Entrepreneurship & Small Business

What software to use for making invoices?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2014 9:56 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 21, 2010
887 posts
25 upvotes

What software to use for making invoices?

just starting a small business. What to use for making invoices?
I have a Brother QL 700 printer, is that good for hardware?
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4462 posts
584 upvotes
I use Wave accounting. (waveapps.com)
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30070 posts
4783 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Can anyone recommend something for a small coffee shop? Inventory will be needed. Looking for something that supports cash drawers.
Oct 16, 2013
151 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gee wrote:
Aug 8th, 2014 1:38 pm
Can anyone recommend something for a small coffee shop? Inventory will be needed. Looking for something that supports cash drawers.
try Milano Software. They're a small shop based out of Richmond Hill.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
331 upvotes
Mississauga
You can use sql ledger. If you need demo, pm me.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4462 posts
584 upvotes
Kostan wrote:
Aug 8th, 2014 12:44 pm
What kinda of business is it?

If you're dealing with inventory, www.inflowinventory.com is a good option.

If it's a service based buisness, www.waveapps.com is awesome as Kohanz mentioned, or www.freshbooks.com
In my experience Wave is not perfectly suited for service-based businesses. That's what I have and you have to do some awkward customization to make it work. Out of the box, it's more for an inventory based business.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3848 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
Wave can be customized to work for service and product related businesses, you just have to tweak the settings.

I used to use wave, but now I use excel because in wave, it takes quite some time to enter all the information in, while in excel, I just punch in the numbers and it all tally it up with hst in a second. Plus I can customize it anyway I want as I am pretty meticulous with the way my invoices look.
Aug 11, 2008
806 posts
190 upvotes
I was also in hunt for good invoice service for few days and these are my finding:

waveapps - though I want use it for being Canadian, but major draw back for me that I can't change tabs in invoice like 'Qty' etc. I need Rate per hour, # of hours etc. Also you can only export from it but no import for invoice from other softwares or in CSV format.

So I end up using freshbook for now which have option to chose item or hourly expenses.
LJ_Gencoupe wrote:
Aug 9th, 2014 10:01 pm
Square has a new invoice feature.
Square - you can email direct to customer and get ding with fees when get paid. No option of sending through your email or download as PDF etc. And again no customization in invoice tabs

But while my search something I find something very interesting. Not suitable for me but may be for some mature business, big inventry or warehouse etc. have a look.:
https://www.erpag.com/
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4462 posts
584 upvotes
ykhehra1 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 7:07 pm
waveapps - though I want use it for being Canadian, but major draw back for me that I can't change tabs in invoice like 'Qty' etc. I need Rate per hour, # of hours etc. Also you can only export from it but no import for invoice from other softwares or in CSV format.
This is exactly what I meant when saying that Wave is not suited for a service business. I work around this by adding a memo to the invoices saying that "Quantity unit is hours and Price unit is $/hour", but this is obviously not ideal.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1277 posts
161 upvotes
Freshbooks works well with me. I do both hourly and project based invoicing.
Oct 30, 2012
176 posts
14 upvotes
Is there a software market in Canada. I mean to make a new software for business like invoicing , payment. How these waveapps and freshbooks captured the market?

BTW I still use Excell for my invoicing.