Fashion & Apparel

what should i wear to a job interview for Guess?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2009 2:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 18, 2008
353 posts
1 upvote

what should i wear to a job interview for Guess?

i just received a phonecall for a job interview for a retail position.im having a bit of trouble figuring out what to wear to the interview.i dont have any suits , but i am leaning towards casual white dress pants , with a black long sleeve A/X shirt that doesnt have any logos that stick out along with some dress shoes.i was wondering if you guys think that is enough or under doing it.
7 replies
Feb 19, 2008
396 posts
4 upvotes
I dont think you should wear a suit. Wear something that makes you seem like you know what you are selling.
Jun 7, 2009
54 posts
Wear some trendy, along the lines of what Guess would sell, but at the same time, keep it more professional and less sexy.

If it were me, I'd wear a white blouse/dress shirt with a black pencil skirt and heels. :) Don't forget to accessorize!

Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
118 upvotes
you don't need to wear a suit. it's a retail position. go to a guess store, observe what they sell, what their current staff are wearing, and than wear something like that.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
May 18th, 2009 12:00 pm
I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 8:43 pm
Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2009
1432 posts
31 upvotes
miumiu wrote:
Aug 24th, 2009 1:09 pm
If it were me, I'd wear a white blouse/dress shirt with a black pencil skirt and heels. :) Don't forget to accessorize!

That's exactly what I wore to my interview with Guess. I worked there for 2 years.

Do you have any Guess clothes? Wear that. Do NOT wear a suit. Good luck :)

Are you a girl or a guy, btw? :P It makes a difference!
[OP]
Sep 18, 2008
353 posts
1 upvote
im a male , im leaning towards the casual dress pants from mexx along with the ax long sleeve.the retailers at the stores wear dress shirts and pants , but i dont have a nice snugg dress shirt to wear :( .
Dec 30, 2008
258 posts
28 upvotes
Bradford
No manager in their right mind would fault you for wearing a suit to a job interview. There are MANY who would dismiss you for underdressing. You might get away with wearing the same type of fashion sold at Guess, but would you wear a basketball jersey to a job interview at Footlocker? Just a thought.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2009
1432 posts
31 upvotes
dphythian wrote:
Aug 24th, 2009 2:03 pm
No manager in their right mind would fault you for wearing a suit to a job interview. There are MANY who would dismiss you for underdressing. You might get away with wearing the same type of fashion sold at Guess, but would you wear a basketball jersey to a job interview at Footlocker? Just a thought.
You can't compare the two. Guess carries business/business casual clothing that others could potentially wear to an office job interview.
× < >