• Sep 17th, 2018 7:32 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 30, 2011
266 posts
64 upvotes

What should be included in drywalling?

Hi guys,

Working with a contractor on a mini home reno project. Included in the scope of work is drywalling in a room. What should I expect to be included in the scope of drywalling? Like should I expect the quote to include painting and baseboards? Or is that usually separate from the quote?

I will talk to him about it Monday, but wanted to get others thoughts as well.

Thank you
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
3254 posts
661 upvotes
tofueater wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 11:20 am
Hi guys,

Working with a contractor on a mini home reno project. Included in the scope of work is drywalling in a room. What should I expect to be included in the scope of drywalling? Like should I expect the quote to include painting and baseboards? Or is that usually separate from the quote?

I will talk to him about it Monday, but wanted to get others thoughts as well.

Thank you
Paint and trim will definitely be separate

The only thing I would assume to be included in “drywalling” would be hanging the drywall, taping and mudding
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
6918 posts
3921 upvotes
Edmonton
Red_Army wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 12:48 pm
Paint and trim will definitely be separate

The only thing I would assume to be included in “drywalling” would be hanging the drywall, taping and mudding
This. Basically, if he’s doing the drywalling, it should be ready to prime when he’s done. But it doesn’t deal with the trim at all.

C
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
2721 posts
1038 upvotes
Some drywallers don't even mud and tape.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2617 posts
530 upvotes
Edmonton
Drywalling is just hanging the drywall. You have tapers doing the taping then Sanders just sanding. But smaller projects you might have one guy doing it all

Usually people who don't have much skill will just hang the drywall and get someone to tape and mud and sand
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2150 posts
429 upvotes
Might include tape/mud/sanding....but make sure that's clear in the contract.

Painting and baseboard would most definitely NOT be part of drywalling. Again, make sure your contract is clear so there are no surprises (well, fewer surprises I suppose).
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4543 posts
949 upvotes
Kitchener
Include primer so the drywaller can see and fix imperfections easier. Be tough to get him back after you did the primer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)