Cell Phones

What are some good Free Blackberry Apps to have?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2013 10:57 am
Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2010
973 posts
81 upvotes

What are some good Free Blackberry Apps to have?

I need some recommendations for Free:
GPS
Calorie Counter
Productivity apps
Apps to keep me organized (To-Do lists)

Any recommendations?

Edit:
Found Gasbuddy.com : Nice app to find Cheap Gas in the area.
16 replies
Jan 27, 2013
378 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Poynt
BlackBerry Traffic
BlackBerry News
The Score
PicStory
BlackBerry Protect
Advance OS and LED
Facebook
Twitter
PhotoStudio
Sep 24, 2010
916 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Just curius - Does anyone have experience with BB GPS? Is it good enough that one can get rid of regular GPS in the car?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
20481 posts
1251 upvotes
Aurora
panda470 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 7:52 pm
Just curius - Does anyone have experience with BB GPS? Is it good enough that one can get rid of regular GPS in the car?
In my opinion, no phone GPS on any platform can replace an in car GPS.

Even TomTom loaded on phones don't compare to a dedicated unit.
Jan 25, 2013
252 posts
26 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
panda470 wrote:
Latest Nokia phones have a guaranteed GPS. for GPS, you need to have a special location based system embedded in your mobile network...HOWEVER that does not stop you from tracking locations...but it wont be the same as a GPS. It will be using Data to track yourself. GPS and using data seems very similar but very different. It also depends on your wireless service provider too...
Heres an article for further investigation: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphon ... 645_11.jsp

Good luck. Hope it helped.
“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” - Lady Gaga
[OP]
Aug 30, 2010
973 posts
81 upvotes
kingtosh82 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 5:48 pm
Poynt
BlackBerry Traffic
BlackBerry News
The Score
PicStory
BlackBerry Protect
Advance OS and LED
Facebook
Twitter
PhotoStudio
Thanks bro. Just downloaded most of those.
Mayoo wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 7:30 pm
Bb10 or os7?
OS 7
Dec 12, 2010
611 posts
55 upvotes
You should bookmark this link, as its continually being updated:
http://crackberry.com/best-blackberry-10-apps-and-games

From site:

APPS
CrackBerry 10 - The best way to experience CrackBerry on your Z10. AMAZING app!
Spark Me - Pimp out your avatar picture with a freakin' sweet Spark or CrackBerry logo!
WordPress - A blogger's best friend. Post on the move, with support for picture and video uploads.
Songza - Android port of the best streaming music service out there. Mood-based playlists with no audio ads.
Nobex - Get nation-wide radio streaming music and notifications when new podcasts are ready to download.
News360 - Catch the latest feeds from all of your favorite sources.
Untappd - Share your favorite brew with friends and discover new beers.
Flixter - Look up movie info and find what's playing at local theatres.
theScore - Get fast sports scores, news, and standings on the go.
Badoo - Meet nearby singles.
Cooklet - Find delicious new recipies.

GAMES
Radiant Defense - A hilarious tower defense game with unique art style.
Beach Buggy Blitz - A gorgeous 3D racing game with lots of upgrades and customization.
Sector Strike - A fast-paced retro-style shooting game. Steer, shoot, and stay alive.
WordHero - Compete with others online to come up with as many words in a letter grid in a limited amount of time.
Angry Birds Star Wars - It wouldn't be a next-gen smartphone platform without Angry Birds, now would it?
PewPew - An abstract retro shooter. Stay alive in a wireframe maelstrom.
Billy's Hill - Fly a ballon to collect fireflies and grow fruit to stop a monster from devouring a village.
Run in Crowd - A simple side-scrolling endless runner with multiplayer.
UniWar - A futuristic turn-based strategy game that takes place on a hex grid.
Trid - A hectic pattern reproduction game with sharp visuals.
Super Hexagon - Super Hexagon is an intense and obscenely difficult abstract puzzle game with an awesome 8-bit soundtrack.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
4555 posts
878 upvotes
Mississauga
Xpwmata wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 12:59 am
You should bookmark this link, as its continually being updated:
http://crackberry.com/best-blackberry-10-apps-and-games

From site:

APPS
CrackBerry 10 - The best way to experience CrackBerry on your Z10. AMAZING app!
Spark Me - Pimp out your avatar picture with a freakin' sweet Spark or CrackBerry logo!
WordPress - A blogger's best friend. Post on the move, with support for picture and video uploads.
Songza - Android port of the best streaming music service out there. Mood-based playlists with no audio ads.
Nobex - Get nation-wide radio streaming music and notifications when new podcasts are ready to download.
News360 - Catch the latest feeds from all of your favorite sources.
Untappd - Share your favorite brew with friends and discover new beers.
Flixter - Look up movie info and find what's playing at local theatres.
theScore - Get fast sports scores, news, and standings on the go.
Badoo - Meet nearby singles.
Cooklet - Find delicious new recipies.

GAMES
Radiant Defense - A hilarious tower defense game with unique art style.
Beach Buggy Blitz - A gorgeous 3D racing game with lots of upgrades and customization.
Sector Strike - A fast-paced retro-style shooting game. Steer, shoot, and stay alive.
WordHero - Compete with others online to come up with as many words in a letter grid in a limited amount of time.
Angry Birds Star Wars - It wouldn't be a next-gen smartphone platform without Angry Birds, now would it?
PewPew - An abstract retro shooter. Stay alive in a wireframe maelstrom.
Billy's Hill - Fly a ballon to collect fireflies and grow fruit to stop a monster from devouring a village.
Run in Crowd - A simple side-scrolling endless runner with multiplayer.
UniWar - A futuristic turn-based strategy game that takes place on a hex grid.
Trid - A hectic pattern reproduction game with sharp visuals.
Super Hexagon - Super Hexagon is an intense and obscenely difficult abstract puzzle game with an awesome 8-bit soundtrack.
This is a Good list for BB10 but the OP is looking for OS7.1
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15070 posts
741 upvotes
Woodbridge
panda470 wrote:
I only time use my Garmin is in the US.

I haven't used my Z10's GPS but I'm very happy with my Note 2/Google Maps & Navigation.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jan 27, 2013
378 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
BB Traffic is a fantastic app on OS 7.0/.1 for GPS. It only works in major cities, like the GTA and surrounding area. Easy to use and has built-in real-time traffic info.

The Z10 BB maps app is powered by TomTom. It's not the greatest, but it's definitely better than iOS maps app (which is also powered by TomTom).

bembol wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 9:51 am
I only time use my Garmin is in the US.

I haven't used my Z10's GPS but I'm very happy with my Note 2/Google Maps & Navigation.
Jan 25, 2013
252 posts
26 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
kingtosh82 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:08 am
BB Traffic is a fantastic app on OS 7.0/.1 for GPS. It only works in major cities, like the GTA and surrounding area. Easy to use and has built-in real-time traffic info.

The Z10 BB maps app is powered by TomTom. It's not the greatest, but it's definitely better than iOS maps app (which is also powered by TomTom).
anything besides the iOS maps is better than the iOS maps...I got lost once using them...never again, apple. Never again... >_>
“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” - Lady Gaga
[OP]
Aug 30, 2010
973 posts
81 upvotes
kingtosh82 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:08 am

BB Traffic is awesome.
pinkcarrot wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:28 am
anything besides the iOS maps is better than the iOS maps...I got lost once using them...never again, apple. Never again... >_>
[IMG]http://comicstroll.com/wp-content/uploa ... p2.jpeg[MG]
lol Go home Map, You're Drunk!
× < >