping the open wound clean was pretty easy. So far I still have three of them and they are in proper positions where I can still clean and floss to keep them healthy. My dentist has no problem with me keeping them.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1720 posts
742 upvotes
Yikes. for that I would get it done by a Dentist (not a school)
It's a huge and ugly job.
If you are worried about the cost...some Dentist's allow you to pay in installments
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24355 posts
2297 upvotes
Hamilton
I recently got 1 removed. Didn't feel a thing.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3880 posts
637 upvotes
Aurora
The drugs are really good.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)