Personal Finance

What type of Visa Card do you have?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2010 9:58 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: What Type of Visa Card do you have?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3251 posts
536 upvotes
Calgary
BRAISKI wrote:
Jan 1st, 2010 5:48 pm
I had an RBC Classic II for about 9 yrs! I never really saw a reason to get a Premium CC until recently. I got the Infinite just on December, since I am planning on a trip next year and the bonus 15,000 points will come in handy. My annual fee is waived because of my Chequing account.
How is the annual fee on RBC Infinite waived through the chequing account? I havent heard about this
Mar 23, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
tng11 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2010 10:56 pm
Have:
RBC Starbucks Visa
TD Gold Elite Visa
TD First Class Visa Infinite

Whoa both Gold Elite and First Class Visa? If you had to choose one, which one would you get? I want to switch to First Class but I don't think I spend more than the $8000 needed to break even, and I think I mistakenly took on the elite a long time ago but don't want to shut it down due to credit weights. I guess it will pay for itself once I start driving.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8988 posts
1053 upvotes
Vancouver
CIBC Dividend (formerly Optimum) - had it since the beginning of time, not used
RBC Starbucks - used when vendor only takes Visa (otherwise 2% Gold Amex, Smartcash, or Citi Driver's Edge depending on circumstances)
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1839 posts
188 upvotes
casperr wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 2:27 am
How is the annual fee on RBC Infinite waived through the chequing account? I havent heard about this
RBC VIP banking includes a premium Visa card + co-applicant card. Otherwise, no limit account gives $35 off any Visa card.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6480 posts
1033 upvotes
T dot 6
RBC No fee Gold Visa mainly for car rental insurance.

Amex Cashback for everything else.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
3271 posts
69 upvotes
guessaaa wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 4:49 am
RBC VIP banking includes a premium Visa card + co-applicant card. Otherwise, no limit account gives $35 off any Visa card.
It's definitely not free per se considering that the VIP banking package has a whopping $30/month fee!
JasoniusUW wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 2:38 am
Whoa both Gold Elite and First Class Visa? If you had to choose one, which one would you get? I want to switch to First Class but I don't think I spend more than the $8000 needed to break even, and I think I mistakenly took on the elite a long time ago but don't want to shut it down due to credit weights. I guess it will pay for itself once I start driving.
I have Select Service and I was able to get both without an annual fee. I don't actually use the Gold Elite, I just keep it around for the Auto Club and put all my main spending on the Infinite.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1783 posts
177 upvotes
casperr wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 2:27 am

I transferred my account from No Limit Signature Banking to VIP Banking. Though VIP Banking is more expensive @ $30/mth it waives the fee of a premium Visa (approx $10/mth since its $120/yr) and since I have an investment with RBC it qualifies as as "MultiProduct Rebate" which is about $22.50. Not to mention they have a promotion when you open a VIP account you will get 15,000 points!
The No Limit Sig Banking will give you $35 rebate for any Visa and if you have "MultiProduct Rebate" you will pay $9.95 instead of $13.95.

Depends really how you see it if you can take advantage of some of the benefits for VIP Banking then its worth it. I will be traveling few times this year so withdrawal outside Canada is free! It sucks when you have to pay $5 per withdrawal.

Here is more info...
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/de ... nking.html
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1839 posts
188 upvotes
tng11 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 6:30 am
It's definitely not free per se considering that the VIP banking package has a whopping $30/month fee!
"Free" in the sense that whether or not you have the card, you're paying the same amount for the banking package, while not having the banking package will cost you $120/year + whatever the co-applicant fee is for your spouse for a premium card.
Nov 29, 2009
26 posts
B.C
RBC Infinite Avion
BMO Gold Mastercard
Scotiabank Value Visa---Terrible :P
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18927 posts
1361 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2010 7:50 pm
my rbc classic got cancelled thanks to rbc :mad:
LOL Another RBC win eh angel? :)
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
725 upvotes
CIBC Aerogold Infinite: 25k limit.

Also had a MBNA Starwood Mastercard: 20k Limit, but will now cancel due to loss of affinity program.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
140 upvotes
(I could have sworn I replied to this thread before.)

I have a TD Gold Elite Visa. It has the extra coverage I need. I'm not an annual fee kind of guy, and travel points don't mean anything to me so I see no reason to go for a Platinum or Infinite or whatever the next level is.
Nov 29, 2009
26 posts
B.C
msm21 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 4:05 am
RBC Infinite Avion
BMO Gold Mastercard
Scotiabank Value Visa---Terrible :P

YAAA NO more scotiabank VISA got rid of it today :D
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18259 posts
2937 upvotes
GTA West
boyoflondon wrote:
Jan 1st, 2010 11:44 pm
I have ONLY one RBC Gold Rewards VISA ....
Same.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?