Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11411 posts
1609 upvotes
City of Vancouver

What should I do with a fake LV purse?

I have a small, fake $100 LV purse that my older sibling got thru some shady dude selling "good" fakes. I don't like LV, never did, and hate fakes. Should I just wear it? Seems like such a waste to dump it. I like putting Vaseline on my hands, so it'd be practical to not worry about what's on my hands getting expensive purses dirty. What do u think?
25 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
16552 posts
4935 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Keep and rock it like

deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4061 posts
516 upvotes
Majority of LV purses are fake, might as well use it.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1458 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
It's fake. Value is 0$.

Throw it out.
Delete account because there are way too many idiots on rfd
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4833 posts
347 upvotes
If you don't like LV, don't wear it. IMO it doesn't matter what something cost--if you don't like it, don't use/wear it.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
181 upvotes
For everyday occasion go with the inauthentic. Ordinary folks wouldn't care if you're wearing real or fake.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
5445 posts
1006 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 9:51 am
If you don't like LV, don't wear it. IMO it doesn't matter what something cost--if you don't like it, don't use/wear it.
Yeah, if you don't like it, why would you wear it. I know people who wouldn't be caught dead in any real or imitation LV because they just think it's a loud, tacky brand.

Anyway, one of my casual beater bags is an authentic LV, in brown checkered Damier, which I bought new 2 years ago. The canvas and coated leather are durable, so you could use a real one with Vaseline hands regardless.

When people store away and don't use bags just because they are "expensive", they could be doing more harm. The exposure to air, moisture, even hand oils is actually good for many leathers. On the contrary, bags can dry out and become brittle/cracked if they are put away for storage for long periods of time and only "saved" for occasional use.

The most regretful part of the story is that your sibling paid a fakes dealer. :/
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1388 posts
347 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Be creative and modify it. Color dye it or paint over the LV logos. Then you'll have an original piece by you.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
181 upvotes
Give the fake to homeless guy. Use the real one for yourself. Everyone’s happy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8881 posts
1570 upvotes
Somewhere
Loudly and obnoxiously insist that it's real whenever/if ever someone points out that your ello-wee is fake.
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8521 posts
3175 upvotes
Toronto
Who.................the.............fudge..........cares...................

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Apr 10, 2011
296 posts
127 upvotes
Can you sell it on Kijiji or something? Obviously disclosing that it's not authentic, of course. And then you could put the $$$ towards something you actually like? I know it's technically illegal to sell fakes, but everyone does it.... :P
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4022 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 12:45 pm
Who.................the.............fudge..........cares...................
LMAO
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1763 posts
169 upvotes
WHO CARES?!?!! Do you tell people that its real every time someone sees it? But it seems like you're the type of person who just cares about brand name and showing it off to people. Just go buy a real one and make sure you tell EVERYONE that its real! Makes you feel better.

At the end of the day its difficult to see. You go to most Asian areas you'll see both fake and real.

Also please don't tell me its "fashion" there is nothing fashion about LV, it just scream LOOK AT ME I HAVE LV. I'd rather spend $250 on a subtle nice leather wallet than a $200 LV on sale.